OKC outlaws VS California Street Racers

oldmodman

Established Member
That's why I don't bother watching ANY TV show that claims to be showing "street racing"

It's all Jaw, Jaw, Jaw and not much real, no BS heads up racing.

Got a car?

Want to see if you can beat your friend, ex wife's new husband, or Pro racer that "doesn't want to say how fast his car is?

Take both cars to a real track with decent prep and run heads up against a tree.

flattrack53

Established Member
I had figured a good deal of that show was scripted and the drama was contrived...Did they really work on the builds and how long did they take?

My brother and "his team" had 24 hours to do a build. They really did do it in that time period... But they would short teams with parts and give wrong parts. Also when they used materials like paint, they had to make sure the label was facing the camera so the sponsor would be shown.. If not, they would have to start again. All of the tools you see in the background were not able to be used as it was filmed on a parking lot under a huge tent. They tried making the teams argue back and forth to create drama.

The only good thing my brother said about the show was the food... They had every type of food and drinks you could imagine, but other then that it was awful.

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Enjoyed every minute of these cali street racers getting drug down the 1/8th, real or not, paid off or not, cali bit off more than they could chew, i knew they wouldnt hang instead looked like a bunch of noobs lol Back to 135th with you :burn:

Last edited:

Grabber07'

Established Member
OKC Cars are setup for the 1/8...everyone knows that. WHY? Because these cars are going 150+ by that time and it is pretty dangerous going any faster than that on a public road...closed off or not.

These guys race every weekend, they dont film 52 episodes....so when they are not filming they are still racing. Cars are legit and so is the racing on and off camera.

Sure on camera the roads are blocked off for safety, BUT the racing is 100% real and so are the ass whoopins :)

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
So my question is how do all these people just gather in the street and no cops come? this is a obvious notorious street racing road, so its odd to me a patrol man isnt camped out there a lot or at least in route when they get a call. . . . .

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Farm Truck ran a 10.7 @ 125 mph in the 1/4 at a real track. do a search on youtube to watch the vid. this will give you a reference point for how fast these cars on the list are going....

hammerhead2

Established Member
So my question is how do all these people just gather in the street and no cops come? this is a obvious notorious street racing road, so its odd to me a patrol man isnt camped out there a lot or at least in route when they get a call. . . . .

The show's racing is done on a closed road with police consent and presence. Real races but the rest of the show is staged like any reality show.

Farm Truck ran a 10.7 @ 125 mph in the 1/4 at a real track. do a search on youtube to watch the vid. this will give you a reference point for how fast these cars on the list are going....

Farm Truck is by far the slowest vehicle. The majority of that list is between low 5 sec and high 4 second 1/8 mile times. That's very low 8s to deep 7s in the 1/4 mile.

Last edited:

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
The show is racing is done on a closed road with police consent and presence. Real races but the rest of the show is staged like any reality show.

No, not the "shows" Im talking about the hundreds of videos on youtube on this same street. Again odd to me that a notorious street for racing in a big city is not shut down more often. When these people have time to heat the road up, do burnouts then go down the road for a pass and no cops show up lol, strange very strange especially at 2 or 3 a.m. when you can hear these cars from a ways away. Would be cool to have places like that here but they would be closed almost the same day as someone would start to do something like this. Perhaps it is the budget cuts in Cali which lack the amount of police on patrol and they cannot be every where at one and the domestic house calls/shooting/robberies take an obvious take the cake first rather than camping out on this road...

mach1girl6

KCCO
Established Member
I'm not a huge fan of the show.. but being from Oklahoma and growing up in Oklahoma City is it kind of neat to have a show based out of my hometown. Not to mention the guy that rebuilt my motor is buddies with a bunch of them.

405!

Also, I have no idea where they do their street racing at. Everytime I were to take my car out in OKC with my fellow car buddies it would always get shut down by the cops. Unless you go out to BFE say in Yukon or Mustang (outskirts of OKC) which is where a lot of those guys are from. Also in the show they show a lot of Tahoe City Cops.. yeah OKC doesn't have hardly any Tahoe cops that I have ever seen. They are all either Crown Vics or the new Taurus. So my thought was that they got fake cop cars... but idk!

Last edited:

TheHitman™

Established Member
No, not the "shows" Im talking about the hundreds of videos on youtube on this same street. Again odd to me that a notorious street for racing in a big city is not shut down more often. When these people have time to heat the road up, do burnouts then go down the road for a pass and no cops show up lol, strange very strange especially at 2 or 3 a.m. when you can hear these cars from a ways away. Would be cool to have places like that here but they would be closed almost the same day as someone would start to do something like this. Perhaps it is the budget cuts in Cali which lack the amount of police on patrol and they cannot be every where at one and the domestic house calls/shooting/robberies take an obvious take the cake first rather than camping out on this road...

Dude those races happen in the middle of Compton. With the amount of murders, robberies and turf wars that go on during a street race which one do you think the LAPD is going to prioritize on?

Screamin363

Established Member
I'm not a huge fan of the show.. but being from Oklahoma and growing up in Oklahoma City is it kind of neat to have a show based out of my hometown. Not to mention the guy that rebuilt my motor is buddies with a bunch of them.

405!

Also, I have no idea where they do their street racing at. Everytime I were to take my car out in OKC with my fellow car buddies it would always get shut down by the cops. Unless you go out to BFE say in Yukon or Mustang (outskirts of OKC) which is where a lot of those guys are from. Also in the show they show a lot of Tahoe City Cops.. yeah OKC doesn't have hardly any Tahoe cops that I have ever seen. They are all either Crown Vics or the new Taurus. So my thought was that they got fake cop cars... but idk!

The tahoes are unmarked so you probably drive right by them while applying your makeup.

The heat has been turned up a lot after the first season. So it's hard to even do a late night dyno session without a cop showing up at the shop to see what is going on.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

405!

My family is from that area too!OKC, Purcell, Norman, Wayne, Noble area...Have a good buddy in Mustang as well.

I really don't care for the show, kind of paints okies in a bad light...I feel like the production crew tries to portray them as dumb hayseeds.

mach1girl6

KCCO
Established Member
The tahoes are unmarked so you probably drive right by them while applying your makeup.

The heat has been turned up a lot after the first season. So it's hard to even do a late night dyno session without a cop showing up at the shop to see what is going on.

hmm I think that was meant to be a rude comment towards me but I'll just ignore it.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
show is terrible and all the hype surrounding it is just as awful

yes its cool to see a tv show about fast cars, just wish it wasn't so over the top fake

Users who are viewing this thread