Ordered my stuff today..

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
The labor is the only reason I didnt get the kit, I know i couldnt do it myself, and a shop said 30hrs of labor then you need a tune = 3500.00 ontop of paying over 6k for a turbo. Maybe if I ever got an 04 cobra. Other than that T88 on the supra next year.

J

Janstang

Too bad you aren't closer, I would do the install for cheap..Thats what I get for living up here in the middle of nowhere..

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
Janstang said:
Intercooler is mounted..
11414851lq1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Did you have to cut the bumper support?

J

Janstang

No..I had done that when I was running the Procharger stuff to try to improve the airflow to the intercooler. I will post more progress this evening. I am heading to the garage..

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
Janstang said:
No..I had done that when I was running the Procharger stuff to try to improve the airflow to the intercooler. I will post more progress this evening. I am heading to the garage..

Sounds great!!! Are you doing all the work with the motor in the car?

J

Janstang

Will be now.. I put the engine and tranny in this afternoon. I also did the piping from the manifolds forward. Tomorrow should be mounting the turbo and running the rest of the piping.

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
Janstang said:
Will be now.. I put the engine and tranny in this afternoon. I also did the piping from the manifolds forward. Tomorrow should be mounting the turbo and running the rest of the piping.

Keep me posted! Did you do any internals?

J

Janstang

Everything is built.. VT stroker w/forged everything. ARP hardware throughout, Complete fuel system, built C4 tranny. I have had to work the last couple of days, but if everything goes well I should have the majority of it done by tomorrow evening(Saturday). I will get all the pics up then. So far I am surprised at how much more involved the turbo install is, compared to the various supercharges I have done. Lots of little things, like ensuring that anything that might melt or is affected by heat is either wrapped up or relocated. Piping, piping and more piping..

J

Janstang

Well, I have the majority of the install done. Fired it up last night for a minute or so. Sounds interesting.. I don't have my base tune yet, so it wasn't too happy on the old tune(55lbinj vs. 60's). I am working on the little details now, like doing heat wrap on anything that may be too close to hot piping etc.. The only issue I had with the whole install was the crossover pipe that goes from the driverside exh. manifold under the bellhousing and joins the passenger piping to run forward. I knew with the C4 and aftermarket trans pan it might not be quite right. I had to chop off about 2in. and reweld the flange. I have all the tools/equipment to do that sort of thing, so it wasn't a big deal. The kit has good instructions, and the piping and everything included in the kit is top notch. Just be prepared for a long install if you have never done one before. Tomorrow I hope to pull it out of the garage and get some good underhood shots. For now, heres a couple of underside shots of the piping..
11414861fb3.jpg
[/URL]
11414881xu8.jpg
[/URL]
11414891xe1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

J

Janstang

Still haven't got my tune, so I tweaked my existing tune so I could pull it out of the garage. Here's some underhood pics of the finished product.
11414921bx0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
11414931xs6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
11414941ck5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

J

Janstang

I was a little worried when I first went to set it down on the flange, wasn't sure if it was going to fit down in there or not.. Its definitely tight..

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Absolutely bad ass!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I really like how the blue valve covers set off agains the chromes pipping!

Btw, did you order the MM k-member and install it w/ this kit or did you already have an aftermarket k-member?

Users who are viewing this thread