On3 performance Twin Turbo kit

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
sean, if you are ever in the Ohio area, you should come take a ride in my 2v. I have daily driven this setup since 2008 and only switched the hotside to the newer forward facing, its still the same 70mm from day one and 20,000+ miles. I know you doubt it but the car runs like a top and I have yet to change out turbo, wastegate, bov. Im confident in what I sell and run it all on my cars here. There is just no reason if it works for me it will not do the same for others. I understand your concern though with all the talk online

20,000 miles over 4 years, 5000/year, doesn't really seem like a daily driver. But maybe you don't have far to go. I do 15-20k/year. If I had to switch a hotside after a year I'd be pissed.

I'm still in for you to get your first sales out the door and for us to get third party opinions.

My concerns are not from what I read on the internet. They come from being cheap when I was a teenager with performance parts and also from having to deal with international manufacturers day in and day out for my job. Every day I deal with manufactures in China, Taiwan, and Mexico. I know without proper oversight, testing and material specifications, and a significant quality control effort they will try and pull stuff over on you. I issue 2-5 CAPAs per week to international vendors who do not follow our requirements and we get sent parts that are subpar. This is with companies that make millions a year from my company. A vendor making something for someone that has sales of maybe $50-100k per year and probably isn't getting factory inspections or specific requirements from you will get taken advantage of even more.

It's clear you have many potential customers that are willing to jump in. I'm at a point in life where I would rather spend the extra cash for parts I know work and have the piece of mind that it will last and handle anything I want to do. And I won't have to worry about replacing hotsides or other components after a year of use.

Last edited:

stang8psi

Established Member
20,000 miles over 4 years, 5000/year, doesn't really seem like a daily driver. But maybe you don't have far to go. I do 15-20k/year. If I had to switch a hotside after a year I'd be pissed.

I'm still in for you to get your first sales out the door and for us to get third party opinions.

My concerns are not from what I read on the internet. They come from being cheap when I was a teenager with performance parts and also from having to deal with international manufacturers day in and day out for my job. Every day I deal with manufactures in China, Taiwan, and Mexico. I know without proper oversight, testing and material specifications, and a significant quality control effort they will try and pull stuff over on you. I issue 2-5 CAPAs per week to international vendors who do not follow our requirements and we get sent parts that are subpar. This is with companies that make millions a year from my company. A vendor making something for someone that has sales of maybe $50-100k per year and probably isn't getting factory inspections or specific requirements from you will get taken advantage of even more.

It's clear you have many potential customers that are willing to jump in. I'm at a point in life where I would rather spend the extra cash for parts I know work and have the piece of mind that it will last and handle anything I want to do. And I won't have to worry about replacing hotsides or other components after a year of use.

could not have said it any better!

5bites

Established Member
I also feel some of his answers/replies came off a bit rude to us, the perspective customers.
Could just be me though.

Funny you say that. I thought the guy came off pretty good and professional considering they crap people are dishing out to him. Jpc also sounds like a straight shooter. The other turbo vender sounds like a complete idiot. No money going to that guy just based on his crappy attitude alone!

CPRsm

You can say my name, that's fine. It has always bothered some to tell the truth. Some customers are very green to turbos/boost. They'll accept that an intercooler "works" because the inlets are just above ambient while cruising. That's just misleading. They don't realize without heat created by compression of the turbo, no intercooler is even needed. I don't think I was that bad. I think if I was being a "complete idiot" I would ask him to pull his filter and measure the thrust wear on the turbo w 20,000 miles as it's probably worn out. Although most won't know of any problem until it starts leaking or grenades. Every single cheap turbo I have seen locally wore out quickly. Mine was the only to smoke. The rest had thrust worn worse than mine. I could have brought up that the dyno graph looked like it had a boost controller used. A sharp rise in boost where it comes to an exact point and levels off. That's a tell tale sign of a boost controller holding a gate closed until a pre determined boost level. I chime in on things like gates because a lot of people think it's as easy as buying a new gate. Even if the motor doesn't go, a Hg could. Or an over spun turbo that comes apart. Now at a minimum a gate, turbo and intercooler to replace the one full of turbo parts. I try to educate folks so when they call me to buy a kit, they are fully aware of the differences, and are glad to pay my price. Some think I'm an asshole for it, but I get more pm's thanking me for for the information than name calling ;)

I'm in the same boat as Sean. I've used cheap parts and I'm over it. So over cheap parts I sold about 4k worth of restoration parts for classic mustangs for 100 bucks to get them out of my shop. In over 5 years of business I have been burned by the thousands in inferior parts. If someone told me in the beginning, I would have never bought into that product line in the first place. Not called them a complete idiot. I really don't expect any thanx. The info is there for you to take or leave.

5bites

Established Member
Im not debating over whose parts or kit is the best. You may very well be the best turbo expert ever born! I'm not debating that as I know next to nothing about them honestly. It's your crappy attitude that kills it for me. No matter how great you are at what you do if your attitude stinks then so does everything you're involved with and it pushes away potential customers such as myself. I choose where my money goes based upon attitude and honesty first.

Try showing more class and professionalism and see if that doesn't help.

CPRsm

Help with what? Hell I thought was pretty honest. Blunt but honest. Sorry, there's just isn't many nice ways too put "inferior." Whenever you're the to call someone out on a forum for falsifying info, or going against the grain, you're going to look like the asshole. I've watched people do it for years and people getted burned. It's gotten very old, and it's even harder to do nice. This way is less typing. Sorry, not doing it on purpose. But folks will listen because they are facts whether I'm nice about it or not. Funny part is about a year ago I made similar statements about another product. Guy bought it out of spite of me. He had problems, got over his hate and discontent for me and asked for help. Not with a kit I made or even sold him. Explained what to look for and the side effects. After many conversations he found out, not an asshole, just blunt lol. Still talk to him on occassion. But if you buy any other kit that's fine. Start a thread about and I won't say a word. I'll still even help as I always have. Only in threads like this where folks are asking will you see my opinion. I'm as homest as they come with customer service to match. If it's seen as attitude that's not the purpose.

5bites

Established Member
I just don't think we are going to see eye to eye on this. I probably shouldn't have even brought it up in this topic despite the fact it left the rails a long time ago.

If for any reason you have a comment about what I've said I'd rather you sent send a pm and not butcher this topic any more.

The bottom line with any product though is the cream will rise to the top. The garbage will most definitely be called out too. I don't plan on getting a turbo setup right now but I will be watching to see what works and what fails.

dg98gt

Established Member
I can't wait to see the final product and results. I may buy this kit and if something is junk or breaks...who cares?? That could happen with any kit regardless of cost. I've seen blow motors, leaking superchargers from all major brands/companies regardless of cost of the kit or setup. I think this is a great cheap alternative for the guy who maybe wants a 600rwhp 5.0 on low boost that doesn't want to race every weekend. Theory and expectations are great, but I prefer real world results and the bottom line is.....there is not enough data for any twin-turbo kit for the 5.0 out to make a decision based on reliability or quality of the kit.

-Derrick

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Im not debating over whose parts or kit is the best. You may very well be the best turbo expert ever born! I'm not debating that as I know next to nothing about them honestly. It's your crappy attitude that kills it for me. No matter how great you are at what you do if your attitude stinks then so does everything you're involved with and it pushes away potential customers such as myself. I choose where my money goes based upon attitude and honesty first.

Try showing more class and professionalism and see if that doesn't help.

So you'd rather buy something from the best salesman over the guy that has the most knowledge and is upfront about every detail but maybe didn't smile enough and pat you on the back while taking your money? Nonsense and completely foolish.

I understand that no one wants to deal with an asshole, but no one in here has been one and there really hasn't been any glaring dishonesty, although there are some small details that were neglected about the setup that definitely could have been clarified. Honestly, this has been a pretty damn civil discussion thus far. Many have raised their concerns and I compliment On3 for participating in the discussion and backing up his ideas.

I've voiced all my concerns and will now just sit back and wait for 3rd party results.

Like I've said he clearly has plenty of people willing to buy, maybe they don't have money for the top notch stuff or maybe they just like using the underdog, that's fine. It is also fine for those with concerns to hightlight potential issues especially when they either work in the industry, make a living building a similar product, or have lots of relevant past experience. You should be thankful for those people highlighting concerns instead of them just saying yeah man awesome job, a cheap kit to get boost on tons of these cars.

5bites

Established Member
So you'd rather buy something from the best salesman over the guy that has the most knowledge and is upfront about every detail but maybe didn't smile enough and pat you on the back while taking your money? Nonsense and completely foolish.

I understand that no one wants to deal with an asshole, but no one in here has been one and there really hasn't been any glaring dishonesty, although there are some small details that were neglected about the setup that definitely could have been clarified. Honestly, this has been a pretty damn civil discussion thus far. Many have raised their concerns and I compliment On3 for participating in the discussion and backing up his ideas.

I've voiced all my concerns and will now just sit back and wait for 3rd party results.

Like I've said he clearly has plenty of people willing to buy, maybe they don't have money for the top notch stuff or maybe they just like using the underdog, that's fine. It is also fine for those with concerns to hightlight potential issues especially when they either work in the industry, make a living building a similar product, or have lots of relevant past experience. You should be thankful for those people highlighting concerns instead of them just saying yeah man awesome job, a cheap kit to get boost on tons of these cars.

Ok.

on3performance

I live 1 mile from work and I own 4 different mustangs that get miles put on them. Im still not sure on this 1 year thing though you mention, none of my cars have had any failures on tubing?

on3performance

cpr you act like we didnt log the iat's, I have 3 different cores here I tested with before getting it exactly where we needed. You have been on my case since I started in the turbo industry in 2008. You are always so concerned all the time about what Im doing and it just doesnt make sense.

I do not tune my cars, I dont have the logs or I would post it. On a pull on the other night from maybe 30-130 or so it was going from 13c to maybe 16~c. It just makes no sense that you act like I have no idea how the intercooler works, I just dont have the details from the logs on the dyno.

D.T.R

Established Member

Bro, do you go from thread to thread, looking and picking on posts just to start arguments? Seems like you love the whole back-and-forth arguing...

CPRsm

cpr you act like we didnt log the iat's, I have 3 different cores here I tested with before getting it exactly where we needed. You have been on my case since I started in the turbo industry in 2008. You are always so concerned all the time about what Im doing and it just doesnt make sense.

I do not tune my cars, I dont have the logs or I would post it. On a pull on the other night from maybe 30-130 or so it was going from 13c to maybe 16~c. It just makes no sense that you act like I have no idea how the intercooler works, I just dont have the details from the logs on the dyno.

I didn't make any remark about you not logging. I asked, and you gave an irrelevant answer to side step the answer. Now you mentioned rise. Not being the tuner isnt a reason not to know. Being the designer, you should know.

It's what you say, or leave out. But you always bring up the same arguement. "I follow you around." But I've been a member on those forums before you. "I have it out for you." And everytime you try it, I tell you I stuck up for you (on more than one occasion, which you already know) just like the rest in here are doing now. And I did it before anyone else did. "Let him sell his parts, if they're no good then bash away." You made ur own bed. You sold inj's under a premium name when they weren't name brand. Your kits have sealing and fitment issues. You're the one who suggests Hellions is made over seas. You make up poor excuses to deny customers their warranty. didn't create these problems for you. You did. Someone here asked a question that required an answer. You certainly weren't going to come in here and tell him about your 30 day warranty on parts were you? For all the complaining you do about what I say, not once have you been able to say anything was made up or false.

InKogNigRow

Established Member
For the record I work with some of the laziest faking Americans in the world.. Every 15 minutes they get a half hour break.. You think that's why the American made parts are 6000 more dollars then on3's I'm about Saving money could give a shit less where it's made.. Real talk^^

CPRsm

No, I don't. Where's it's made is why parts aren't of the same quality. The plant location is not why it's lower. Parts here cost more here because the companies developing parts spend money on testing. These over seas companies knock off 20 year old Garrett technology. But we do have higher tax rate, workmans comp, unemployment insurance, rent costs more, insurance, epa regulations to follow, disposal fees for EVERYTHING, Everything costs more here. Generally you get better parts though. Not always

JoeDirty

Established Member
I say let the kits do the talking...

Ive seen alot of On3 Fox body kits put out good track times...
Also have heard of some issues, but ive heard issues on almost every vendor on this site..

We will know soon enough if the kits worth it or not..

JoeDirty

Established Member
No, I don't. Where's it's made is why parts aren't of the same quality. The plant location is not why it's lower. Parts here cost more here because the companies developing parts spend money on testing. These over seas companies knock off 20 year old Garrett technology. But we do have higher tax rate, workmans comp, unemployment insurance, rent costs more, insurance, epa regulations to follow, disposal fees for EVERYTHING, Everything costs more here. Generally you get better parts though. Not always
Yep and thats a shame, you guys get stuck with all off that...

Not saying its any parts from here, but you always hear made in USA, well it might be assembled in the USA but all the parts are ordered from oversees.. I know your big welding units are like this...:fm:

Users who are viewing this thread