Official Terminator Diecast Thread

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Unfortunately that's correct. The downside to having cool paint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yeah, you're right Bob. That's how it goes. When you want to play you have to pay LOL.

I'd be very interested if you did one in Oxford White ;).

Okay SJ. I'll keep you posted on the status of the other car once I receive it. Not sure how long it will be as I need to finish this one first and then start all over again with the next one.

Black2010

Established Member
Bummer but understandable. I wonder what is so special about their MC paint vs the paint that companies like this - https://touchupdirect.com/shop/touch-up-paint/ford-mystichrome-metallic-g6-m7099/

I actually thought it would be closer to $50 for the paint and forgot those models were going for so much these days so now my offer (knowing paint cost now) sounds even more like me being a cheap dick :-(

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I dont know anything about that touch up direct. But I want to say some place used to have it by the gallon on ebay and I believe it was like $2k per gallon.

Nevermind found it. Have heard good thing about this place matching rather well also.
http://www.automotivetouchup.com/choosecolor/buypaint.aspx
Have you ordered from them before? I tried ordering some aerosol MC before. They ended up refunding my money because they couldn't do it.

jrichber

browser
Established Member
Have you ordered from them before? I tried ordering some aerosol MC before. They ended up refunding my money because they couldn't do it.

I have not, I know some other members on here have in the past though. That is where I heard about the company from. I wonder if they are just not able to anymore. That would be too bad.

With that being said though, most local parts store that mix up paint should be able to put some in an aerosol can for you.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Bummer but understandable. I wonder what is so special about their MC paint vs the paint that companies like this sell - https://touchupdirect.com/shop/touch-up-paint/ford-mystichrome-metallic-g6-m7099/

I actually thought it would be closer to $50 for the pain and forgot those models were going for so much these days so now my offer 9knowing paint cost now) sounds even more like me being a cheap dick :-(

I dont know anything about that touch up direct. But I want to say some place used to have it by the gallon on ebay and I believe it was like $2k per gallon.

Nevermind found it. Have heard good thing about this place matching rather well also.
http://www.automotivetouchup.com/choosecolor/buypaint.aspx

Thanks for the links guys. I'll keep looking. If I can find a full pint for around $200 I might go for it. I think in the end I can break even at that price.

No worries Black2010. I think your offer was in the ball park. it's just the cost of the color that threw everything off. Not your fault the paint is so expensive.

I think part of it is the fact that the paint may be a little difficult to make, but I think it is more of a deterrent to keep others from painting their car that color thus keeping it more unique.

I know Skitzerman has a diecast painted MC. I wonder what paint he used and where he got it from?????

jrichber

browser
Established Member

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I found this old thread. Lots of cool diecast Cobra's in there. A guy by the name of Huff035 used to do some great work on these.

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/new-maisto-terminator.825394/

I did some research and it looks like these are the colors produced by Maisto:

Coupe:
TR
BLK
DSG
SB

Convertible:
RF
SM
SY
SB
Colors f.JPG

Some other's I've seen, but they are probably customs.
Colors c.JPG
Colors g.JPG

White coupe is probably a custom.
Colors.JPG

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I believe the SB ones are one of the rarer ones? Correct? Maisto even make these anymore? I'm guessing not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I was able to make my decals. However, I had to make the Cobra's black so they would stand out. Also, since I made them on clear paper the orange comes through. I think it looks cool as they match the car, but I'm on the fence as they look custom, not original.

These are under the clear and not coming off....

CO Clear d.JPG
CO Clear e.JPG
CO Clear f.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread