opinion...

Matt@KB

Established Member
It is very close to being released we have couple being sent out for testing should make some big numbers 1300 is definitely within the realm of what it can do. Price range not sure but shouldn't be that much more than the 3.6LC.
matt. would you say the 4.2LC is within reach yet? also i know you cant say much but can we expect 1300+rwhp capabilities with the proper built motor, cams, heads, etc? and will it be way far off price wise compared to the 3.6LC

BigDan

Established Member
For an all out "Blow out build" it HAS to be turbo's.

Just look what happens to this 4.0L Whipple and what the driver says at 2:40 in the video below. :-D

[youtube_browser]bIUy9AGThgA[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

jcveron

Established Member
It is very close to being released we have couple being sent out for testing should make some big numbers 1300 is definitely within the realm of what it can do. Price range not sure but shouldn't be that much more than the 3.6LC.

if thats the case i think i will buy one

jcveron

Established Member
For an all out "Blow out build" it HAS to be turbo's.

Just look what happens to this 4.0L Whipple and what the driver says at 2:40 in the video below. :-D

[youtube_browser]bIUy9AGThgA[/youtube_browser]

this is not even comparable. your talking 800 whp vs 1300 whp. there is no way that that 4.0 is spinning to its capabilities. if a 4.6 cobra with built motor and 2.8 can push over 800 whp then a 5.4 ford gt with a 4.0 can push way over 1000 hp. lets see both of them run the 1320. much different results you can almost guarantee

CPRsm

KB w/750 hp and TQ = 10.0/9.99

TT/SC with 900-1000 hp and tq = 9.50/9.49
Want to make it out to Tx this fall ? Shootout going on. Customer has the same setup as you. FRPP SB, GT cams, and is converting to E85. I'd like different cams in there, but what can you do ?

I would be curious to see a big blower making 1300 and it's AIT's. Some of the customer I'm talking to about switching are claiming 200+ inlets, and one even 200 with ice. These are 1000 hp cars. Matt have you guys pushed it hard enough to see any inlets, or mapped the rotors to predict the inlets ?

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Hook and Book, spinning aint winning........Tonys car is badass for sure but it takes alot more than anyone see's to make it work. I love Tony's car and he's one of a very few with the shear gumption to make it work with cost thrown to the wayside! Kudos T!

KB w/750 hp and TQ = 10.0/9.99

TT/SC with 900-1000 hp and tq = 9.50/9.49

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is my point!

STCJCK: How many people did you say have TT cars running mid 9's with a street tire and a 6 spd?

I think he is spinning and still winning, no? ;)

....I think I should have played more in the trash talk thread..... :D

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Dan - come on now...60% whp advantage...hoe the he'll else is that race gonna end.....:nonono:

VegasMichael

Established Member
At the risk of being flamed as a know-nothing newbie I'm still going to ask: Can a turbo and a supercharger be attached to the same engine?

VegasMichael

Established Member
Hmmm. I'm guessing that mating a turbo with an sc to the same engine has proven to be a lot of trouble or ineffective or not as good as tt or ts since I don't hear about people doing it.

jcveron

Established Member
Hmmm. I'm guessing that mating a turbo with an sc to the same engine has proven to be a lot of trouble or ineffective or not as good as tt or ts since I don't hear about people doing it.

more people are doing it in the 03/04 cobra world. stock eaton with twins...hellion makes a kit called the hellraiser

rdsnk46

Established Member
I think he is spinning and still winning, no? ;)

....I think I should have played more in the trash talk thread..... :D

Not on the street, at least not yet! We started in the streets in the late 80's and it still continues today. Remember the trash talk thread is mine, I started it for a reason.............

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Cool. UPR has a Mustang Dyno. Thunder has an older model Dynojet.

And Jake's Dyno, well that was your most recent run and that's the Revan Lund Motorsports Dyno at Power By the Hour. I'm just saying.

Once Jake gets the Super Snake repaired (Boss R1 Tranny) it will be going on to the same dyno so we can put all of the comparisons side by side as to dyno power. Heck, let's put both cars on the same day. Your car is for drag racing and the Super Snake is a Mile Racer. We had intended to do both but the owner of the Super Snake decided to go a single direction.

Regardless, both superchargers make power. You're on one side with Whipple and I chose Kenne Bell. As for the Ford Racing and Shelby thing well Shelby still sells Kenne Bell 2.8 and 3.6 Superchargers for Super Snakes and retail.

Sometimes its just about margin.

Can't wait to race the Supersnake on the dyno.. LOL

How about this comparison.
Our 500: [email protected] at 21psi. That's a 4" upper and 10% lower.
Supersnake: No track times. Dyno queen..:loser:

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Ok..not talking shit but....9.49 at 151 is a far cry from 9.99 at 140 ....I really don't think 150 shot is going to net Andy 10+mph and .5 seconds...Just Say'in

Oh ya..Race weight 4160lbs....also went 9.55 at 155 in the middle of the summer(in Florida).

As far as I know the compound kit works pretty well...

Most HP
KOTS 2010 Winner
Fastest 6-speed(that I know of)
Will blow the tires off at 100mph plus(cool factor)
Quiet and drives like stock.

My vote of course is compoud boost...biased HELLION YES...History shows why.

My car is back up and running...on the dyno tomorrow and hopefully at the track next Friday.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Oh ya and if you think I spent money ask Van how much is in the SS.....You could by 2 of my cars.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Ok..not talking shit but....9.49 at 151 is a far cry from 9.99 at 140 ....I really don't think 150 shot is going to net Andy 10+mph and .5 seconds...Just Say'in

Oh ya..Race weight 4160lbs....also went 9.55 at 155 in the middle of the summer(in Florida).

As far as I know the compound kit works pretty well...

Most HP
KOTS 2010 Winner
Fastest 6-speed(that I know of)
Will blow the tires off at 100mph plus(cool factor)
Quiet and drives like stock.

My vote of course is compoud boost...biased HELLION YES...History shows why.

My car is back up and running...on the dyno tomorrow and hopefully at the track next Friday.

Not talking shit, 9.99 was with 750 HP a far cry from 1100hp, I have about 125 more hp and 150 tq. I dont expect my car to go 151, I dont think I need it to go mid 9's. My goal is a 9.70 and I dont run E-85 so nitrous is my cooler. I think a 144 mph pass will be 9.70ish......... at my current low boost tune I would be really happy with my less than stock compression and 22-24 psi.

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
No, you don't sell KB because we DON'T sell to you.

Yeah.. How's that one working out for you?

When you chose not to sell to us in early 2005 we just starting out and didn't have a shop which was part of the reason why you stopped selling to us. The other reason was because we just picked up the Whipple brand and Jim didn't like that. He took out his personal issues with Whipple on a small business. I admit at that point it kind of hurt. Not really with sales as we had only sold 2-3 blowers of yours. Only our feelings as we didn't understand why a company wouldn't want to do business with us. We were new, motivated and had our game plan to take a good share of the market. Little did you know at the time what our company would grow into.

After 6 years looking back it's probably the best thing that ever happened for us. You guys couldn't pay us enough to carry your brand now. Regardless of whether you make a good supercharger or not the rest of what you offer as a business is sub par.

Tell Jim I said hi.

Van@RevanRacing

Can't wait to race the Supersnake on the dyno.. LOL

How about this comparison.
Our 500: [email protected] at 21psi. That's a 4" upper and 10% lower.
Supersnake: No track times. Dyno queen..:loser:

Hey Jared,

How about a customer that not only DRIVES HIS CAR he actually RACES his car in the standing MILE. And has accomplished more in his own car with a KENNE BELL 3.6LC than you ever will because HE DRIVES HIS OWN CAR.

As I mentioned, they are two totally different cars and the customer decided to focus on a single route. Mile Racing.

I tell you what, I'll put Andy's drag radials on the Super Snake............

I'll drive the Super Snake on the drag strip.

You drive your own car at the drag strip.

I'll show you dyno queen. Why don't you stop with the shit talk and show everybody you even know how to drive a car on a drag strip!

You know how to talk shit about someone else driving your cars the fact remains you can't drive. It's ok. You have repeatedly admitted it. Perhaps it's time to step up your game.

And you have no idea how close the Super Snake is for drag use. Watch what you ask for. As soon as the owner of the Super Snake see's this rant he's likely to call me and tell me to go for it.

So you game? You up for driving your own car against me.

Jared vs. Van

Lethal vs. Revan

Whipple vs. Kenne Bell

Call it whatever you want.

Game On!!

Users who are viewing this thread