No front plate ticket? No problem! Pix inside...

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Not runnin' a front plate finally caught up to me. Got pulled over and recieved a $10 fix-it-ticket. I was NOT about to drill holes in my bumper so I searched the forum and ran across Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets. $51.00 shipped. Top notch product. Very clean set-up. Very easy install. Screwed the front plate on to the bracket, latched the bracket onto the bumper and got my ticket signed off. Easy as 1 2 3! Here are some pics for other folks who find themselves in the same predicament. Enjoy!

Got my bracket just in time to get my ticket signed off:
Misc253-2-1.gif

Time to do the unthinkable:
Misc256-1.jpg

Couple of screws a screwdriver and a couple minutes is all you need:
Misc259-1.gif

Screw the plate onto the bracket:
Misc260-1.gif

Before:
Misc262-1.gif

After:
Misc273-1.gif

I think we should all get tickets for running front plates not the other way around. :nonono:
Misc257-1.gif

Fits like a glove: (Rubber groumets prevent any scraping/rubbing issues)
Misc258-1.gif

Nice and snug: (View from up top)
Misc263-1.gif

Got my ticket signed off and guess what? Off came the bracket! Until next time......
Misc264-1.jpg

Goneee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pix55-1.jpg

Last edited:

s|ck

Established Member
Hmm... I wonder if this bracket will work for the Lightning? It is a very nice bracket for sure :coolman:

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
Here in Vancouver I got two no front plate tickets, well one was for failure to display, a $109 fine. The other one was improper display (it was on the passenger side dash, i got reamed out from the popo as it can turn into a projectile in an accident) which was $209!!

I went to Home Depot and bought some "L" brackets and made my own bracket for like $10, sucks running a front plate though, looks GAY!

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
haha... awesome! I haven't seen you around in a long time!

did Elk Grove PD or CHP get you?

CHP IN elk grove are every where!

What's goin on big Lex? Yea, it's been awhile since I've run into you. Been working, had a baby girl. Busy to say the least. About who nabbed me?ehhhhhhhh...lets just say you got a PM. :coolman:

2000 LiGhtNinG

Established Member
guys i was at waterfest 14 a few weekends ago and came across this company...

www.swiftmotorsports.com and check out the license plate frame that they have, it slides out and also has rubber bump stops just incase it hits the bumper.

I just went to the site and watched the video and it is even 10 bucks cheaper on special right now.

Last edited:

sikcobra03

Established Member
I just used double sided tape, stuck it on, went in, got the cop, had him sign off, pulled plate off and left. lol didnt even need adhesive remover to get it off.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do they check to see if you have a prior "no front plate" infraction if you were to get stopped again?

Nice kit, though. Beats drilling the bumper even if you decide to conform to the law.

Raymond

slower than you
Established Member
I woulda left it on there to avoid getting another ticket dude.

If it's so easy to take off then just remove it when you go to car shows or want to take pictures of your car. To me at least, it's not worth the hassle or the money to keep getting pulled over for something so stupid.

Def. a nice bracket!

CobraCarrera

Established Member
guys i was at waterfest 14 a few weekends ago and came across this company...

www.swiftmotorsports.com and check out the license plate frame that they have, it slides out and also has rubber bump stops just incase it hits the bumper.

I just went to the site and watched the video and it is even 10 bucks cheaper on special right now.

This one will not work with our Cobra's...The heat exchanger is in the way..

Nice idea....It works well with other cars though.....

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
I got one of Craig's (TORQJNKY) brackets a few months ago. No way I was drilling the virgin front cover of a low mile 10th Anniversary.
I leave it on all the time except at shows. Definitely a quality piece.

S2-Raw

Established Member
That's a pretty good idea!

I got a no front plate ticket on my Cobra once.

I used 4 Zip ties connected together and zip tied the plate to my Cobra emblem. The thing was swinging in the wind and sat crooked. The police still singed it off. I then pulled some scissors out of my pocket snapped the zip ties off before the officer had a chance to put his pen back in his pocket. He just smiled and walked away.

While purchasing the bracket was the “right” thing to do. You could have saved a little time and money by just finding the “right officer” to sign it off. (Usually the ones that are on break. Coffee shop, getting gas etc...)

Last edited:

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Cool. I'll have to subscribe to this to have for reference. I've gotten 5 or 6 warnings this year alone. Eventually I'll get a fix-it-ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread