2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm ready for winter
Screenshot_20230925_213155_Gallery.jpg

Dusten

Established Member
The amount of JPTS that thing leaked on the ground is insane. One of the civilian contractors I worked with when I was on the U-2 had been a SR-71 crew chief when he was enlisted. He brought in a VHS tape of them launching one from the hangar. I think there were two guys with push-squeegees pushing the fuel into drains in the hangar floor. Lol

Ya the expansion of the tanks caused them to leak on the ground

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Just to add to the missed salutes thing, about three of us walked right past a Navy 2 star at Bangor without saluting and all of us and him looked back and connected eyes because everyone involved was confused and he was slightly disgusted it appeared. In our defense, this guy looked younger than me at the time and I was 26 or so. It didn't make any sense as we thought he might be a chief from a few yards out so we held off tye salute and by the time we were right by him we saw the stars and were too caught off guard at that point to do anything, we froze up haha.

The Navy was the worst in trying to tell what was what from a distance as you were closing. I saluted a few chiefs thinking they were officers.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Just to add to the missed salutes thing, about three of us walked right past a Navy 2 star at Bangor without saluting and all of us and him looked back and connected eyes because everyone involved was confused and he was slightly disgusted it appeared. In our defense, this guy looked younger than me at the time and I was 26 or so. It didn't make any sense as we thought he might be a chief from a few yards out so we held off tye salute and by the time we were right by him we saw the stars and were too caught off guard at that point to do anything, we froze up haha.

The Navy was the worst in trying to tell what was what from a distance as you were closing. I saluted a few chiefs thinking they were officers.
Haha.
In tech school we were supposed to call all rooms and halls "tench-hut!" if an officer entered. One time I was the only person in a hall so I figured I'd just go to attention myself instead of shouting to an imaginary audience. This petite little lady officer walked up to me and said in the sweetest, softest voice, "Airman, you seem a little confused."
"Uh, yes ma'am. Was I supposed to call myself to attention there?" :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread