Official Terminator Diecast Thread

cj428mach

Established Member
How did you paint the small plastic parts? I know on my rear spoiler I had to repaint it once as the force from the aerosol can was able to blow it off my paper. Naturally it didn't land face up, it landed face down in the dirt.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
How did you paint the small plastic parts? I know on my rear spoiler I had to repaint it once as the force from the aerosol can was able to blow it off my paper. Naturally it didn't land face up, it landed face down in the dirt.

I've experienced the same thing. What I do now is I roll some tape and place it on the top of a rattle can cap. I then place the spoiler and bumper on one cap each. This allows the spoiler to sit on the cap as if it were on top of the car thus giving me full access to ensure full coverage without blowing it away.

Same holds true for the bumper. By using the tape and cap method I can lift the part up and ensure I can get in to the heat exchanger opening on the bumper so I don't miss any spots while keeping it from blowing away.

Things like the mirrors and side scoops just get pushed on to the tape and there is enough friction to hold them in place.

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Tried my trick on the lettering and it worked. Here is the test subject.

Cobra Bumper.JPG
Cobra Bumper 1.JPG
Cobra Bumper 2.JPG
Cobra Bumper 3.JPG

And here is the finished product.

Cobra Bumper 5.JPG

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
And here is the final product. Well, almost. I was not happy with how the third brake light came out. I tried to save the original, but the paint lines did not come out smooth. You can see some grey around the light in the rear end picture below. So, I'm re-doing it, but other than that she's done.

What do you guys think????

CO finished .JPG

I posted this picture so you can see the difference from the stock stance to the modified stance
Cobra Stock Height.JPG

CO finished 1.JPG
CO finished 2.JPG
CO finished 3.JPG

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
If you happened to make an OW coupe one day I might so happen to trade U.S. currency for it and put it next to my '93 Cobra model. Just sayin :)

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
If you happened to make an OW coupe one day I might so happen to trade U.S. currency for it and put it next to my '93 Cobra model. Just sayin :)

Thanks for all the positive compliments guys. It's been a challenge, but fun at the same time.

TK, I have 3 and a possible in line right now (i.e. OW Vert, RF coupe, SB Vert and a MC if I can get a coupe and the paint).

However, rest assured that i WILL be building an OW coupe in the future. It's yours if your still interested once I get started.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I have one of these done in Mystichrome to match my car done by a guy on here. Did the seats and everything. I need to get a pic of them together LOL

Users who are viewing this thread