OKC outlaws VS California Street Racers

Z06kila_donkey

Established Member
So all the big talk and hype about OKC coming out to California to race actually happened. The producers (of Discovery channels "Street outlaws" which depicts the OKC guys in having the fasted "Street cars" in the good ol' US of A) hand picked the cars of California and matched them to the OKC cars. Now when I was out at the actual event all the OKC guys were tubbed out on Big tire compared to California's small tire car (2 California cars were on big tire) take in mind these cars were chosen by producers. Two high 7 sec 1/4 California cars were not allowed to race that night because the producers didn't know the full specs and times of the cars. Im not making excuses be seems a little unfair, either way California was drug across that 1/8 track losing everyone of their 6 races.

Each race team was only allowed x amount of people, so the rest of "us" had to watch from the desert which wasn't bad, I eventually snuck onto the street they were filming. All I have are 5 short videos on my Instagram account and attached a link of one of the local channels on here. Enjoy

OKC>Cali

Instagram

OKC STREET OUT LAWS IS IN CA ON COMPTON SPEEDWAY - YouTube

Screamin363

Established Member
And after filming all those other races got off and the result was still the same
OKC>Cali

Filming or not. The Cali boys surely have seen an episode right? Most the cars on that list DO roll with big tires and yet Cali chose to race a big tire car.

Don't pick a fight with someone bigger and then claim he won because he was bigger...

Also really hard to get off races with 4k spectators along the streets...

So let me know the name of the fastest cars that were not allowed to race? I would like to snopes that.

Z06kila_donkey

Established Member
And after filming all those other races got off and the result was still the same
OKC>Cali

Filming or not. The Cali boys surely have seen an episode right? Most the cars on that list DO roll with big tires and yet Cali chose to race a big tire car.

Don't pick a fight with someone bigger and then claim he won because he was bigger...

Also really hard to get off races with 4k spectators along the streets...

So let me know the name of the fastest cars that were not allowed to race? I would like to snopes that.

Like I said, producers hand picked the cars. 2 cars on standby that night were Cocaine Cowboys TT FSB Mustang and Chads Nitrous BBF
Mexican Juice Lalo called out the OKC guys at SEMA with his TT LSX Mustang and nada
Its a fun show but its not real street racing, closed tracks, police blocking roads, 2-4 takes for negotiating BS 1/8 mile stretch.
And it was about 100 spectators, private event in the desert in the outskirts of LA County, only the race crews knew about, non of which was posted online.

OKC can stick to their 1/8 closed road racing, i'll keep my SoCal streets with slow cars :rockon:

Screamin363

Established Member
Do you really think that OK started racing last season... Check youtube and you can search "Cash days". It's always 1/8 mile here on the streets. Cali knew it before the call out.

Don't get me wrong, Cali has some nice cars but sounds like if more calls had been made to racers instead of spectators it would have gone better for them.

Kinda hard to unload a car quick with 1-2,000 ppl taking video.

Props to the Cali cars that showed.

Just one more comment.... If you think a "High 7" car was omitted or eliminated for being fast then you have no idea how fast the Sonoma or Murder Nova really are. No disrespect just truth.

Cobra03Mach1

Established Member
Just how fast are they? Roughly.

So fast, even the owners don't know!!!! Lol. I would guess somewhere in the 7sec range also on a well prepped track not on the street. I bet none of those cars are running at full potential on that street. That's not a good street for that fast of cars.

flattrack53

Established Member
All TV show's are staged unfortunately.. My brother learned that while being on Speedvision's tv show called Car Warriors.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Which is why I dislike reality shows. Too much is scripted. :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread