Not sure where to post this...Serena Williams rant at US Open

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
My computer keeps freezing, but the cartoon posted by earico is racist in the eyes of many. Whether you think it is or is not, don't let that detract from the fact that Williams needs to be held accountable for her actions. Many will pull the race/gender card because they know a lot of people won't touch it. Regardless of race or gender, you should be held accountable for your behavior and actions, and using the excuse that someone else got away with it in the past does not justify acting out.

People that think that cartoon is racist are misinformed and don't understand the definition of a caricature. PERIOD.

This may come as a surprise but...........EVERYTHING IS NOT ABOUT RACE.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
My computer keeps freezing, but the cartoon posted by earico is racist in the eyes of many. Whether you think it is or is not, don't let that detract from the fact that Williams needs to be held accountable for her actions. Many will pull the race/gender card because they know a lot of people won't touch it. Regardless of race or gender, you should be held accountable for your behavior and actions, and using the excuse that someone else got away with it in the past does not justify acting out.

When you can not refute that was said, go to plan B which is to cry racism. The woman in question is not attractive in the least and the cartoon highlighted some of her well pronounced poor features and IMO it was meant to portray her as a childish, loud big mouth. The desired outcome was achieved. I find it telling how this drawing crosses the line yet so many others are considered satire. The p.c. supporters have to answer the call!

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Wtf are you talking about?

He was referring to the end of my OP when I said that in politics today when the president tweets something inappropriate/unpresidential many take offense to it and rather than take the high road and act with dignity, they lose their minds and act out inappropriately in response, then they use the president's actions that they don't agree with to justify their own inappropriate behavior.

Blown 89

Established Member
I played both collegiate and professional tennis (ATP Satellite Tour) and still make part of my living involved in the sport. Here are my thoughts according to the rules.

Warning #1 (offered before infractions): Her coach admitted on camera that he was coaching her. He tried to make the case that everyone coaches from the stands. No they do not. They got caught cheating. End of story.

Violation #1 (points now taken): Racquet abuse. I'm sorry but you can't claim sexism here. Everyone gets a warning when they destroy their racquets on the court like that. She burned up her warning so this was an automatic point deduction.

Violation #2 (games now taken): Yes, players routinely jaw at chair umps. I've said some pretty nasty things to chair umpires. What people usually don't do is continue to jaw on and on at them for minutes at end and threaten their careers. Let's keep in mind that Serena once threatened to the life of a linesman. This time she didn't stop and it lasted over the course of a few points This isn't sexism and, quite frankly, I'm shocked he let her get that far before taking a game away from her.

The fans in New York should be ashamed of themselves. Seriously. **** them. They just stole a moment Osaka has been dreaming about her entire life. The USTA (United States Tennis Association) should be ashamed of themselves for what was said during the ceremony.

Female players have been screaming sexism for decades and it's absurd. They aren't as good, don't draw as many fans, and don't bring in as much money yet they've been complaining about not getting equal pay for as long as I can remember. Fine Serena, you want to be a moron and claim sexism? You played another woman, in a woman's sport, playing a tournament hosted by an organization with a female president and CEO, playing for a worldwide organization whose sole purpose is promoting women. Apparently it's sexist to do something that benefits another woman now :rolleyes: What we saw here is American faggotry displayed on the world stage. ****ing idiot.

FWIW, tennis players are mostly a bunch of self entitled arrogant pricks and you saw that on display Saturday. The people make me hate this ****ing sport.

Zemedici

Established Member
I played both collegiate and professional tennis (ATP Satellite Tour) and still make part of my living involved in the sport. Here are my thoughts according to the rules.

Warning #1 (offered before infractions): Her coach admitted on camera that he was coaching her. He tried to make the case that everyone coaches from the stands. No they do not. They got caught cheating. End of story.

Violation #1 (points now taken): Racquet abuse. I'm sorry but you can't claim sexism here. Everyone gets a warning when they destroy their racquets on the court like that. She burned up her warning so this was an automatic point deduction.

Violation #2 (games now taken): Yes, players routinely jaw at chair umps. I've said some pretty nasty things to chair umpires. What people usually don't do is continue to jaw on and on at them for minutes at end and threaten their careers. Let's keep in mind that Serena once threatened to the life of a linesman. This time she didn't stop and it lasted over the course of a few points This isn't sexism and, quite frankly, I'm shocked he let her get that far before taking a game away from her.

The fans in New York should be ashamed of themselves. Seriously. **** them. They just stole a moment Osaka has been dreaming about her entire life. The USTA (United States Tennis Association) should be ashamed of themselves for what was said during the ceremony.

Female players have been screaming sexism for decades and it's absurd. They aren't as good, don't draw as many fans, and don't bring in as much money yet they've been complaining about not getting equal pay for as long as I can remember. Fine Serena, you want to be a moron and claim sexism? You played another woman, in a woman's sport, playing a tournament hosted by an organization with a female president and CEO, playing for a worldwide organization whose sole purpose is promoting women. Apparently it's sexist to do something that benefits another woman now :rolleyes: What we saw here is American faggotry displayed on the world stage. ****ing idiot.

FWIW, tennis players are mostly a bunch of self entitled arrogant pricks and you saw that on display Saturday. The people make me hate this ****ing sport.

How is it that posts like this are clear as glass, then some of your posts go entirely off the rails?

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member

I need a bigger like button for this post.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
She is too full of herself and basically ruined the NY Open final win for Naomi Osaka. I always take pleasure when Serena loses....almost as much as when the PATS lose......lol.
It is so wrong that all the attention is on Williams (who LOST) and pretty much no coverage of Osaka (who WON). Yes, she had a part in ruining the final win for Naomi. But, more blame has to be placed on the media for such lopsided coverage. I get that Williams is high profile, but the coverage should primarily be on Osaka's "upset" victory, and secondarily on Williams' behavior and penalties. JMO.

Oh, and Williams was totally out of line with her actions/outbursts. Be the example of a champion that children/youth can look up to by playing your hardest, ignoring your coach's attempts to illegally coach you from the stands, graciously accept defeat, properly congratulate your opponent, and THEN if you feel you were wrongly penalized, file a protest through the proper channels.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
That's how I read it lol.

e67ac6192a8f35fece56bf192a5795f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmsa540

Established Member
Not to mention been playing professionally for 200 years.

Maybe someone younger is better? Crazy concept
Dude..i swear shes been playing forever..i remember she was playing when i was in 5th grade.

Btw, shes a man, baby!

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread