NMRA Spring Break Shootout, Bradenton - Who's going?

NTXRockr

Established Member
I'll be there with my Slow Yellow Mustang!

Me too! Maybe we can get some side by side action in Test and Tune before the main event. I'd love to see how a "slow" turbo car fares against a "handicapped" nitrous car :beer:

Awesome, will be interesting to see what is possible. No clue how much nitrous you can cram in these small motors but if they flow good enough for 500+ rwhp N/A hopefully it can choke down two good size shots. At 2900lbs that could be an interesting combo.

That's gotta tell ya something :D :rockon: :poke:

Tells you what, that more than one stage of nitrous is too much off the line??? I thought turbos made a lot of torque too?!? :banana:

I'm just getting my setup together, so I won't be spraying the walls down on it quite yet...I do plan on having a large single shot for the Shootout but eventually will be running a dual stage direct port. I'm limited to 10.0 for now without a cage, so no Coyote Modified for me just yet...probably True Street and Super Stang/Modular Muscle, depends on which one is more or less competitive. Unless someone knows a good cage fabricator in the northern Florida area??? :coolman:

numbnutz

Established Member
Beef or anyone that's been to both. How does the Joliet, IL show compare to this event in Bradenton? I'd like to go to this one but if it's pretty much the same thing that's in my backyard then I'll save my money.

1NA RUN

Established Member
I know tremec put together a stick shift shoot out las year but I don't see it posted anywhere for this year. Can someone confirm this or provide a link. This will definitely change my plans if there is one. Thanks

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Beef or anyone that's been to both. How does the Joliet, IL show compare to this event in Bradenton? I'd like to go to this one but if it's pretty much the same thing that's in my backyard then I'll save my money.

well,

I've been to the finals 3 years in a row at Joliet. Won the last 2 years, and won 2 Superbowl rings.

So, Joliet is my favorite event, lol.

With the combo race, Joliet is a much better show, as it has the nmca guys there to.

poof100

Established Member
well,

I've been to the finals 3 years in a row at Joliet. Won the last 2 years, and won 2 Superbowl rings.

So, Joliet is my favorite event, lol.

With the combo race, Joliet is a much better show, as it has the nmca guys there to.

Maybe the Bengals should hire you to run the Offense, since you have more Super Bowl rings than they do! lol.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Beef-why change classes?

the trans isn't legal for super stang any more.

Vortech Racing wants to dominate the coyote modified class. They think it's going to be pretty big.

So of course, they need a big dog out there. :)

I really want to go 7's which I think we can do with the centri on blower only. But, it will be fun to run the heads up class as well.

N20D5OH

Established Member
Thanks, but I still don't see where it states anything about a stick shift shoot out. I follow NMRA pretty closely. I was under the impression its not happening this year. Lets hope I'm wrong cuz im ready to row some gears.

I swear, yesterday the stick shift class was listed on it. Weird....

poof100

Established Member
I don't even wanna talk about those guys, that playoff appearance was friggin pathetic,

as usual

Yeah, as a pseudo Bengals fan, it was depressing. At least the Bengals made the playoffs unlike my disaster Gmen.

Is Vortech going to release their "coyote modified" blower or is it still prototype right now? lol :dw:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I swear, yesterday the stick shift class was listed on it. Weird....

I thought the stick shift shootout was the 8 fastest stick cars in True Street at the end of the True Street competition. These 8 then have a heads up shoot out, and final two have a best 2 out of 3.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yeah, as a pseudo Bengals fan, it was depressing. At least the Bengals made the playoffs unlike my disaster Gmen.

Is Vortech going to release their "coyote modified" blower or is it still prototype right now? lol :dw:

standard ti

I thought the stick shift shootout was the 8 fastest stick cars in True Street at the end of the True Street competition. These 8 then have a heads up shoot out, and final two have a best 2 out of 3.

I believe they do that, but not just stick cars, they take the 8 quickest cars period

Eric@jpc

Established Member
the trans isn't legal for super stang any more.

Vortech Racing wants to dominate the coyote modified class. They think it's going to be pretty big.

So of course, they need a big dog out there. :)

I really want to go 7's which I think we can do with the centri on blower only. But, it will be fun to run the heads up class as well.

so what are you going to do run a turbo with a vortech sticker?? :shrug:

I Kid I Kid
:lol:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Theirs 2 different shoot outs.

BBR/MMFF SpringBreakt Shootout:
The Muscle Mustangs Spring Break Shootout class, presented by Blow-By Racing, is a heads-up, quick-16 format race that will take place. The Spring Break Shootout race will be open to the quickest 16 cars that run in NMRA’s TREMEC True Street class (presented by Muscle Mustangs) on Saturday. To be eligible for the Spring Break Shootout class, competitors must meet True Street rules, compete in the True Street class on Saturday, and make all three True Street passes. The sixteen (16) competitors who have the fastest 3-pass averages will be placed on a sportsman ladder and will race heads-up on a 4/10 pro tree.

Spring Break Shootout Purses:

Winner: $800 + Plaque + 6′ Trophy + Blow-By Racing Product Certificate

Runner-Up: $400 + Plaque + Blow-By Racing Product Certificate

Semis: $200

Quarters: $100

Eighths: $50

Tremec/MMFF Fastest Stick Car Shootout:

No set list from what I could find as last year was the first time they have done it but here is link for others to look at for it.
Video: Race Recap Tremec True Street Stick Shift Shootout | StangTV

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread