Ordered my stuff today..

J

Janstang

I can make the returnless work for me..If not all I need to add is a return line to my custom setup and its done.

J

Janstang

Nate, I forgot to ask..Is yours a 76 or 88? I would like to find a turbo blanket for an 88, but it doesn't sound like there is anything out yet..

HellionCobra

More to come!
Established Member
i have the 88. i do not think there is any chance of the returnless keeping up, better safe then sorry too. i have not had any problem with the turbo heat. i do not have a blanket and have not seen any melting or problems with plastic.

Nate

J

Janstang

Thanks guys..Nate-I figured I would take my time on the tune and creep up on the limits of the fuel system. Hate to put her in melt down.. I guess I will just keep an eye on the underhood stuff. My worries are the P/S reservoir and the portion of the fan shroud right behind the hotside of the turbo headunit.

J

Janstang

Going to the local 1/8th mile track tonight for some shakedown runs..With it on the transbrake@5000 its at full boost. We'll see if it eats the rear bumper or snaps my neck..:thumbsup:

Common

Established Member
LOL....you will only be able to do 100mph rolls(if you streetrace) and ride around on full blown slicks ALL THE TIME...congrATS

J

Janstang

stroker22 said:
LOL....you will only be able to do 100mph rolls(if you streetrace) and ride around on full blown slicks ALL THE TIME...congrATS
I already ran around on the slicks when I went to town, so that wasn't a problem. I made a couple of shakedown runs and it popped the pipe off at the MAF each time, so I am going to fab up a retainer of some sort to keep it from doing this. 60ft's were in the 1.50's with no track prep and the suspension on full stiff, so those weren't too bad..Next visit to the track will be with the suspension on full soft and they will be putting down the VHT to help traction.

spincobra03

Established Member
hey janstang how much money would you say you have invested in all upgrades minus the 25 or 30k the cobra is worth stock. Im really interested.

J

Janstang

droptopsnake01 said:
hello..

power?
Don't know..I tune it on the street. Nearest Dynojet is 6 hours away. Good luck Naz.. The only thing currently that I see I am going to need soon is a Mafia to extend the meter. I am running the BA2800 and its nearing its limit. I am running it in a blow-thru config. BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread