Not sure where to post this...Serena Williams rant at US Open

Coiled03

Established Member
Yeah, he said he was coaching her. It was also clear as day that she wasn't looking at him. Apparently, he was coaching the nearby air.

It makes no difference, really. The rule is so ambiguous, it's a joke. They need to just ditch it entirely, and allow coaching.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
The new commercial she did she legit looks like a man

Coiled03

Established Member
If Maria Sharapova made the same claims as Serena there wouldn't have been a thread made. PERIOD

Claims of sexism are nothing new in tennis. Had Serena ONLY made a claim of sexism, this thread wouldn't exist, either. But it wasn't just that, was it? She also questioned the integrity of a well-respected umpire, and acted like a spoiled child, all on national TV, while her opponent was making her grand slam final debut.

FJohnny

Established Member
I posted earlier fully supporting Serena.

OMG....what the hell was I thinking? After reading some of these better thought out posts I guess I should issue a retraction and apology. I missed the boat completely.

First off, I forgot to factor her looks into my thinking. She does indeed not look like Sharapova and doesn't even appear to try to. If she's going to choose to be female the least she should do is look hot and blond.

I feel terrible that I didn't consider the feelings of the ump. Like the hockey ref that calls the Phantom penalty in the second OT period of sudden death in game seven this man deserves his moment in the sun. Serena will have other opportunities. One cannot fault him for seizing what may be his best and only chance at fame.

After the thoughtless post I looked Serena up. Suffering from post partum depression. Uggg...who chooses to have that? Hard to support someone who selfishly gets depression and then drags herself out of the house just to strive for greatness. I hate when people do that.

Anyway, I guess I no longer support her and her amazing achievements.

Congrats to Naomi Osaka, the amazing young woman who won and was all but forgotten in the aftermath. Wishing her another big win soon so she can experience an untainted victory.

Thanks for helping me see the true light.

All the best to all of you. (Except maybe Serena. Oh, what the heck, her as well.)

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I posted earlier fully supporting Serena.

OMG....what the hell was I thinking? After reading some of these better thought out posts I guess I should issue a retraction and apology. I missed the boat completely.

First off, I forgot to factor her looks into my thinking. She does indeed not look like Sharapova and doesn't even appear to try to. If she's going to choose to be female the least she should do is look hot and blond.

I feel terrible that I didn't consider the feelings of the ump. Like the hockey ref that calls the Phantom penalty in the second OT period of sudden death in game seven this man deserves his moment in the sun. Serena will have other opportunities. One cannot fault him for seizing what may be his best and only chance at fame.

After the thoughtless post I looked Serena up. Suffering from post partum depression. Uggg...who chooses to have that? Hard to support someone who selfishly gets depression and then drags herself out of the house just to strive for greatness. I hate when people do that.

Anyway, I guess I no longer support her and her amazing achievements.

Congrats to Naomi Osaka, the amazing young woman who won and was all but forgotten in the aftermath. Wishing her another big win soon so she can experience an untainted victory.

Thanks for helping me see the true light.

All the best to all of you. (Except maybe Serena. Oh, what the heck, her as well.)
Is that Canadian sarcasm?

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
If Maria Sharapova made the same claims as Serena there wouldn't have been a thread made. PERIOD

The MSM and such has placed itself in the position where they MUST defend her otherwise it would go against the p.c. standards set by the very same outlets. She screwed up and rather than acting like a fallible adult, she and others must make excuses and defenses. If other people acted like a fool, I'd expect them to be treated as such and history has shown it as happening. Different rules for this knuckle head, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread