On3 performance Twin Turbo kit

Eric@jpc

Established Member

InKogNigRow

Established Member
I haven't read all the hoopla but had to chime in.. You know how fahking cheap it is to build a do it your own DIY turbo set up.. Guys on the turbo forums build there own junk yard fox body / ls1 car etc every day that work great..

I had an on3 fox kit I sold my meth injected vortech v1sc set up and made 65 more rwhp on 2 less psi with the same tuner.

Precision turbos / tial waste gates are great I'm sure. But horse power is horsepower.. I hope all these $9000+ kits. Get a reality check when the on3 takes over making the lund / fastlane nut swingers look like idiots for spending 1000's more for there brand name..

That's like saying Nike is better then Adidas for lawn mowing but And I'll buy a set of Walmart shoes and mow my lawn once a week in them.. And get done the same amount of time as the 100 dollar pair

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
I haven't read all the hoopla but had to chime in.. You know how fahking cheap it is to build a do it your own DIY turbo set up.. Guys on the turbo forums build there own junk yard fox body / ls1 car etc every day that work great..

I had an on3 fox kit I sold my meth injected vortech v1sc set up and made 65 more rwhp on 2 less psi with the same tuner.

Precision turbos / tial waste gates are great I'm sure. But horse power is horsepower.. I hope all these $9000+ kits. Get a reality check when the on3 takes over making the lund / fastlane nut swingers look like idiots for spending 1000's more for there brand name..

That's like saying Nike is better then Adidas for lawn mowing but And I'll buy a set of Walmart shoes and mow my lawn once a week in them.. And get done the same amount of time as the 100 dollar pair

No one is doubting the setup's ability to make power, at least not me. My doubt is in how long all the cheap hardware will last and how good the fitment will be if it is being built in some sweatshop in Mexico or SE Asia. You are obviously a guy who will be content dealing with issues along the way. I would rather spend the money once and not have to worry. Gee is that wastegate really able to handle the pressure it will see, what specs/tolerances were the turbos assembled to, what sort of testing does the manufacturer do on said turbos and gates, where is the tubing material coming from USA, or an "equivalent" Chinese alloy, and on and on?

Really? Your a pussy if you get knee and ankle problems from mowing the lawn. Guess thats why they make riding mowers, for fat asses who cant push a mower for 15 minutes.

You hit it on the head. If you are hurting yourself mowing your lawn then you are more than likely a stereotypical overweight approaching obese american.

Bud

Established Member

The Lund kit comes complete with fuel components, doesn't require a "performance maf kit" that is sold separately in the On3 kit, it comes with an Xcal and a very important feature was for the first 20 people it includes Ken/Lund flying out to you to tune your car in person, on the dyno, driving around, to make sure the tune is spot on. The Lund kit is also air-water instead of air-air. Not sure that is really required when running e85 but nice to have for packing ice in for the track.

All that considered though, 3k is still a stupid good price. It is good that multiple vendors are coming to market with products for us all to choose from. I am one of those dropping the coin on the Lund twin kit as they have got my car quick in it's current state and I like what I see in their results so far with their kit. I'd like to see somebody local here do the On3 kit as well though, more options from the aftermarket is never a bad thing.

A year from now there will be more vehicles with JPC, On3, Lund, Hellion, etc turbo kits out there with results and customer feedback then we will know the real story on how they all stack up. You can only trust a vendor so far then you have to drop the money and give it a go if nobody else out there has yet, we will learn from those people and their experience. I'm sure they will all be good kits and have their place.

Last edited:

CPRsm

Precision turbos / tial waste gates are great I'm sure. But horse power is horsepower.. I hope all these $9000+ kits. Get a reality check when the on3 takes over making the lund / fastlane nut swingers look like idiots for spending 1000's more for there brand name.
If all HP is HP, why did you ditch the blower and go turbo? You could have just pullied down and made the same power as the turbo. The turbo made more with less boost you say? If all HP was equal we'd all be running nitrous and you wouldn't have switched power adders. Idk about any reality checks. Better parts make more power w less, and have better warranties. I don't know why that fact upsets On3 customers so much.

whatwhine

Established Member
I won't push mow 1.25 acres. Including some hills. I bought a rider and I'm overweight haha.
I won't buy on3 stuff until I see quality work, dependability and good customer service. That's a setup I'll invest in. I give props to on3 for jumping into the ring with the heavyweights here. They're taking a beating from some of us, including me.
I think they're on the right path, a DIY style twin kit. But the first couple kits that have issues and it could b curtains for em.....

I also feel some of his answers/replies came off a bit rude to us, the perspective customers.
Could just be me though.

On3: keep going with this if you are really, truly confident in the components u select and kit you assemble. You've made some big arguments in here. Maybe you'll gain a customer out of me.

Just my opinion here....

on3performance

No one is doubting the setup's ability to make power, at least not me. My doubt is in how long all the cheap hardware will last and how good the fitment will be if it is being built in some sweatshop in Mexico or SE Asia. You are obviously a guy who will be content dealing with issues along the way. I would rather spend the money once and not have to worry. Gee is that wastegate really able to handle the pressure it will see, what specs/tolerances were the turbos assembled to, what sort of testing does the manufacturer do on said turbos and gates, where is the tubing material coming from USA, or an "equivalent" Chinese alloy, and on and on?

You hit it on the head. If you are hurting yourself mowing your lawn then you are more than likely a stereotypical overweight approaching obese american.

sean, if you are ever in the Ohio area, you should come take a ride in my 2v. I have daily driven this setup since 2008 and only switched the hotside to the newer forward facing, its still the same 70mm from day one and 20,000+ miles. I know you doubt it but the car runs like a top and I have yet to change out turbo, wastegate, bov. Im confident in what I sell and run it all on my cars here. There is just no reason if it works for me it will not do the same for others. I understand your concern though with all the talk online

on3performance

The Lund kit comes complete with fuel components, doesn't require a "performance maf kit" that is sold separately in the On3 kit, it comes with an Xcal and a very important feature was for the first 20 people it includes Ken/Lund flying out to you to tune your car in person, on the dyno, driving around, to make sure the tune is spot on. The Lund kit is also air-water instead of air-air. Not sure that is really required when running e85 but nice to have for packing ice in for the track.

All that considered though, 3k is still a stupid good price. It is good that multiple vendors are coming to market with products for us all to choose from. I am one of those dropping the coin on the Lund twin kit as they have got my car quick in it's current state and I like what I see in their results so far with their kit. I'd like to see somebody local here do the On3 kit as well though, more options from the aftermarket is never a bad thing.

A year from now there will be more vehicles with JPC, On3, Lund, Hellion, etc turbo kits out there with results and customer feedback then we will know the real story on how they all stack up. You can only trust a vendor so far then you have to drop the money and give it a go if nobody else out there has yet, we will learn from those people and their experience. I'm sure they will all be good kits and have their place.

The maf is not some weird element to the kit, we will sell that with the kit if you want to go with our option, same goes for injectors. As for tuning, my car is the only one with this system. I need more people to get the car installed and tuned with my tuner. Once we have 3-4 guys that bring their car in, we will have a base file as well that can go along with the kit. Im working with a few people right now on this solution to make it a one stop shop as well. Lund is a pilot and I would use that to my advantage as well in a situation like this. Downfall is that Im not a pilot and I dont tune cars, I just design the turbo kits and sell them. My iat's are well within spec and close to ambient temperature when driving around at cruising speed. Its plenty efficient and larger than almost any intercooler I have seen used. We can do an air to water if you need it and going for serious power

Like I previously mentioned, we have quite a few people lined up and also a few dealers. There will be a lot of results right out of the gate and will be fun, I cant wait.

Im doing a converter in the car this weekend hopefully and after that Im right back to the track. Ill post when Im going if anyone wants to meet me there and check it out?

on3performance

I won't push mow 1.25 acres. Including some hills. I bought a rider and I'm overweight haha.
I won't buy on3 stuff until I see quality work, dependability and good customer service. That's a setup I'll invest in. I give props to on3 for jumping into the ring with the heavyweights here. They're taking a beating from some of us, including me.
I think they're on the right path, a DIY style twin kit. But the first couple kits that have issues and it could b curtains for em.....

I also feel some of his answers/replies came off a bit rude to us, the perspective customers.
Could just be me though.

On3: keep going with this if you are really, truly confident in the components u select and kit you assemble. You've made some big arguments in here. Maybe you'll gain a customer out of me.

Just my opinion here....

Appreciate it and I wouldnt be here defending this if I was not 100%. This is by far the hardest kit to produce and install. Its a lot of work even though the stock suspension is maintained. I designed 3 GM kits in the time it took me to get this setup where I was happy. The area we have to work with is very difficult. I thought it was tricky to get the single kit designed and really once we were at a stand still on that, I thought there was no way to get the twins to fit.

A lot of hours later, I could not be happier with the setup.

Bud

Established Member
Looking forward to the track times, especially the front half. Are you going to run a 2step or anything to help find the right spot to build boost but not creep through the lights?

CPRsm

My iat's are well within spec and close to ambient temperature when driving around at cruising speed.
What was the rise on the inlet? Cruising inlet temp is useless data. So is the actual temp on a pull. Rise is where an intercoolers worth is determined. 6 psi shouldnt be too hard to keep cool on the dyno

on3performance

I dont have a log to go by personally but its very minimal. I know when my tuner was doing the street driving and trans calibrations he was logging the full pulls. Ill have to ask him, I dont want to throw out numbers as I know if Im not spot on you will grill me.

on3performance

Looking forward to the track times, especially the front half. Are you going to run a 2step or anything to help find the right spot to build boost but not creep through the lights?

Not right now, Im going to just go out with the converter upgrade for now to see what happens

Users who are viewing this thread