Opinions on turbo kits?

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Like CPR we offer everything we race to our customers.

You want our standard kit? We offer it mail order!
You want our race kit? We build it to order in house!
You want the kit off of our 2011? We build those for customers too!

and we offer our customers in depth tech help and advice for our systems with on track experience to back it up :)

- turbo coyote world head quarters

Last edited:

CPRsm

lol, always got an answer why your cars are slower.....
you never got an answer as to why anything was slower. You called us out and we accepted. Then you wanted to know what color, who's car, what tranny, etc. you ended up using the fact that the car willing to race you didn't have a 6R80. We even gave you a .5 lead. I can grab those quotes if you need a refresh.

as far as turbo kits, if you want to spend big $$, the Armageddon kit is an amazing kit we offer and will put it all over the cpr kit,
That's not surprising to hear from a vendor. Especially from someone w limited understanding of any kits capability, benefits or boost in general. The Armageddon kit will not make as much as a CPR kit and that's a fact. Nothing out there will make what an off the shelf CPR kit will make without modifying or customizing something else. Although I'm willing to listen what you think makes the product you carry more capable than ours.

Chances are you ducked answering this about the "JT" you run. But thought I'd remind you
Lol, don't lie to people. You're not running a JT to 8.1's. Care to tell the truth there?

Bud

Established Member
We need some turbo vs centri graphs to show what torque differences look like. Can always do the tq booster kit on the centri but then you are adding cost/complexity and creating more heat i'm sure. I know it has to be better than a PD blower but how many horsepowers does it take to drive a centri head unit in the 9 second range? On a stock motor would that parasitic loss be better used to drive the wheels than the blower when not wanting to push the stock engine harder than you have to?

Turbo is where it's at, just glad to see Terry selling them :)

And I need a few of those paxton stickers Dustin!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I really could care less about the torque graphs, we make less than 700 ft / lbs and are going 8.1's.....

in a track race or street race, your rarely below 6000 or so rpms..

if your goal is to go quick at mid throttle from 20004500 rpms and shift, then there you go...

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
We make over a 1000 ftlbs and go 7.5's so I mean yea torque helps.

But you see what happens is that with all that extra boost at a lower RPM that puts you infront of the car next to you. Which is what we like to call winning!

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
Originally Posted by aaron@jpcracing :

"torque is what makes you go fast, by avoiding max torque your just trying to go slow."

CPRsm

I really could care less about the torque graphs, we make less than 700 ft / lbs and are going 8.1's.....
You REALLY have to pick a side. Either torque matters or it doesn't. You can't say it doesn't matter, then turn around and post torque booster results where a car drops .5 and gains some 3-4mph. You can't say "this is all you need to go 8's" and sell so many blower upgrades. You're posts all contradict themselves. Torque doesn't matter unless you're trying to sell a torque booster. Then turbos come up, and torque doesn't matter lol

so.... armageddons car can go quicker with less power, is that what your saying?
Always trying to put words in people's mouth. What I'm telling you is you haven't seen what the kit can do. Someone finally starting to lean on one. We tried to show you in person but you back pedaled so fast I thought you were going to trip and hurt yourself. But I guarantee that times falls quickly along with your modified "kit." Speaking of which.

Just in case you missed this again.
Chances are you ducked answering this about the "JT" you run. But thought I'd remind you
Lol, don't lie to people. You're not running a JT to 8.1's. Care to tell the truth there?

In this world blowers just can't keep up unless they have the handicap. That's why the class you run restricts impeller size for turbos, and only housing size for you. So you want me to spill the beans or you want to tell the truth about what you're really running?

Brezick

Established Member
Wow, I love watching you all stroke your dicks....wait that came out wrong.

:pop: Continue.

BTW - I bought a Hellion TT kit because I dont need gods creation. I wanted something that was proven and has that WOW when you pop the hood, and for me going with a twin kit gave me that factor. Car runs perfect for me with a tune from AED. I wanted the Lund kit, but that just seems like vaporware and never really going to be released, and the Armageddon kit is overpriced.

CPRsm

HP is a byproduct of torque. It's needed to make power.

Same car, fuel, Dyno, tuner and boost level. Torque plays no role here :rollseyes

image-71.jpg

JTS_7

Established Member
Lol I feel like this thread almost mirrors threads from 2013

Turbo FTW though.

Last edited:

Famine

Established Member
I really just want an affordable, reliable, well-built, kit to push 600whp, with good Driveability, where I can put the power down, and have upgradeability for the future. Important thing I'd I want to be confident getting in the car when I want and drive across the country without having high blood pressure from worrying if I will make it or not.

Brezick

Established Member
I really just want an affordable, reliable, well-built, kit to push 600whp, with good Driveability, where I can put the power down, and have upgradeability for the future. Important thing I'd I want to be confident getting in the car when I want and drive across the country without having high blood pressure from worrying if I will make it or not.

Turbo will give you that. For example, I DD my Hellion TT car since I got it. I drove 2 hours to my mothers place and 2 hours back over the weekend. 23mpg, clean shifting, only got into boost when i decided to have a lead foot. Temps were at worst 10 degrees above ambient with 80-85 temps outside.

For Single, CPR and JPC are a toss up really, take your pick, both have pro's cons, both are perfectly fine kits.
For twins, the Hellion really available at this point well equipped for the normal folks. On3 is ok if you are good at fabricating it to fit, Armageddon is to pricey for a normal person and Fluid will never be released.

So JPC, CPR, Hellion TT. Any of those three will give you everything you want.

CPRsm

One of our customers picked his car up in San Disgo, drove to Washington state to visit family, and back home to Tennessee. About 3900 miles iirc. That was after driving 8 hrs to Sacremento, running a 10, and driving it back. Radials there, and back lol.

Another current customer has about 20k miles on his, and the car runs 9's on the stock engine. Reliable on a turbo has a lot to do with install also. Keep stuff protected and prevent chaffing and you should be able to prevent a lot of possible problems down the road.

These Borg warners have never let us down. We have had one failure. Customers Aluminator lost it's oil pump gears back when ford forgot to put the billet units in. He lost the gears, turbo lost pressure and touched down. Other than that we have never sent one back for repair of any sorts.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Hahahaha you ain't right! Good one though and usually true :/

Lol I feel like this thread almost mirrors threads from 2013

Turbo FTW though.

Was thinking the same thing....been a while since I've seen one of these.

All we need is AED Sean to complete this thread.

Cough: on3 cough:.... Well...if you want to subtract the parts about reliability and being well built.

:pop:

justinsstang

Established Member
All I'm saying is, I'll be mid 10s with this paxton with torque booster. A friend of mine locally just bought an EDP and should have it installed in the next couple months. He's not going to break 9s with a single turbo kit on a safe boost level with a manual. The numbers HAVE to be close.

We're BOTH manual cars because we both have a penis *ahem*, so we'll put this "ZOMG TURBO RAPES PAXTON EVERY TIME" bull shit to the test soon and I'll post results. I don't care about your dyno sheets. I wanted a turbo and settled for a paxton because of the single turbo guys charging twice the price and I can't say I'm unsatisfied with the result. I will however be much happier with the torque booster, I can definitely feel it lacking down low.

Unless he goes full retard and turns up the boost for our specific race and runs the block at a not "safe" limit (something I won't do) I know it will be a very close race.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
All I'm saying is, I'll be mid 10s with this paxton with torque booster. A friend of mine locally just bought an EDP and should have it installed in the next couple months. He's not going to break 9s with a single turbo kit on a safe boost level with a manual. The numbers HAVE to be close.

We're BOTH manual cars because we both have a penis *ahem*, so we'll put this "ZOMG TURBO RAPES PAXTON EVERY TIME" bull shit to the test soon and I'll post results. I don't care about your dyno sheets. I wanted a turbo and settled for a paxton because of the single turbo guys charging twice the price and I can't say I'm unsatisfied with the result. I will however be much happier with the torque booster, I can definitely feel it lacking down low.

Unless he goes full retard and turns up the boost for our specific race and runs the block at a not "safe" limit (something I won't do) I know it will be a very close race.

LOL at 10s on a Paxton car with 3.73s and mt82 even WITH the TQ booster.

Good luck with that.

Gonna take full suspension and a full slick to have a fighting chance.

Been there done that.

Last edited:

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
be sure to post video in this thread.

the results will be as we are all expecting.

i had a paxton with a wastegate. spoiler alert: I don't anymore

Users who are viewing this thread