Official 2017-18 NHL Thread.

mysterio

Established Member
Did you guys see where the Bruins and Calgary Flames both had to cancel their first day of camp / practice in China? Both teams' equipment got held up by Chinese customs. Something about the manifest didn't look right to officials there, or something of that nature. What a cluster-foxtrot. Bad move by the league, and they shouldn't be there in the first place, IMO.

Now both teams' rookies and prospects lose a day of evaluation. o_O

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Did you guys see where the Bruins and Calgary Flames both had to cancel their first day of camp / practice in China? Both teams' equipment got held up by Chinese customs. Something about the manifest didn't look right to officials there, or something of that nature. What a cluster-foxtrot. Bad move by the league, and they shouldn't be there in the first place, IMO.

Now both teams' rookies and prospects lose a day of evaluation. o_O

Yeah, saw that Jeff. I agree they shouldn't be there never mind having to travel half way around the globe.

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
Well I'm glad that Karlsson didn't end up with a team in the central as there had been some talk that Dallas was in on him, but still not happy that he ends up in the Western conference.

Seriously, WTF is with those games in China? NHL is trying to grow their market over there that badly? I understand the games in Europe with all the players in the league who come from the various places there, but China makes no sense to me at all.

Users who are viewing this thread