OKC outlaws VS California Street Racers

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Discovery pays the OKC boys a small salary for the show, obviously, which keeps their cars up to par to film new episodes, and to keep them out of trouble.

Of course it's going to be scripted so the drama pulls in idiots outside of the car world into thinking it's actually real. That's how a show continues.

The only good thing about Street Outlaws is the fact that BoostedGT gets to showcase his badass Banana. :burnout:

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
If you're going to drag race, why not just take it to a drag strip? The guys on the show act like morons and it obviously has that reality show drama bull shit touch to it too.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
If you're going to drag race, why not just take it to a drag strip? The guys on the show act like morons and it obviously has that reality show drama bull shit touch to it too.

i agree with taking it to the track. that is what i do. i still find the show entertaining though and informative. it is not easy to get a car to do a wheelie on the street....

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
i agree with taking it to the track. that is what i do. i still find the show entertaining though and informative. it is not easy to get a car to do a wheelie on the street....

Agreed. Not that I agree with racing 1000+ wrhp 1/8mile cars on the back roads of bfe. (Track makes 1000 times more sense) but at least there not roll racing express ways.

Poppacapp

Established Member
These races DO NOT happen on open roads driven by the public at the same time they are filming. The production company would incur WAYY too much liability not to mention the illegal nature of it. Plus, you think they set this race up.. go to the spot, race real quick and get out before the cops come? No.. they have to setup the lighting, cameras etc. These are closed roads, and/or airstrips.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
That's why I don't bother watching ANY TV show that claims to be showing "street racing"

It's all Jaw, Jaw, Jaw and not much real, no BS heads up racing.

Got a car?

Want to see if you can beat your friend, ex wife's new husband, or Pro racer that "doesn't want to say how fast his car is?

Take both cars to a real track with decent prep and run heads up against a tree.

Spike TV used to air this street racing video years ago....

Fast cars. Hot women. Police pursuits. High-speed stunts that don't always go as planned. Crashes. Accidents. Reckless. Dangerous. Stupid. LL Cool J.

WARNING: This clip/trailer contains scenes that entail the reckless endangerment of the lives of people other than the driver. Ifilm neither condones nor encourages this sort of illegal behavior.

Forget those so-called "reality shows" where producers manipulate auditioned wannabes. In 2Fast2Real II, the cast consists of everyday people with a passion for burning up asphalt at 150 mph. For them, it isn't about 15 minutes of fame -- it's about having the fastest car and the sharpest skills behind the wheel.

2Fast2Real II - Trailer | Free Video Clips | SPIKE

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
Spike TV used to air this street racing video years ago....

Fast cars. Hot women. Police pursuits. High-speed stunts that don't always go as planned. Crashes. Accidents. Reckless. Dangerous. Stupid. LL Cool J.

WARNING: This clip/trailer contains scenes that entail the reckless endangerment of the lives of people other than the driver. Ifilm neither condones nor encourages this sort of illegal behavior.

Forget those so-called "reality shows" where producers manipulate auditioned wannabes. In 2Fast2Real II, the cast consists of everyday people with a passion for burning up asphalt at 150 mph. For them, it isn't about 15 minutes of fame -- it's about having the fastest car and the sharpest skills behind the wheel.

2Fast2Real II - Trailer | Free Video Clips | SPIKE

hot chick is hot!

lol @ racing dump trucks!

heypal

What? Where am I?
Established Member
These races DO NOT happen on open roads driven by the public at the same time they are filming. The production company would incur WAYY too much liability not to mention the illegal nature of it. Plus, you think they set this race up.. go to the spot, race real quick and get out before the cops come? No.. they have to setup the lighting, cameras etc. These are closed roads, and/or airstrips.

When they came out here to Cali they used public roads.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I'm not a fan of that show. They all have bad ass cars, no doubt about it... but they aren't street cars. If you have to trailer it around everywhere, it's not one. I give the farm truck credit, but it's too scripted. I'm sure the guys in OKC once had a good thing and actually did "street race", but it's too scripted and played out.. and of course the producers won't let the OKC guys get their asses handed to them by anyone else.

Last edited:

Screamin363

Established Member
I have raced farm truck and beat him. It was probably a mid 10sec truck then(yes it was at the track). There is no way it runs 8's. on the bottle it prob is a mid 9 sec truck.

The LMR boys did get a real life smack. Cops got called and there was actually more drama that night than Discovery actually showed.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I have raced farm truck and beat him. It was probably a mid 10sec truck then(yes it was at the track). There is no way it runs 8's. on the bottle it prob is a mid 9 sec truck.

The LMR boys did get a real life smack. Cops got called and there was actually more drama that night than Discovery actually showed.

Serves them right because they made themselves look like total idiots. Lol

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Please quit saying street cars. lol
On the show they say "street raced cars" for a reason. In no way is anyone implying that the cars go on cruise nights and run down to wally world (excluding farm truck)

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member

I'm pretty sure discovery knows what they are doing when it comes to filming stuff that is normally illegal. Most of the time the big races happen they actually have paid officers on site for crowd control and traffic closures on the roads. I think OKC just wants a bigger cut of the $$ pie.

Users who are viewing this thread