opinion...

jcveron

Established Member
for a blow out build 2011 gt500, which blower would you prefer and why?
KB 3.6LC or Whipple 4.0

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
They are both good blowers and will make silmiar power. IMO, you can't go wrong with either.

However, if I were building a 'blow out build' I'd ditch the blower and get twin turbos. .

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
Yep turbo Is way more convenient in changing boost rather than a supercharger. Boost controller does wonders best for pump gas race gas switching.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Forget about turbo's unless you have a shop that will constantly tune/tweak/repair! The kits available are far from straight forward.

Kenne Bell or Whipple = direct bolt on and tuning will not nearly be as difficult.

Van@RevanRacing

Kenne Bell FTW.

The 3.6 is more efficient and takes less engine horsepower to turn. East Coast Speed up in Rhode Island swapped a 4.0 Whipple for a 3.6 Kenne Bell on a Cobra Jet. Same exact tune. The car went faster and picked up MPH with the 3.6 Kenne Bell.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Forget about turbo's unless you have a shop that will constantly tune/tweak/repair! The kits available are far from straight forward.

Kenne Bell or Whipple = direct bolt on and tuning will not nearly be as difficult.
The caveat of his question was 'blow out build'. To me that means no budget limits.

Yes for ease a blower swap is far simpler.

@ Van is there back to back comparisons? Efficiency maps that show this difference?

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

The caveat of his question was 'blow out build'. To me tantrum means no budget limits.

@ Van is there back to back comparisons? Efficiency maps that show this difference?

I don't have access to those blower efficiency maps but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

I know of one 1000+ RWHP car with a Whipple 4.0 at 30 + lbs of boost.

I also have a Super Snake customer that I built that is a 1000+ RWHP car with a Kenne Bell 3.6 at 21 lbs of boost.

9 lbs of boost on any twin screw is a lot of boost and blower speed.

Anything over 25-26 lbs of boost and you are going be pushing the limits of the wrist pins.

rdsnk46

Established Member
The caveat of his question was 'blow out build'. To me tantrum means no budget limits.

Ask The Bull, he's gone much farther and faster than anyone with a 6 speed! He's seen it all and I've been watching him the whole way, he built his car to beat mine. He beat me when he built a custom motor, not with the stock stuff.

The Bull has a shop at his disposal 24/7/365 and thats what it takes, constant work. Your not gonna just build it and it go mid 9's........how do I know this you ask? The guy who built his car built mine pretty much side by side. Build a TT car and it will sit or be broke from the 90% of the time.......I'm a 90 percenter not 10% the proof is easy to see with my car.

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Andy - I understand, however, that doesn't mean it cannot be done without so many issues as you describe, I know of a few guys up my way (not Shelby's) that have custom twin set-ups that have much less issues than you describe.

Van - thanks for the response, FWIW when Chris had my ride the car made 967 on 24 lbs without the advantage of this killer L&M cams the SS had. Obviously we each have a bit of bias to chose one (my opinion anyway). So until I were to see some definitive proof I personally will keep an open mind about which may or may not be better.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Our GT500 made over 1000 rwhp with a lot less boost, it also has a lot lower compression than the SS. Our car was built with race gas in mind and we switched to E85. 11:1 compression on E85 would definitely make our setup more efficient and would make more power with less boost.

CPRsm

The Bull has a shop at his disposal 24/7/365 and thats what it takes, constant work. Your not gonna just build it and it go mid 9's........how do I know this you ask? The guy who built his car built mine pretty much side by side. Build a TT car and it will sit or be broke from the 90% of the time.......I'm a 90 percenter not 10% the proof is easy to see with my car.
Whuuuuuuu? You think the turbos are the reason any car sits ? HP breaks parts, not the power adder. I'm sure you'd be in the same boat as him if you were going .5 faster with another 300+ rwhp.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
But to answer the OP's original question, for all out, turbo is the way to go. Back it with an Auto and the car will be a beast.

jcveron

Established Member
I talked to Evolution Performance today and they did not tell me what i wanted to hear. They told me that one, you cant run e85 on the 2010 or 2011 gt500s. If you want high boost you have to run c16 race gas. also they told me that for 50k they will build a car with 950 rwhp and that over 1000 rwhp is not smart and wouldnt really work. I definately want a TS over a TT setup, not only for the maintenance reasons, but also lag, and i really like the instant torque of the TS versus rolling to 200 mph with a tt setup. let me know what you guys think about the e85 thing. as far as money, not really an issue. doesnt mean i want to over spend. and an auto is definately out of the picture. lethal, would you recommend the whipple or the KB? Evo Perform. said the KB 3.6LC is much better than the 3.4 whipple

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread