On3 performance Twin Turbo kit

on3performance

I didn't make any remark about you not logging. I asked, and you gave an irrelevant answer to side step the answer. Now you mentioned rise. Not being the tuner isnt a reason not to know. Being the designer, you should know.

It's what you say, or leave out. But you always bring up the same arguement. "I follow you around." But I've been a member on those forums before you. "I have it out for you." And everytime you try it, I tell you I stuck up for you (on more than one occasion, which you already know) just like the rest in here are doing now. And I did it before anyone else did. "Let him sell his parts, if they're no good then bash away." You made ur own bed. You sold inj's under a premium name when they weren't name brand. Your kits have sealing and fitment issues. You're the one who suggests Hellions is made over seas. You make up poor excuses to deny customers their warranty. didn't create these problems for you. You did. Someone here asked a question that required an answer. You certainly weren't going to come in here and tell him about your 30 day warranty on parts were you? For all the complaining you do about what I say, not once have you been able to say anything was made up or false.

If I go and just throw out the number and guess then post a few pages later the actual data, your going to go crazy calling me a liar. So I just didnt want to post till I had the details, I dont see that as a problem or even why its so important to you.

You know nothing either about the injectors, Mike invoice a set of 60 which the part number pulled up the deka's. He changed the price and that was the only invoice in the computer which that happened. I have posted 1000 times I take responsibility and we are over that. It wasn't even something I did but I will gladly take the responsibility. I have posted this time and time again

As for warranty, I post it on the site and make it clear. There are plenty of vendors out there selling the turbo systems. Im just another option and if someone doesnt agree to the terms, its great for you, then you have a chance at the business.

I just have no idea why you continue to post and try to argue with me. I respect what you do, I just dont understand why you can respect what I do. It just gets old as its been the same argument for the last 3-4 years at least

CPRsm

I really don't think you want an answer to the last paragraph. As per usual, made my point and I'll leave it at that. Anyone who chooses yours I still wish them the best of luck

acrbill

Established Member
Save the arguing until the kit is actually released. Right now I think the only twin turbo kit you can order off the shelf is the Hellion.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Bro, do you go from thread to thread, looking and picking on posts just to start arguments? Seems like you love the whole back-and-forth arguing...

Bro. No I don't go looking to argue. I was one of the first posters in this thread and my concerns have been out for everybody to read since the beginning. I don't love to argue but many people on this forum make broad sweeping statements about topics that many times are not the truth and the really don't know about. I like to provide insight for topics I have first hand experience and knowledge about. Sorry I'm not a guy who pats everybody on the back and says its ok you'll do better next time. If you're wrong you're wrong, when I'm wrong I admit it unlike many people here. Like I said earlier I've voiced all my concerns based on my job and past experience. You don't have to like it, I don't care, they are completely relevant. Again, I'm going to continue to sit back now because I've voiced all my concerns to On3. Still waiting for him to sell stuff, especially since he is using a "production kit".

D.T.R

Established Member
Bro. No I don't go looking to argue. I was one of the first posters in this thread and my concerns have been out for everybody to read since the beginning. I don't love to argue but many people on this forum make broad sweeping statements about topics that many times are not the truth and the really don't know about. I like to provide insight for topics I have first hand experience and knowledge about. Sorry I'm not a guy who pats everybody on the back and says its ok you'll do better next time. If you're wrong you're wrong, when I'm wrong I admit it unlike many people here. Like I said earlier I've voiced all my concerns based on my job and past experience. You don't have to like it, I don't care, they are completely relevant. Again, I'm going to continue to sit back now because I've voiced all my concerns to On3. Still waiting for him to sell stuff, especially since he is using a "production kit".
Well said buddy.
You like using the "pat on the back" phrase huh :lol1:

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
I haven't read all the hoopla but had to chime in.. You know how fahking cheap it is to build a do it your own DIY turbo set up.. Guys on the turbo forums build there own junk yard fox body / ls1 car etc every day that work great..

I had an on3 fox kit I sold my meth injected vortech v1sc set up and made 65 more rwhp on 2 less psi with the same tuner.

Precision turbos / tial waste gates are great I'm sure. But horse power is horsepower.. I hope all these $9000+ kits. Get a reality check when the on3 takes over making the lund / fastlane nut swingers look like idiots for spending 1000's more for there brand name..

That's like saying Nike is better then Adidas for lawn mowing but And I'll buy a set of Walmart shoes and mow my lawn once a week in them.. And get done the same amount of time as the 100 dollar pair

Quoting this so I can come back in the future and revisit...

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Turbo-Junky-523307_449386788439634_63339033_n.jpg

Last edited:

Nibblez

Established Member
***I notice above where on3 has stated someone has "been on their case" -- well man, get with the program...welcome to owning a business in the automotive industry. Maybe if you quit acting like an ass and gave people the answers they wanted instead of jerking them around you wont get nagged.***

As far as On3Performance is concerned I will NEVER give them my business again. I would never recommend dealing with this business to anyone no matter how bad they wanted a turbo kit.

