opinion...

CPRsm

IDK why E85 wouldn't work. I would REALLY suggest doing your homework before dropping 50k on a build. HINT. I understand you want a blower and that's cool. But a fwiw for any reading IDK why people think there is more maintenance, or "lag" :bash:

rdsnk46

Established Member
Whuuuuuuu? You think the turbos are the reason any car sits ? HP breaks parts, not the power adder. I'm sure you'd be in the same boat as him if you were going .5 faster with another 300+ rwhp.

No the turbo's are not the reason it sits, the power that breaks shit is why it sits. As for the HP and ET, I have the ability to go faster with less power than most. As for needing another 300 HP to go .5 faster...........I'll do it with 100-125 hp and not break the stock clutch, stock trans hopefully! No wot box, line lock or 2 step. Just driver!:rockon:

Doesnt the Holley stuff program itself now? Auto learn! LOL! Or are you talking about a carb? HAHAHAHAHA!

KB FTMFW!

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I talked to Evolution Performance today and they did not tell me what i wanted to hear. They told me that one, you cant run e85 on the 2010 or 2011 gt500s. If you want high boost you have to run c16 race gas. also they told me that for 50k they will build a car with 950 rwhp and that over 1000 rwhp is not smart and wouldnt really work. I definately want a TS over a TT setup, not only for the maintenance reasons, but also lag, and i really like the instant torque of the TS versus rolling to 200 mph with a tt setup. let me know what you guys think about the e85 thing. as far as money, not really an issue. doesnt mean i want to over spend. and an auto is definately out of the picture. lethal, would you recommend the whipple or the KB? Evo Perform. said the KB 3.6LC is much better than the 3.4 whipple

Well, if you want to have a fast car, like an actual FAST car, you will want to go turbo with an auto. Anything else you are leaving ET and MPH on the table. If you are OK with not extracting everything out of a certain setup, then keep the 6 speed and TS.

As far as switching to E85, it's just tuning, and I know Jon Lund can tune for E85 because he tuned our car.

As far as the blower we would recommend, it would of course be Whipple as that's the only TS company we do business with because they are stand up and actually answer the phone if you need to speak with someone. Both blowers will make power, and if you optimize each setup, they will both run very fast. Ford Racing chose Whipple for a reason. Shelby switched to Whipple for a reason. :beer:

Van@RevanRacing

Our GT500 made over 1000 rwhp with a lot less boost, it also has a lot lower compression than the SS. Our car was built with race gas in mind and we switched to E85. 11:1 compression on E85 would definitely make our setup more efficient and would make more power with less boost.

Dyno Graphs off of the Lethal Facebook Page. 31 PSI MAP

This is a good discussion. I believe the Lethal GT500 has a 8:1 compression built motor. I'm not sure what the car has for cams, Ford GT? Exhaust?? Car runs on E-85. And I'm not putting the car down. Whipple 4.0 There was another dyno graph that shows 1032 RWHP and 900+ ft lbs of torque. I loaded it on this thread but it took up too much space and I didn't feel like resizing it.

The Super Snake I referred to earlier has a 9.5:1 compression motor, ported heads, Custom Grind Cams and 2" Long Tube Headers with cut outs. Cams and Headers reduce boost. Car runs on E-85. Kenne Bell 3.6LC

The Super Snake:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa00aOA5mzs"]YouTube - ‪Texas Mile Super Snake 1000hp‬‏[/nomedia]

Lethal Dyno Graphs.

All of the combinations are different but the fact remains that the Super Snake I built has the same exact compression pistons I put in my own car which are Diamond/L&M pistons with a 9.5:1 Compression ratio. I don't know that you would need to go up to 11:1 compression to make serious power.

stkjock, what compression did L&M put in your motor? What was your boost / MAP? Good comparison because I think your motor is close to that of the Lethal engine with the exception of the boost pressure and compression ratio.

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Dyno Graphs off of the Lethal Facebook Page. 31 PSI MAP

This is a good discussion. I believe the Lethal GT500 has a 8:1 compression built motor. I'm not sure what the car has for cams, Ford GT? Exhaust?? Car runs on E-85. And I'm not putting the car down. Whipple 4.0 There was another dyno graph that shows 1032 RWHP and 900+ ft lbs of torque. I loaded it on this thread but it took up too much space and I didn't feel like resizing it.

The Super Snake I referred to earlier has a 9.5:1 compression motor, ported heads, Custom Grind Cams and 2" Long Tube Headers with cut outs. Cams and Headers reduce boost. Car runs on E-85. Kenne Bell 3.6LC

The Super Snake:

YouTube - ‪Texas Mile Super Snake 1000hp‬‏

Lethal Dyno Graphs.

All of the combinations are different but the fact remains that the Super Snake I built has the same exact compression pistons I put in my own car which are Diamond/L&M pistons with a 9.5:1 Compression ratio. I don't know that you would need to go up to 11:1 compression to make serious power.

stkjock, what compression did L&M put in your motor? What was your boost / MAP? Good comparison because I think your motor is close to that of the Lethal engine with the exception of the boost pressure and compression ratio.

The 2 runs were made on 2 different dynos. The 26 psi/1100 rwhp run was on the dyno at either Thunder or UPR. The 30 psi/1030 rwhp was on Jakes dyno. That's why I like to compare track times because different dynos on different days will show different power.

For cams, we have custom grinds spec'd by Al Pappito and cut by Comp.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

The 2 runs were made on 2 different dynos. The 26 psi/1100 rwhp run was on the dyno at either Thunder or UPR. The 30 psi/1030 rwhp was on Jakes dyno. That's why I like to compare track times because different dynos on different days will show different power.

For cams, we have custom grinds spec'd by Al Pappito and cut by Comp.

Cool. UPR has a Mustang Dyno. Thunder has an older model Dynojet.

And Jake's Dyno, well that was your most recent run and that's the Revan Lund Motorsports Dyno at Power By the Hour. I'm just saying.

Once Jake gets the Super Snake repaired (Boss R1 Tranny) it will be going on to the same dyno so we can put all of the comparisons side by side as to dyno power. Heck, let's put both cars on the same day. Your car is for drag racing and the Super Snake is a Mile Racer. We had intended to do both but the owner of the Super Snake decided to go a single direction.

Regardless, both superchargers make power. You're on one side with Whipple and I chose Kenne Bell. As for the Ford Racing and Shelby thing well Shelby still sells Kenne Bell 2.8 and 3.6 Superchargers for Super Snakes and retail.

Sometimes its just about margin.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
9.5:1, Ford GT Cams, stock heads, LTs and 3" Magnaflow full exhaust:

On the L&M Dyno the tune was sandbagged as per Jon, car made 770whp at 19 psi peak, "not even trying". As I recall Jon's comments there was easily 100whp left on the table just in the timing. I've since upped the boost a tad and got a hotter file from Jon - but have not put it on a dyno to see any power difference (no real need). So this number leaves a lot on the table.

This is the only dyno .jpg I have:

780HP-LMnet.jpg

This was the "kill pull" that the car made when Chris had it:
24psi - no real change to the set up from then to now other then total boost (no 10% OD now)

dyno1.jpg

so what is the general agreement? or is there one

there isn't one. Different opinions all around. As I stated earlier - both will make good power and you'll enjoy each. :beer:

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Don't forget, the 4.2 KB will bolt to the GT500 as well ;)

I think the only real way to tell would be to swap blowers on the same car to elminate as many variables as possible. Also, I am not sure which throttlebody the SCJ uses, but that could also be a possible spot for additional variance, especially if it is still the FRPP Cobra Jet peice.

Honestly, at the power level you are talking about with either blower, I wouldn't think the difference would be huge. You will likely see more variabiity with the weather at this level than between the blowers.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
^^
The SCJ uses the whipple mono blade and "crusher" intake.

The KB uses a billet case, different rotor design(according to KB more efficient), liquid cooled and larger support bearings.

The whipple will make plenty of power, cost less I've been told great customer support and I haven't heard of anyone breaking one yet.

Fords choice for the SCJ was the 4.0 whipple. They have a relationship with whipple/eaton. Accufab racing builds and "extreme cobra jet" long block for many people drag racing and land speed racers and they use a KB. I run a KB on my street car and will be running the 4.0 on the SCJ.

You can't go wrong with either set-up. They both play tag with each other every year or two. One year it's KB year next year its whipple. Isn't competition GREAT?!?!?

Whipple makes a great product though. You can't go wrong with either. I support the products that support the racers.

Last edited:

jcveron

Established Member
im leaning more to the 3.6LC kenne bell. i just spoke with them on the phone (answered on 2nd ring!!!!!) and was told a little about the 4.2LC coming out. they couldnt release much info on it but if its like im thinking then i will probably be getting that. i have decided on a mmr1500 5.4 alum block shortblock with their stage 3 custom ground cams. im not to sure where to get the heads from. maybe modular head shop. anyone have any suggestions?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I know Michael at L&M has a built short block with some custom cams ready on the shelf if you are looking to move quickly.

CPRsm

No the turbo's are not the reason it sits, the power that breaks shit is why it sits.

Build a TT car and it will sit or be broke from the 90% of the time.......
Oh, OK, just wanted to make sure lol :poke:

As for the HP and ET, I have the ability to go faster with less power than most. As for needing another 300 HP to go .5 faster...........I'll do it with 100-125 hp and not break the stock clutch, stock trans hopefully! No wot box, line lock or 2 step. Just driver!:rockon:
Doeeeeeeet. Rule #76 No excuses, play like a champion

Doesnt the Holley stuff program itself now? Auto learn! LOL! Or are you talking about a carb? HAHAHAHAHA!

KB FTMFW!
Yeah, talking about carbs. I see guys say it all the time. The tunes don't change. Only the requirement of the engine. PS, belts are for holding pants up. TTFTMFW ;-)

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I'm with you CPR. There is no reason a TT kit would be any less reliable, aside from mkaing too much power and hurting parts. If anything, a TT is actually less stress on the motor, considering it costs 100+hp to spin the Kenne Bell/Whipple to any apreciable boost.

Thebull might only have .5 on Andy, but that is a pretty solid difference in the 9s, and the extra 20mph is probably a whole lot more fun form a roll!!!!!

TTFTMFWB!!!!! Now I just need to find a wealthy benefactor who will sponsor me so I can play with the big boys too!!! I need a 1000whp rolling burnout mobile to drive to the office!

rdsnk46

Established Member
I'm with you CPR. There is no reason a TT kit would be any less reliable, aside from mkaing too much power and hurting parts. If anything, a TT is actually less stress on the motor, considering it costs 100+hp to spin the Kenne Bell/Whipple to any apreciable boost.

Thebull might only have .5 on Andy, but that is a pretty solid difference in the 9s, and the extra 20mph is probably a whole lot more fun form a roll!!!!!

TTFTMFWB!!!!! Now I just need to find a wealthy benefactor who will sponsor me so I can play with the big boys too!!! I need a 1000whp rolling burnout mobile to drive to the office!

Hook and Book, spinning aint winning........Tonys car is badass for sure but it takes alot more than anyone see's to make it work. I love Tony's car and he's one of a very few with the shear gumption to make it work with cost thrown to the wayside! Kudos T!

KB w/750 hp and TQ = 10.0/9.99

TT/SC with 900-1000 hp and tq = 9.50/9.49

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is my point!

STCJCK: How many people did you say have TT cars running mid 9's with a street tire and a 6 spd?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
STCJCK: How many people did you say have TT cars running mid 9's with a street tire and a 6 spd?

I didn't specify. There are few guys I am friendly with that have or have had such set ups. Most have not taken them to the track. The one that did had a TT Viper - ran 9.5x @ 156 (iirc) on slicks. I know of at least 5 guys with various cars that make 1000+ on a TT set up and do not have tons of issues. Now if those guys took the cars to the strip and tried to lay a number down - would they break - IDK, I'd guess they would. However, they are mostly street cars and certainly weigh much less then a typical Shelby.

Matt@KB

Established Member
No, you don't sell KB because we DON'T sell to you. Shelby did not switch to Whipple they chose to offer it as another option for there customers. They are making a 1000HP limited edition Super Snake with the 3.6LC only.
Well, if you want to have a fast car, like an actual FAST car, you will want to go turbo with an auto. Anything else you are leaving ET and MPH on the table. If you are OK with not extracting everything out of a certain setup, then keep the 6 speed and TS.

As far as switching to E85, it's just tuning, and I know Jon Lund can tune for E85 because he tuned our car.

As far as the blower we would recommend, it would of course be Whipple as that's the only TS company we do business with because they are stand up and actually answer the phone if you need to speak with someone. Both blowers will make power, and if you optimize each setup, they will both run very fast. Ford Racing chose Whipple for a reason. Shelby switched to Whipple for a reason. :beer:

rdsnk46

Established Member
I didn't specify. There are few guys I am friendly with that have or have had such set ups. Most have not taken them to the track. The one that did had a TT Viper - ran 9.5x @ 156 (iirc) on slicks. I know of at least 5 guys with various cars that make 1000+ on a TT set up and do not have tons of issues. Now if those guys took the cars to the strip and tried to lay a number down - would they break - IDK, I'd guess they would. However, they are mostly street cars and certainly weigh much less then a typical Shelby.

Cool, make sense to me now! I think there are many great choices for making power. Maybe if Ford makes a TT GT500 in 2014 I may buy one!

Last edited:

jcveron

Established Member
No, you don't sell KB because we DON'T sell to you. Shelby did not switch to Whipple they chose to offer it as another option for there customers. They are making a 1000HP limited edition Super Snake with the 3.6LC only.

matt. would you say the 4.2LC is within reach yet? also i know you cant say much but can we expect 1300+rwhp capabilities with the proper built motor, cams, heads, etc? and will it be way far off price wise compared to the 3.6LC

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Cool, make sense to me now! I think there are many great choices for making power. Maybe if Ford makes a TT GT500 in 2014 I may buy one!

that makes 2 of us....... unless I get tired of the current one before then.........:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread