OK do yo use the Motorcraft FL820S or the 500S oil filter?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Also I see people are saying the 820 gasket is a little funky on the fit on the 11-14's and you should tighten it a bit more, any truth?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Also I see people are saying the 820 gasket is a little funky on the fit on the 11-14's and you should tighten it a bit more, any truth?

I have never done anything more than handtight, no problems with the 820S on mine. I do lube the gasket with a thin layer of oil and usually have gloves on for more grip when putting a new filter on.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Just order CM-6731-FL820 off of Amazon for my next oil change. Got it for $21.00 with tax. (2016 GT/PP)

Beernuts

Established Member
I've always used the 500S and oil analysis says its working just fine:

"Wear metals not only compare well to past samples, but also look great compared to universal averages, and that's just icing on the cake.

You're obviously taking good care of this 5.0L. The TBN is 4.4, showing lots of active additive for a longer oil run should you ever desire. As you know, 1.0 or less is considered low.

Low insolubles and silicon show excellent oil and air filtration and there's no coolant or fuel to worry about."

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I have never done anything more than handtight, no problems with the 820S on mine. I do lube the gasket with a thin layer of oil and usually have gloves on for more grip when putting a new filter on.

I put the gaskets of both the 820 and 500 on top of each other at the store today, the circumference of the 820 is about a millimeter wider on one side when it's fully flush on the other. It doesn't look like it would be a issue.
The 820 cannister is a good bit longer too.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Most of us change oil too often anyway. So going with one filter over another or even most oil over another doesn't really matter.

Send your oil in for analysis and see. Your NOT going to see any significant difference.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That's all you got for us SID? Come on man your one of the resident oil "GO TO GUYS"? SO 820? And NO I'm not putting an Amsoil one on, haha!

I didn't notice any difference either way. The only real difference I see is the bypass pressure, and I would prefer the higher of the two for better filtering results. Who knows if aftermarket filters even keep the same values?

Users who are viewing this thread