Opinions on turbo kits?

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Yup lol. Our kmember has even fixed a shift issue or two from minimizing engine twist. W a wotbox it shifts like buttah. That's better than butter

Whoever told you that lied about that crap!!!! :D ..... No, it really helped.

Trust me the snotrocket build thread was a big factor here too. Only downside, and maybe I'm overthinking this just because all of the online back and forth, is I love my manual cars and I have zero intentions of going auto. This is just a fun street car for me and I love rowing gears. Not trying to get the best times at the strip.

Are street driven m6 turbos giving up a lot compared to pd blowers?

On pump gas and 8-8.5lbs at full weight I was going 10.50's at 136. No wot box, no two step. Just slip the cutch a little and let er eat. STOCK CLUTCH. With race gas and a wot box and two step I believe the car coulda seen 9's. Just got a good deal on an auto and it's too damn hot to race.

In Dustins words, grandma was shifting most of the time lol

CPRsm

^^

Hard to judge off just graphs. There are so many ways to calibrate tunes on these cars. Lots of tuners calibrate many of the settings to keep the motor/drivetrain together long term by limiting power output or the way power comes on in many different situations.So it doesn't give you a good representation of what said kit/setup is capable of.

With that said you could literally take X setup tuned by so and so on the safe side of everything and turn around and try and go all out and the graphs may looks quite a bit different.
Maybe to a point. But in this dimension, a Paxton can't build boost fast enough to break 500ft/lbs by 2500rpm. Maybe if it was pullied for 60psi lol

Last edited:

Famine

Established Member
I'm in the same boat then with me having a manual. I would prefer also to keep the manual and I would not want to be forced to "no-lift shift" to keep in boost, as that destroys trannies.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I have a spare for ya!!:thumbsup:

I had the same feelings. Didn't wanna have to rely on boxes and gadgets to make the car quick. It definitely got me where I wanted with the stick tho so I was happy

JTS_7

Established Member
Maybe to a point. But in this dimension, a Paxton can't build boost fast enough to break 500ft/lbs by 2500rpm. Maybe if it was pullied for 60psi lol

Agreed.

My post was directed at Justinstang though, just really speaking in general terms, nothing specifically to anything in this thread. I see everyone always comparing graphs etc

Too many variables without knowing exactly how the tune was calibrated. Hypothetically speaking, someone might mention that in someone's graph the power might seem slow to come in. But that persons tuner might have just calibrated it that way via the various ways you can achieve this and the various reasons one may want to do this. ( I know most people already know this, however some do not) lmao and CPR you know probably more than 99% of this site.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I think 04Sleeper has a pic running around somewhere of me literally bending my car in half to a 1.37 60 ft with completely 100% stock suspension.
You mean this one?
16744881079_9e86ec29c0_b.jpg

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

doesn't negate the fact that they can still run hella fast ets?

again, my car makes torque in the 600 range, goes low 8's

CPRsm

doesn't negate the fact that they can still run hella fast ets?
Wasn't really the point. Point was he posted the wrong graph. But yes blowers can be fast. I've never said they were slow. All I've ever said it a turbo does it easier, more efficiently. And in the coyote world there apples to apples, blower can not keep up. That's why in your class turbos are limited to frame, down pipe and inducer size. And for you, just a head unit limitation. You can go back to personal attack if you're offended again, but those are just the facts.

again, my car makes torque in the 600 range, goes low 8's
Ah yes, the custom intercooler and "JT" head unit you like to bring up. Going to keep pawning it off as it's the same Paxton Everyone can buy? Or tell everyone what it really is and stop fibbing to these people? Or is it even a Paxton? Bah, you'll just skip over all this again.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Wasn't really the point. Point was he posted the wrong graph. But yes blowers can be fast. I've never said they were slow. All I've ever said it a turbo does it easier, more efficiently. And in the coyote world there apples to apples, blower can not keep up. That's why in your class turbos are limited to frame, down pipe and inducer size. And for you, just a head unit limitation. You can go back to personal attack if you're offended again, but those are just the facts.

Ah yes, the custom intercooler and "JT" head unit you like to bring up. Going to keep pawning it off as it's the same Paxton Everyone can buy? Or tell everyone what it really is and stop fibbing to these people? Or is it even a Paxton? Bah, you'll just skip over all this again.

He never said it was a basic kit, just saying he makes torque in the 600 range and runs low 8's.

There are also turbo cars that are not class restricted that make 900 plus in torque that are running about the same.

CPRsm

He never said it was a basic kit, just saying he makes torque in the 600 range and runs low 8's.
Not what it looks like here

okay, our car went 8.7's heavier than stock @ 3875lbs with the ysi, and now 8.1's with the jt @ 3400
I'm not talking about whether it's just a basic setup. He'd be faster if he "didn't have to run the baby blower" for class racing. When the above statement is false and I'm sure even you know why.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
lol,

all the cars have limiations put on them, the blowers, every type of blower, and the turbo cars,

each car is put at a specific combination

to say we cant keep up is simply ludicrous since we ran the quickest and fastest pass of any coyote modified car last year, and at heavier weight, and on the factory pcm.

and yes, it's a baby blower, there are many steps up we can go from the billet jt,

ysi, billet ysi, and that's just the belt drive blowers, gear drive there are a few steps up from there, we are down 4-5 sizes from what we plan on running come end of the season.

in the cars CM form, it made 670ft / bls of torque and went 8.17.......

Users who are viewing this thread