Official 2017-18 NHL Thread.

colin450

Established Member
Yeah, that was a fun team and one of the best seasons ever. But I'm old enough to have witnessed the great Bruins teams of the 70's and those were my favorite Bruins teams of all. And we had the GOAT.

Lol I'm 29 and got to see them win a Stanley Cup in my 2nd year having season tickets. Lucky.

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
The 2010-11 Cup winning team is maybe my favorite team out of any championship team we've had in Boston. They bullied teams into submission and it was amazing.

Thats for sure...I'll never forget this classic!

SedinSpeedbag.gif

colin450

Established Member
Didn't know you had season tickets. :D You don't post much in here.

Yup up in the balcony. Will be 10 years next year. Have a ton of great memories already - 2010 winter classic, 2011 ECF game 7, 2011 Nate Horton OT goals vs MTL, Cup games at home vs Vancouver and Chicago. I spend too much time in the NFL thread lol.

mysterio

Established Member
You guys ready to hear a homer call? Listen to the Flyers' announcers go on and on about how Raffi Torres....oops, I meant Radko Gudas.....was 'just trying to get back on point' as he levels Kyle Palmieri:

And maybe he was; it's one of those hits that I'd like to see from multiple camera angles. But Goon-ass won't get the benefit of the doubt from too many people outside the Philly fan base, and I'm not buying it from that angle.

The reputation of cement-heads tend to follow them.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I watched that video last night Jeff and though Gudas is my least favorite player in the NHL, (no surprise he plays for Philly) I'm not sure this was intentional. From the high angle it looked like he was jumping out of the way of Simmonds and there was Palmieri.
But you're right. He's not going to get the benefit of the doubt from many people.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I thought the Bruins and Leafs was a measuring stick kind of game since this is almost certainly a first round playoff match up and Toronto should have come out flying with the Bruins ahead of them in the standings and the Bruins fired up having lost their last 6 against them but the Bruins thoroughly out played them in all 3 periods.
I guess that's encouraging but I'm still not convinced they're legit contenders but I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

How about the Black Hawks dead last in their division? Yeah, its a very strong division but dead last? That team is still loaded with talent and they're probably not even going to make the playoffs.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
I’m here to talk about the elephant.

Pen’s are starting to warm up again....

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I’m here to talk about the elephant.

Pen’s are starting to warm up again....

I would say Pens are still the odds on favorite.

Wouldn't it be something if the Golden Nuggets won it all though? That would be one of the most unlikely sports stories in history.
To be sitting on top of the NHL this deep into the season is no fluke. They are legit.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Absolutely the Nugs are crazy good.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Flower get another cup, would really vindicate him as just having an off year. But he is 50/50 goalie in playoffs

mysterio

Established Member
Oh ya! Lol.
Pens ftw

I’m hoping for a first round match up of Pens vs Caps. That has tremendous potential for hate and discontent. Right behind that in the Metro would be Pens vs Flyers, but that might be a stretch.

mysterio

Established Member
That little bitch Burrows gets leveled by a clean hit, and decides to retaliate with a knee (or two) to the head:

He was offered an in-person hearing, but waived it. So he’ll get at least 5 games for this, as it was both pretty obvious, and indefensible.

Hope the punk gets 10.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Burrows is a ****ing pus always has been. Just a little pos loser.

Oh man I would feel bad for Ov if it is pens caps.
You just know pens will win again, they live in the caps brains during playoffs. Lol

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
How about the Black Hawks dead last in their division? Yeah, its a very strong division but dead last? That team is still loaded with talent and they're probably not even going to make the playoffs.

Love seeing those Hawks in the basement everyday! The central division is murderer's row this year, especially now that the Av's have caught fire.

That little bitch Burrows gets leveled by a clean hit, and decides to retaliate with a knee (or two) to the head:
He was offered an in-person hearing, but waived it. So he’ll get at least 5 games for this, as it was both pretty obvious, and indefensible.
Hope the punk gets 10.

Looks like you got your wish and I'm happy for it. He derserves everyone of those 10 games he'll be sidelined for.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I blame Taylor Hall. Not for the hit but for shying away from fighting. Its not like he's never dropped the gloves before.
I've said this before and I'm gonna say it again. The NHL is missing guys that we love to hate. Like Burrows.
One of the greatest things about the NHL is its street justice, or policing itself.

mysterio

Established Member
I blame Taylor Hall. Not for the hit but for shying away from fighting. Its not like he's never dropped the gloves before.
I've said this before and I'm gonna say it again. The NHL is missing guys that we love to hate. Like Burrows.
One of the greatest things about the NHL is its street justice, or policing itself.

Knees to the back of the head, more than once, cannot be condoned. And Burrows more often than not is just a cheap shot artist. I rarely see him in a 'clean' fight.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Knees to the back of the head, more than once, cannot be condoned. And Burrows more often than not is just a cheap shot artist. I rarely see him in a 'clean' fight.

There's 2 types of cheap shot artists. There is the Raffi Torres and Matt Cooke types that take guys out, yeah, I can do without them and then there is the Alex Burrows and Brad Marchand's who take cheap shots but have never taken anyone out. At least not that I know of. They're just more like pest's. I think the game needs that just to stir up emotions. Otherwise the game has become so generic and a lot of times just plain boring and has about as much emotion as golf.
You're old enough to remember when it didn't matter which team that came in there was always at least 1 guy you wanted to see Terry O'Reilly or Stan Jonathan beat the snot out of. Teams literally hated each other back then. At least on the ice they did.
Today after 2 guys fight they pat each other on the back when its over. Its becoming more rare to see a fight because guys are actually pissed at each other.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member

Sorry but that is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread