okay, back by excessive pleading we are offering a RACE handle for the new shifter>>>

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
hey guys,

well with the new shifter design i changed about a year ago the orange handle is actually as short as the old blue handle but has better reach than the red. so i figured why offer a short stubby handle that only appeals to a small percentage of hard core guys that do not care about ergonomics but just want the absolute shortest extreme feel.

soooooo.....

i made an even shorter handle that we will now offer . i am not going to anodize them as it is strictly cosmetic for when we had the old red and blue to distinguish so they will come in raw billet. all business no bling as one member said ;-)

here are a few pics...

compared to the orange handle which again is as short as the old blue handle was already.

mgwrace1.jpg

mgwrace2.jpg

if anybody wants one before i get them on the site just call up peggy or julie or nikki and you can get one shipped by tuesday of next week.

price 29.00

regards
george

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
LOL. Good deal. This will really help those that originally got the red handle and now wish they had picked up the Blue in addition. BTW, the polished look is very sick. :rockon:

-Jeff

TRBO VNM

is this new handle the same as the blue or shorter than the blue? I have the blue and love it, but I wouldn't mind picking up this one if it is shorter. I know you mention the orange is like the blue, but visually didn't appear so.

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
TRBO VNM said:
is this new handle the same as the blue or shorter than the blue? I have the blue and love it, but I wouldn't mind picking up this one if it is shorter. I know you mention the orange is like the blue, but visually didn't appear so.

the reason the orange handle is as short as the blue was is due to the SHIFTER itself changing. if you put the new orange handle on your older shifter design it basically would work just like the old red handle did because the old shifter was taller not just the handle. so no this new handle will not be any shorter on the ORIGINAL shifter design than the blue. but will be shorter on the new shifter.

regards
george

2003 Silver

Banned
Ya lost me George....did you redesign your shifter since it first came out?? I have the red and blue handles and one of your first shifters....how much for an orange handle?? My understanding from your post is that I would only benefit from the orange with the added reach and the height would be equal to the red...did I understand that correctly??

Thanks,
Mick

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
1268Melberger said:
Ya lost me George....did you redesign your shifter since it first came out?? I have the red and blue handles and one of your first shifters....how much for an orange handle?? My understanding from your post is that I would only benefit from the orange with the added reach and the height would be equal to the red...did I understand that correctly??

Thanks,
Mick

you are abnsolutely correct. the older shifter had a 1/2 taller center shaft. that was also the difference in the height of the red and blue handles.

when i changed the shifter last year i lowered the center shaft 1/2 inch so the orange handle being the same height as the old red makes it actually sit as low as the old shifter with the BLUE handle. if you put an orange handle on your older shifter it would be the same height as the red but better reach due to the 10 degree offset.

this new race handle would be the same as putting a blue handle on your shifter but also with a little better reach due to the offset of the rod. so even if you have an older shifter, these 2 handle options do offer SOME advantage if needed.

regards
george

2003 Silver

Banned
MGW said:
you are abnsolutely correct. the older shifter had a 1/2 taller center shaft. that was also the difference in the height of the red and blue handles.

when i changed the shifter last year i lowered the center shaft 1/2 inch so the orange handle being the same height as the old red makes it actually sit as low as the old shifter with the BLUE handle. if you put an orange handle on your older shifter it would be the same height as the red but better reach due to the 10 degree offset.

this new race handle would be the same as putting a blue handle on your shifter but also with a little better reach due to the offset of the rod. so even if you have an older shifter, these 2 handle options do offer SOME advantage if needed.

regards
george

Thanks George....just ordered an orange one!

04torchred

Established Member
Ah the 10 degree angle explains it now. I seen a guys 04 vert with an MGW and it looked alot different then my MGW shifter. It seemed to be angled back more towards the driver. The pictures made it make sense to me why now. Mine sits more straight up. I love the shifter though, great product. Might have to buy an orange handle later.

RJCobra

Established Member
So the current orange handle will fit on the older version of the shifter, and give a better reach than the red handle?

GA Terminator

Established Member
Sorry But I am confused, don't mean to be. I have one of the original shifters, with the red and blue handles. If I understand correctly (or maybe not) The orange handle will give me a little better reach with the throws the same as the blue, the satin is for max short throws.

2003 Silver

Banned
GA Terminator said:
Sorry But I am confused, don't mean to be. I have one of the original shifters, with the red and blue handles. If I understand correctly (or maybe not) The orange handle will give me a little better reach with the throws the same as the blue, the satin is for max short throws.

The orange handle will be the same height as the red one you have, but will have a better reach due to the 10 degree backwards angle.

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
I just ordered a MGW shifter today, the stock one sucks. I'm 5'7 and nearly have to lean forwards to shift into 3,5,and reverse and the 2-3 shift is horrible. I was going to order a Pro 5.0 till I did some searching here ( I had a Pro 5.0 in my 85 Capri and was very happy) I was suprised to find out there was something better. (and for less money) I took the stock handle out and bent it to my likeing till the MGW arrives.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great option George. MGW comes through again! And great explanations detailing the differences between the handles.

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
Wow, that really looks like a nice piece. Does anyone know how hard and long it would take to swap out handels? Does anyone have both handels, like one for the street and track. Thanks.

2003 Silver

Banned
Hey George...received the orange handle today and it seems too big for my first run shifter. Does it attach like the original handles (red,blue) with the locking nut on top or just by tightening the bolts on the side. If it does attach by just tightening the bolts it does APPEAR to sit higher than the red handle...does that seem right or is it an optical illusion due to the 10 degree rear sweep??

Thanks,
Mick

Users who are viewing this thread