Official Terminator Diecast Thread

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I wanted an OW one and as far as I can tell they never made one that color. I bought a car off ebay and by the time I bought replacement emblems, emblem glue, OW paint and other supplies I had well over $75 in it. If I had labor in and shipping id need at least $200 to try to sell one.

Thank you for posting this cj. A lot of people really do not realize how much it costs for materials to do this. Then "if" you factor in labor it can become expensive to do something like this.

However, I'm not really doing this to make money. I have an extra diecast Cobra and I planned on painting it anyway. I was just wondering what a group consensus here would be on color choice. I think OW is a viable option. I just didn't list it as I thought the more "exotic" colors would be more desirable.

Also, I do have the ability to make the decals for this model. So, it should have the "snake" and "SVT" logos on it when I'm done.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
I normally take the car completely apart and then strip it down to bare metal.

As mentioned earlier I'll post pictures of the last diecast I did so you guys can get an idea of my skill level or lack there of lol.

OH wow, ok that is a level above. I didn't know you would be able to take the car apart and strip it down enough to be able to do that

93VORTECH

Established Member
Thank you for posting this cj. A lot of people really do not realize how much it costs for materials to do this. Then "if" you factor in labor it can become expensive to do something like this.

However, I'm not really doing this to make money. I have an extra diecast Cobra and I planned on painting it anyway. I was just wondering what a group consensus here would be on color choice. I think OW is a viable option. I just didn't list it as I thought the more "exotic" colors would be more desirable.

Also, I do have the ability to make the decals for this model. So, it should have the "snake" and "SVT" logos on it when I'm done.

I'd be very interested in a couple of decal sets. I plan on doing a few of these cars too as a hobby. Are you willing to make a few extra sets of the decals, snakes, and logos and if so how much money? Thanks

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I'd be very interested in a couple of decal sets. I plan on doing a few of these cars too as a hobby. Are you willing to make a few extra sets of the decals, snakes, and logos and if so how much money? Thanks

Let me do some experimenting on these first 93. I can print on clear decal paper or white decal paper for use on dark colored cars. Clear paper on light color cars (i.e. white and silver) comes out nice. Darker colors are a little more difficult.

Let me get this one done first and based on how it comes out we can go from there.

Here is an example. I used my decal maker to make the snake in black and I put it on my calipers and blower belt cover. Then I clear coated over it. Black on silver comes out great. Don't know how great it would have been if it were a silver snake on black parts.
Vert 45 a1.jpg
Vert 49 a.jpg

Last edited:

93VORTECH

Established Member
Let me do some experimenting on these first 93. I can print on clear decal paper or white decal paper for use on dark colored cars. Clear paper on light color cars (i.e. white and silver) comes out nice. Darker colors are a little more difficult.

Let me get this one done first and based on how it comes out we can go from there.

Ok cool. Thanks man

Black2010

Established Member
I voted for MC but will just say that you should really just do colors that can't be bought standard.

I would like to say I'm a buyer but my days of paying a couple hundred for a model car are behind me. if it winds up being more reasonable I'd be a potential buyer for a MC one. I've been thinking of doing the same as what you are doing but the inability for me to make the decals is my stopping point. If you do make some decals to share let me know as I'd be interested.

cj428mach

Established Member
http://www.hobbylinc.com/model-car-...t-rmx-plastic-model-accessory-1:25-scale-2153

These are the emblem sets that a member here use to sell. The only problem is you have to figure out how to do the rear brake light. If you can get true decals they'd be easier to install but the metal emblems look better.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Damn those decals and on the calipers and cage are wicked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay. Here is the Cobra I did to match my car. I changed the wing to match my Roush spoiler at the time and I added Cobra R wheels as they are similar to my Roush wheels. I did NOT make the emblems for this car but I might during this project.

The checker pattern on this car is a decal and it's under the clear coat.

S4300025.JPG
S4300028.JPG
S4300029.JPG
S4300031.JPG

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Okay. Here is the Cobra I did to match my car. I changed the wing to match my Roush spoiler at the time and I added Cobra R wheels as they are similar to my Roush wheels. I did NOT make the emblems for this car but I might during this project.

The checker pattern on this car is a decal and it's under the clear coat.

View attachment 90485 View attachment 90486 View attachment 90487 View attachment 90488
Need to lower that thing. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I voted for SB because it will probably make you the most money when you go to sell it but Maisto already make a SB so I would like to see CO. A color that Maisto doesn't make.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I voted for SB because it will probably make you the most money when you go to sell it but Maisto already make a SB so I would like to see CO. A color that Maisto doesn't make.

I agree with you Paul. A lot of people like SB, but I did notice one on eBay in convertible form. Problem is a lot of people who own the SB think they are worth an arm and a leg.

I think a color they don't make might be pretty cool. Which is why I threw Teal up as an option. I'm open to MC or CO. However, the poll says SB LOL.

Looks good! Nice job painting it Glenn.

Thank you brother. I worked hard on that one. Getting the checkers just right was a bit of a challenge. Also, the black pin stripe in between the red and silver was no easy task.

ckelly88881

Hey All,

I have recently purchased a 1/18 scale 03 Cobra convertible. It is silver metallic and I have realized that I have an extra one.

I want to paint it and then sell it on eBay. So, I'm wondering what color I should paint it that "may" open the auction up to the most amount of possible customers.

Therefore, if you wanted this diecast car, what color would you prefer it to be?
View attachment 90465 View attachment 90466 View attachment 90467

NOTE: I do not have a box for this, so it will be just the car......
What are you asking for it?

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
What are you asking for it?

I really have not thought about it yet. It depends on several factors. First is color as the paint I use may or may not be expensive. Second, are emblems and how they come out and lastly will be over all finish.

The car itself cost me $50. So, the other factors will determine final price.

Also, if no one here want's it then I "MAY" put it up on eBay (if I don't want it LOL) and see what the final bid will be.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay got some work done this weekend. The car posted in the first post is mine. Below is the project car. In the pictures you can see the spoiler is missing (but I have an extra since I did not use it on my checkered diecast), the side view mirrors are scuffed up and the hood and bumpers have marks.

Vert side.JPG
Vert top.JPG
Vert front.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread