Opinions on turbo kits?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
How on earth did you come up with over $7k for a Paxton through Beefcake!??

if you plan on staying OEM block then buy a v3 tuner, id1000s, and a tune and DONE. Can be had for just over $5k all in.

Don't do a Paxton on a stock motor that will never be built. It's too much blower and not efficient at low boost vs the V3.

If you build motor and want a 4 digit number buy turbo.

Turd Fergusen

Established Member
Not a huge difference if people add the normal nick knacks already included in our kit. Headers, mid pipe, kmember, tubular core support add up to just shy of our kit if you matched the injectors, plugs, handheld, etc even tune.

Probably a dumb question, but is the K member necessary with your kit?

Famine

Established Member
How on earth did you come up with over $7k for a Paxton through Beefcake!??

if you plan on staying OEM block then buy a v3 tuner, id1000s, and a tune and DONE. Can be had for just over $5k all in.

Don't do a Paxton on a stock motor that will never be built. It's too much blower and not efficient at low boost vs the V3.

If you build motor and want a 4 digit number buy turbo.

Simple. Selecting all the options that I consider a requirement. I would like to do everything once, not do a base and have to return down the line.

jp1seattle

Established Member
Simple. Selecting all the options that I consider a requirement. I would like to do everything once, not do a base and have to return down the line.

That doesn't include beef's forum discount.

Hit HIM up if you ever make a decision and he'll hook it up.

CPRsm

Probably a dumb question, but is the K member necessary with your kit?

Yessir. Let's the headers go down and forward, then lets the down pipes out. Keeps the heat out of the engine bay instead of running the headers up and over things. Also keeps heat in the exhaust by making the distance from exhaust valve to turbo shorter

Last edited:

Turd Fergusen

Established Member
Yessir. Let's the headers go down and forward, then lets the down pipes out. Keeps the heat out of the engine bay instead of running the headers up and over things. Also keeps heat in the exhaust by making the fistNce from exhaust valve to turbo shorter

And it needs to be the one specific to the kit?

I only ask because I've ordered the BMR rad support and eliminated the sway bay, and was debating their K member.

I've come to accept that it's easier to put the car on a diet then myself. Lol

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I sent him the list of everything. It's not that it's loud, but less fluttery. Almost every drop down box on their page, I'm selecting something.

Fair enough but fwiw, mine came with the upgraded BOV by default.

Give him a call... He might be inclined to give you a better price then what the website quotes... Trust me :)

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Anyone have any videos of the maxflow race BOV? Curious to hear how it sounds compared to the Big Red and Tial 50mm.

justinsstang

Established Member
Just an update. My friend has his EDP kit on and is working on tuning it now. I have to leave tonight for a week for vacation out of state unfortunately, but when I get back we'll see the difference between single turbo and paxton. My paxton is not waste-gated yet, so there will be before and after videos. He'll be on 7.5psi tuned by TSS, I'm on 3.6 pulley, off road X pipe, stock OTA pipes with GT500 quads. His is open wastegate.

We'll probably just do a roll race since I'm on 285/35/19 Continental DW tires. 40mph roll and a 60mph roll probably.

I expect to lose without the torque booster setup, but I'm not sure how bad. That is going to make it interesting for me being able to compare the before and after waste gate setup - both are MT82 cars.

Quad4_72

Established Member
Just an update. My friend has his EDP kit on and is working on tuning it now. I have to leave tonight for a week for vacation out of state unfortunately, but when I get back we'll see the difference between single turbo and paxton. My paxton is not waste-gated yet, so there will be before and after videos. He'll be on 7.5psi tuned by TSS, I'm on 3.6 pulley, off road X pipe, stock OTA pipes with GT500 quads. His is open wastegate.

We'll probably just do a roll race since I'm on 285/35/19 Continental DW tires. 40mph roll and a 60mph roll probably.

I expect to lose without the torque booster setup, but I'm not sure how bad. That is going to make it interesting for me being able to compare the before and after waste gate setup - both are MT82 cars.

My car is with Danny right now getting my EDP put on! I am pretty excited about it. If you can see this link, this was my inspiration to switch lol. It's me getting whooped by a turbo EDP kit on the lowest boost setting:
https://www.facebook.com/shadoe.amaya/videos/414993375371875/

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member

Seems like I need to make it down there sometime soon. You guys are about 40 mins away from me. Especially when mine is turbo'd, so I can wreck some Paxton cars.

Users who are viewing this thread