No front plate ticket? No problem! Pix inside...

T76 Mach

Established Member
I just taped mine on and took a pic,and back in the window she went.Although yours does look sweet

zeus201

Established Member
hah, this is perfect because I just got pulled over yesterday for no front plate after running around for a year. state trooper was cool, but I knew eventually I'll get busted.

Might have to get this bracket.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
I just purchased my 04 and it didnt even come with a front plate...i wonder if i can use that excuse??

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I woulda left it on there to avoid getting another ticket dude.

If it's so easy to take off then just remove it when you go to car shows or want to take pictures of your car. To me at least, it's not worth the hassle or the money to keep getting pulled over for something so stupid.

Def. a nice bracket!

I agree ., :shrug:

Adower

Established Member
Bro next time just buy some double sided tape. I got a ticket by roseville pd. I taped the plate on. When I went to the PD the lady took the ticket to the back. An officer signed the ticket WITHOUT looking at my car. The lady looked out the window and asked which car was mine. I pointed to it and that was that.

TORQJNKY

Not runnin' a front plate finally caught up to me. Got pulled over and recieved a $10 fix-it-ticket. I was NOT about to drill holes in my bumper so I searched the forum and ran across Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets. $51.00 shipped. Top notch product. Very clean set-up. Very easy install. Screwed the front plate on to the bracket, latched the bracket onto the bumper and got my ticket signed off. Easy as 1 2 3! Here are some pics for other folks who find themselves in the same predicament. Enjoy!

Thanks for the write up 2K4VENM. I have about 15 ready to ship if anyone is interested. I also see a bunch of fellow Cajuns in this thread. :beer:

Laissez les bon temps rouler!!! GEAUX Tigers!! :rockon:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I just purchased my 04 and it didnt even come with a front plate...i wonder if i can use that excuse??

You don't say what part of Texas you live in so I can't comment on the police where you live. I live just north of Austin and have not run a front plate on my car for the entire 10 years I have lived in Texas. have been stopped once and the cop gave me a ticket for no proof of insurance rather than the front plate being missing.

I told him that I normally have it velcroed at each end on the passenger side visor so when the visor is down you can see the tag from the front of the car. I have been told by several LEOs that it complies with state law (including an LEO on SVTP) I won't ever put holes in either one of my cars.

The feeling in the car forums and what not that I belong to in the Austin area (and experience has shown) that the only cop that will give you a ticket for no front plate is the state police and even they are fairly inconsistent about it.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
One of my buddy has one that is electronically actuated and pops out and in with a switch. If a cop sees you with your plate of...when he pulls you over..you hit the switch and ask him what the problem is? He walks in front of the car to find a plate there in plain view. It's freakin awesome!

OH3GT

Shut Up And Lift
Established Member
looks good but i have the retractable license front plate bracket. easily slides underneath the bumper, the bar does stick out a bit, but hardly noticeable unless you are staring at it! flip it up/down whenever...

Last edited:

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Excuses, excuses

You can use that excuse, but all an officer has to do is run your license plate and the return gives him a wealth of information. Of which I will not disclose. All I am saying if you lie and get caught, get ready.
RDJ is pretty much right, it is normally my fellow brothers who enforce this law, stupid or not.

Jefe

Established Member
$51 for a few pieces of bent metal and a rubber stopper? Home Depot is your friend...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread