Ordered my stuff today..

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
Janstang said:
Haven't heard much from you in awhile.. Just put the car back together. It was having what I thought was some valve float above 18psi, so I upgraded to the CompCams springs/retainers. I am waiting on a set of WeaponX COP's to show up to also rule out spark blow-out. Even with these little issues and it cutting out on top, with a passenger with me last time it ran a 6.61@106mph with a 1.41 60ft on an unprepped track and a density altitude of approx. 6000ft. So at sea level with good air, prepped track, and the fat passenger out of the car it should be somewhere in the 5's in the 1/8th..

Yeah I haven't posted a lot, haven't even ran my 03 Cobra since I bought it. Having a baby in the house takes most of my time and so the cars are sorta on the back burner.

BTW, did you see what Buster made in his stock longblock 03 Cobra? 999rwhp through an unlocked converter with the Hellion T88 kit. He mentioned that he swapped to aftermarket valvesprings just for the heck of it and saw no difference at all in power.

Mark

J

Janstang

Damn..Do you know what kind of boost he's making? I had originally swapped the springs, because I thought I was having a valve float issue with the higher boost. I took it out last week and its still doing it. So I put a new set of TR6's gapped down to .030 and it got me up to around 18psi before it started breaking up. What gets me is I'm running the BAS and figured that would cover it(I ran 21psi with the Procharger). Guess not, I'm waiting on some WeaponX COP's to see what that does for it. I am waiting on an updated vid of my 6.60 runs from a guy that filmed them. When I get the vid I will post it up here..Have fun with the kids, mine are a year apart(2 boys, 5 and 6).They are starting school soon, so I won't know what to do with all the extra time on my hands..

Nazman

Established Member
Hey brother,

glad to know you got those things sorted out. You should try a gap of o/a .028.

Also, why dont you try some AR92-3s. I had great success with AR94s and Nitrous.

I plan on running the Weapon X Plugs gap set at o/a .028 - .030 on the streets up to o/a 15 or so PSI. Then some AR92s-3s @ .028 with some race gas and 25PSI.

John told me the motor should ship o/a the 23rd so we will see.

Best of luck and post that video!

Naz

J

Janstang

I used to run the AR94's, but the Tr6's were easier to come by. I will try these TR6's with the new COP's first and see how they work. If its still giving me some issues I will try the AR's. Been so damn hot around here the last couple of days you can't stand to even go outside. 108deg with no breeze..Sucks!!

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
Janstang said:
Damn..Do you know what kind of boost he's making? I had originally swapped the springs, because I thought I was having a valve float issue with the higher boost. I took it out last week and its still doing it. So I put a new set of TR6's gapped down to .030 and it got me up to around 18psi before it started breaking up. What gets me is I'm running the BAS and figured that would cover it(I ran 21psi with the Procharger). Guess not, I'm waiting on some WeaponX COP's to see what that does for it. I am waiting on an updated vid of my 6.60 runs from a guy that filmed them. When I get the vid I will post it up here..Have fun with the kids, mine are a year apart(2 boys, 5 and 6).They are starting school soon, so I won't know what to do with all the extra time on my hands..

Buster was at 32psi I think, his post is in the turbo section of the 03-04 forum on modularfords.

Waiting on the video!

J

Janstang

Here's a run from the other night. Traction was half-ass and for some reason I'm still having issues with battery voltage dropping out the bottom during my runs. To top it all off my tranny locked up on me mid-way through the last pass of the night. Locked up the tires at around 70mph, luckily I got her slammed into neutral before it got out of shape. Car will roll forward in neutral, but it locks up if you try to go backwards in neutral. So it looks like I'm done for the year(only a couple of races left up here). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDpHhRXgY7I

J

Janstang

Well, I pulled the tranny apart today to see how bad it really was. Lets just say I'm done for the year and I have a new project for the winter.:( The forward drum, planetary and everything associated with it is ground up into nice, little chunks..

J

Janstang

Built C4 with about 3 years of hard duty, so it was due for a rebuild. Was hoping it would make it through this year. Guess not..

SSeatr

Established Member
dayum brent, yea that powerglide is sounding like a good idea, i dont know how i missed this thread.

goodluck with that jetplane you got there

J

Janstang

Lol..Thanks man. Thats what everybody at the local track calls it..I keep telling them I don't hear any of it, because I'm concentrating too much going down the track. I have to go back and watch vid's people have taken before I realize what the cars doing and sounds like.

Users who are viewing this thread