Established Member
Then everything was primed.

Vert primer.JPG
Vert primer a.JPG
Vert primer b.JPG

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay, now it is ready for paint. I'll probably do what 03 Indy Cobra said and paint it in a color that was not offered.

I know the poll says SB, but SB is available. Therefore, I would like to paint it a color not offered like MC, CO or OW.

On a side note; if you are interested in this car and want it in your car color hit me up with a PM and provide the color you would like and make an offer.

I'm trying to do this for those whose car color was not produced by Maisto.

Good idea Paul (03 Indy Cobra)!!!

Last edited:

SNISTR1

Established Member
I would really like to have a Redfire coupe if you ever wind up working on one. Looking good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Thanks Snistr1.

Coupes are a little harder to come by for some reason. Guess they are a little more popular. There are some listed on eBay, but they are asking for a healthy price. That means my end product would be even healthier in price LOL.

However, I will keep you in mind.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
You have way to much time Glenn.

LMAO!!! I'm waiting to get started on some other projects Brad. I have not decided if I want to install a new drive train in my 65 or beef up the Cobra to E85 and 700HP.

So, this is my outlet until a decision is made and funds are available LOL.

Black2010

Established Member
I so want this in MC especially if you can do the seats too. But I don't think my willing to pay would match your willing to do it for price. I'll throw it out there that I'd pay $150 shipped for it in MC. More than that and I think I'd have to get an exam for spending silly money on a toy. Would be cool to take to car shows though.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I so want this in MC especially if you can do the seats too. But I don't think my willing to pay would match your willing to do it for price. I'll throw it out there that I'd pay $150 shipped for it in MC. More than that and I think I'd have to get an exam for spending silly money on a toy. Would be cool to take to car shows though.

I will have to do some research on the paint itself. If I can get the paint for a decent price I "MAY" be able to swing it. Overall cost will always depend on the combined cost of materials.

And I don't look at it as spending silly money on a toy. It's a piece of art that compliments your car. But, I do agree there are limits.

Black2010

Established Member
Sounds good. If it works then let me know and I'll commit to purchase but I completely understand if it falls below your willing to do it for that threshold. I also wouldn't be offended if someone else said they would commit to pay more for it as I know your time is worth money.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay, after work today I went to the paint shop. I asked for a pint of OW (paint code Z1) a pint of CO (paint code CY) and a pint of MC (paint code G6).

I was told OW would be around $28 and CO would be around $36. Remember this is for just a PINT.

Now are you ready for this? For the MC I was told a 1/2 pint (that's right A 1/2 PINT) was $300. You read correctly three hundred dollars (US not Pesos LMAO).

Needless to say I walked out with only OW and CO.

Now if I pulled the trigger on MC, "IF" I got 2 guys to commit to MC at a price of $150 each that would cover paint alone. I would be out labor, the price of the diecast itself (which has been averaging between $50 and $80) and shipping.

So, at this point I'm going to have to take MC off the table because it's just too expensive. Unless someone is willing to cover a little bit more of the cost involved.

SOOOOOOOO....... It looks like this one is going to be CO. I have another silver convertible on the way. I will probably paint that one OW.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Lowered, interested. Just pm me the price & consider it sold unless I'm too late. I don't want to step in front of anyone else, but I want it!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Okay, after work today I went to the paint shop. I asked for a pint of OW (paint code Z1) a pint of CO (paint code CY) and a pint of MC (paint code G6).

I was told OW would be around $28 and CO would be around $36. Remember this is for just a PINT.

Now are you ready for this? For the MC I was told a 1/2 pint (that's right A 1/2 PINT) was $300. You read correctly three hundred dollars (US not Pesos LMAO).

Needless to say I walked out with only OW and CO.

Now if I pulled the trigger on MC, "IF" I got 2 guys to commit to MC at a price of $150 each that would cover paint alone. I would be out labor, the price of the diecast itself (which has been averaging between $50 and $80) and shipping.

So, at this point I'm going to have to take MC off the table because it's just too expensive. Unless someone is willing to cover a little bit more of the cost involved.

SOOOOOOOO....... It looks like this one is going to be CO. I have another silver convertible on the way. I will probably paint that one OW.
Unfortunately that's correct. The downside to having cool paint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Lowered, interested. Just pm me the price & consider it sold unless I'm too late. I don't want to step in front of anyone else, but I want it!

Okay Cool Cobra. It's yours as you are the first to step up and say you want it in CO. I'll PM you and we can work out the details.

Users who are viewing this thread