Official 2017-18 NHL Thread.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
*Rant Alert*

I forgot to mention, while we're talking about what a mean bully Tom Wilson is, the egregious Ryan Reaves cross check to the spine of John Carlson that directly led to a goal, a very meaningful tying goal and how the refs didn't have the balls to call it for fear of being booed. Cowards.
There's no way they missed it because they're watching everything that goes on in front of the net in those situations. But they'll be sure to call a little tap to the leg at center ice that doesn't affect a damn thing. Is it that hard to have the common sense of what penalties actually affect the game and ones that don't? Apparently it is because I see it almost every game lately.

*Rant over*

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
*Rant Alert*

I forgot to mention, while we're talking about what a mean bully Tom Wilson is, the egregious Ryan Reaves cross check to the spine of John Carlson that directly led to a goal, a very meaningful tying goal and how the refs didn't have the balls to call it for fear of being booed. Cowards.
There's no way they missed it because they're watching everything that goes on in front of the net in those situations. But they'll be sure to call a little tap to the leg at center ice that doesn't affect a damn thing. Is it that hard to have the common sense of what penalties actually affect the game and ones that don't? Apparently it is because I see it almost every game lately.

*Rant over*

The gap between obvious missed calls & ticky tack nothing things being called in these playoffs have been one of the worst in recent memory. Also some of the egregious diving that has been rewarded by the Refs has also been disgusting to watch.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
The gap between obvious missed calls & ticky tack nothing things being called in these playoffs have been one of the worst in recent memory. Also some of the egregious diving that has been rewarded by the Refs has also been disgusting to watch.

Exactly. I rarely bitch about officiating but its been too glaringly bad in these playoffs to let it slide.

mysterio

Established Member
We haven’t seen a real standout performance from either goalie yet in this series. Both have shown flaws.

mysterio

Established Member
You guys see that clean, hard shoulder hit by Tuch on Orpik? That was outstanding. That’s the kind of hitting that I miss in the NHL.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Huge win for the Caps. Had to have this game. That save Holtby made with a couple of minutes left was as good as it gets, and incredibly lucky.

Heck yes it was. And that save, was amazing. I think Goalie play today was pretty great all around but the Caps just got one more through. Another entertaining game to watch.

mysterio

Established Member
Are we seeing either Ovechkin or Holtby slowly making a case for the Conn Smythe? Sure seems that way.

In rounds 2 & 3, I had counted out Vegas, not thinking they would advance. So I won’t count them out just yet, but they sure looked out of sync last night.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Are we seeing either Ovechkin or Holtby slowly making a case for the Conn Smythe? Sure seems that way.

In rounds 2 & 3, I had counted out Vegas, not thinking they would advance. So I won’t count them out just yet, but they sure looked out of sync last night.

I don't count out Vegas yet either. After seeing them a handful of times during the regular season I knew they were legit. Not surprised the cruised through the first 2 rounds but did not expect them to beat the Jets.

Huge game 4 coming up. If the Caps win I think its over.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I also don't count out Vegas but the Capitals are getting control of the series. They are putting more offensive pressure getting a lot more odd man rushes and playing better defense especially with the lead.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
I didn't get a chance to watch the last game, but I did see the highlights & noted that Fleury got ran into or bumped a couple times. Its dirty, but probably one of the only ways to get into his head & off of the superhuman game he's been playing through the first 3 rounds.

mysterio

Established Member
That dumb and obvious tripping penalty by Miller seemed to open the flood gates. And it doesn't help that Vegas is playing some seriously crappy defense.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member

Don't count out Kuznetsov or Oshee. They are both playing great. It will probably be one of the two you mentioned though.

Knights were getting frustrated and started head hunting last night. If they don't pull it together they will be finished.

Users who are viewing this thread