NMRA Spring Break Shootout, Bradenton - Who's going?

Bud

Established Member
Let's see, test and tune is Thursday, so if I load up the car with slicks and fuel, head out Monday that should work..
Nah, United it is :D

4 hour flight is much better than a 29 hour drive. Maybe we can get a ford for a rental car and get a bottle in a bag kit for it :burnout:

D.T.R

Established Member
You guys up north need a break from the cold and snow. Come on down here, bring y'alls race cars here to our 80 degrees in March LOL

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
My wife and I will both be there in our cars.

Seeing your wife's car last year drove me to purchase my own! As soon as I saw that thing I told my wife I had to have one! I'm sure I'll be back this year, I've only missed 3 events since 2002!

Bud

Established Member
Yes, more than likely not as quick as we were wanting to go,

I'm probably going to end up in coyote modified. So, i'll be going to a smaller s/c for the nmra events.

Do you know of any other CM builds that are planning on showing up? I really want to see what a 2900lb car with two kits and somebody willing to burn it down is capable of.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Do you know of any other CM builds that are planning on showing up? I really want to see what a 2900lb car with two kits and somebody willing to burn it down is capable of.

in all honesty, I don't think the nitrous cars are going to run away with it like everyone thinks they will.

I could be wrong, but what have we seen out of nitrous coyotes.

Will def be interesting. The biggest thing I'm going to have to rethink is my gear choice. With the smaller blower. I'm going to need a little more gear.

That's the only trick with swapping back and forth on smaller to larger blowers

Bud

Established Member
I don't think they will run away with it either, but I've been curious to see what a lot of nitrous can do on a coyote. I don't think anybody has gone big on nitrous before?

Hopefully you get some testing in before the event to see what gearing works best. Wondering how many cars will be there for it, hopefully a good turnout.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
rumor on the street is there is a Coyote or 2 coming with 2 guns to give it a try. I dont know that they will make it for Florida but they are in the works

Bud

Established Member
rumor on the street is there is a Coyote or 2 coming with 2 guns to give it a try. I dont know that they will make it for Florida but they are in the works

Awesome, will be interesting to see what is possible. No clue how much nitrous you can cram in these small motors but if they flow good enough for 500+ rwhp N/A hopefully it can choke down two good size shots. At 2900lbs that could be an interesting combo.

D.T.R

Established Member
images

Users who are viewing this thread