I think their "customer service" department was more difficult to talk to than the federal government. Initially I ordered my kit (4.6L 4V single turbo) through JEGS and they gave me an estimated ship date, when about a week past I called JEGS back just wanting to make sure my kit was still going to arrive/ship. They couldn't tell me so they called On3Performance for me (no one answered) and left a VM to return a call to me asap about my order. I never received a call.

When I called On3 a few days later, I was told that "I ship out so many kits a day how am I supposed to know where yours is". I had my order number all ready along with the ship date I received from JEGS. When I mentioned this I was told "I don't give JEGS shipping information and I have no idea what their order number means" -- this is all coming from the owner of the business.
So finally the kit comes some 2 or 3 weeks later.

I’ll go ahead and make a bullet list to avoid boring people with the epic novel I could write about this kit.

1) The turbo is too small (.70mm on a V8)

2) There is no turbo bracket included and according to customer service you don’t need one. That’s cool right? A 40lb turbo can hold itself up.

3) No bracket for the intercooler either. Turbo and intercooler brackets had to be fabricated.

4) I got my car tuned by Big3Racing in Akron, OH by Rick (this guy is great, I don’t think I’ve ever dealt with someone more willing to help me and listen to me) who told me that my BOV and wastegate are too small and I needed to upgrade.

5) The piping was okay but we had to go out and buy donut gaskets for the ridiculous amount of leaks it had.

6) The wrong instruction booklet was sent the first time(which when you think about it, if they’re sending ALL these kits out you think they would have them pre-assembled or something). I eventually had my good friends Matt and Cody start calling and dealing with the jerks at On3 since they would hardly give me the time of day let alone the info I wanted. So they call and argue for a long time with these people (idk why On3 chose to argue about the instruction manual – it was CLEARLY the wrong one) we got the right manual on the way. Well that arrives and we have to try about 6 computers (Mac, XP, Windows 7, DVD players, Xbox, PS3, etc.) to get the damn thing to open; then had to copy it to another CD to print them out to use.

7) My car is barely making 410whp after dropping almost 2 grand on this kit. I have a fully built (forged internals) 2001 SVT Cobra (Rich and Travis on here can vouch)…they (On3) advertised I would be making well over 500whp. So consider that a ripoff.

8) There is no place for the rear O2 sensors; this has been a major annoyance on my car with tuning and all.

9) The turbo back exhaust plain and simple sounds like shit. It sounds like a Mack truck driving down the road (by far the least attractive sound ever).

10) Their logo/business name is on EVERYTHING. Thank God for wire brushes and steel wool.

If I could return this entire kit and get FULL REFUND price I would be happy. I completely regret spending money on this kit or giving my business to this company. This is not On3 doing me a favor by sending me a turbo kit or taking my phone calls -- this is ME spending MY HARD EARNED MONEY and TIME to put their product out there and advertise their name. I’d think twice before ever purchasing from these people if you’re even considering it. It will be far more money than just the kit to get it all right with the car.

This company has made me hate my car.

Last edited:

Nibblez

Established Member
8) There is no place for the rear O2 sensors; this has been a major annoyance on my car with tuning and all.

By this I mean you will need to cut the existing pipe and weld in a section of your X-pipe or make a new port for your sensor.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
:pop: i would get another tuner if i haD A 4v only making 400whp with a 70mm turbo???seen 2 valve autos shreding the 500whp mark with the same turbo!

Nibblez

Established Member
:pop: i would get another tuner if i haD A 4v only making 400whp with a 70mm turbo???seen 2 valve autos shreding the 500whp mark with the same turbo!

Are we talking about the turbo that comes with this kit or a Turbonetics/Precision turbo? Don't push the one in this kit or it will explode.

You can look up Big3Racing -- all they deal with is boosted V8s so I'm pretty sure my tune is fine. =]

brady_f

Established Member
Did I miss a tentative release date? Haven't checked this thread in about a week, however it appears the kit is available per the website...?

on3performance

***I notice above where on3 has stated someone has "been on their case" -- well man, get with the program...welcome to owning a business in the automotive industry. Maybe if you quit acting like an ass and gave people the answers they wanted instead of jerking them around you wont get nagged.***

As far as On3Performance is concerned I will NEVER give them my business again. I would never recommend dealing with this business to anyone no matter how bad they wanted a turbo kit.

I think their "customer service" department was more difficult to talk to than the federal government. Initially I ordered my kit (4.6L 4V single turbo) through JEGS and they gave me an estimated ship date, when about a week past I called JEGS back just wanting to make sure my kit was still going to arrive/ship. They couldn't tell me so they called On3Performance for me (no one answered) and left a VM to return a call to me asap about my order. I never received a call.

When I called On3 a few days later, I was told that "I ship out so many kits a day how am I supposed to know where yours is". I had my order number all ready along with the ship date I received from JEGS. When I mentioned this I was told "I don't give JEGS shipping information and I have no idea what their order number means" -- this is all coming from the owner of the business.
So finally the kit comes some 2 or 3 weeks later.

I’ll go ahead and make a bullet list to avoid boring people with the epic novel I could write about this kit.

1) The turbo is too small (.70mm on a V8)

2) There is no turbo bracket included and according to customer service you don’t need one. That’s cool right? A 40lb turbo can hold itself up.

3) No bracket for the intercooler either. Turbo and intercooler brackets had to be fabricated.

4) I got my car tuned by Big3Racing in Akron, OH by Rick (this guy is great, I don’t think I’ve ever dealt with someone more willing to help me and listen to me) who told me that my BOV and wastegate are too small and I needed to upgrade.

5) The piping was okay but we had to go out and buy donut gaskets for the ridiculous amount of leaks it had.

6) The wrong instruction booklet was sent the first time(which when you think about it, if they’re sending ALL these kits out you think they would have them pre-assembled or something). I eventually had my good friends Matt and Cody start calling and dealing with the jerks at On3 since they would hardly give me the time of day let alone the info I wanted. So they call and argue for a long time with these people (idk why On3 chose to argue about the instruction manual – it was CLEARLY the wrong one) we got the right manual on the way. Well that arrives and we have to try about 6 computers (Mac, XP, Windows 7, DVD players, Xbox, PS3, etc.) to get the damn thing to open; then had to copy it to another CD to print them out to use.

7) My car is barely making 410whp after dropping almost 2 grand on this kit. I have a fully built (forged internals) 2001 SVT Cobra (Rich and Travis on here can vouch)…they (On3) advertised I would be making well over 500whp. So consider that a ripoff.

9) The turbo back exhaust plain and simple sounds like shit. It sounds like a Mack truck driving down the road (by far the least attractive sound ever).

10) Their logo/business name is on EVERYTHING. Thank God for wire brushes and steel wool.

If I could return this entire kit and get FULL REFUND price I would be happy. I completely regret spending money on this kit or giving my business to this company. This is not On3 doing me a favor by sending me a turbo kit or taking my phone calls -- this is ME spending MY HARD EARNED MONEY and TIME to put their product out there and advertise their name. I’d think twice before ever purchasing from these people if you’re even considering it. It will be far more money than just the kit to get it all right with the car.

This company has made me hate my car.

Ok Ill try and cover each point one at a time. I do not control what Jegs tells you for shipping times, if they state something, Im assuming they have it stocked. If its shipped directly from me and ordered from me, you will get the exact answer. As for the 70mm, its not too small for your engine and there are other kits on the market selling smaller turbos. We have made great power and the 70mm does a great job. As for the turbo support, the turbo weighs in around 21lbs and it really doesnt need a support. We have one in all of our 2nd gen kits as customers have requested. I have never ran one on my personal daily driver as I wanted it to be put though the worst case senerio. Its perfectly fine and its not had any issue with cracking(or I would change it). Why were the bov/wg too small? There really isn't any larger bov's that guys even run, that makes no sense. The directions are on a simple Microsoft Word file, I have no idea why your computer wouldnt open and read the file. I will gladly put my cars on the dyno and prove to you what they make. Thats the last thing IM going to do is lie about dyno numbers. There is no reason you should have to be running your downstream o2's.

I clearly have videos of my cars on Youtube and other places where you can hear the product. I think both of my 2/4v cars sound great, chambered mufflers sound bad really on a lot of turbo cars. I run straight through design mufflers and they sound great

on3performance

I didn't make any remark about you not logging. I asked, and you gave an irrelevant answer to side step the answer. Now you mentioned rise. Not being the tuner isnt a reason not to know. Being the designer, you should know.

It's what you say, or leave out. But you always bring up the same arguement. "I follow you around." But I've been a member on those forums before you. "I have it out for you." And everytime you try it, I tell you I stuck up for you (on more than one occasion, which you already know) just like the rest in here are doing now. And I did it before anyone else did. "Let him sell his parts, if they're no good then bash away." You made ur own bed. You sold inj's under a premium name when they weren't name brand. Your kits have sealing and fitment issues. You're the one who suggests Hellions is made over seas. You make up poor excuses to deny customers their warranty. didn't create these problems for you. You did. Someone here asked a question that required an answer. You certainly weren't going to come in here and tell him about your 30 day warranty on parts were you? For all the complaining you do about what I say, not once have you been able to say anything was made up or false.

Just got an email with the data you requested.....

this is a 50-105
on3ttstreet50mphto105mphblast.png

This is on the dyno

on3ttdynoact.png

Users who are viewing this thread