NMRA Spring Break Shootout, Bradenton - Who's going?

phil h

Established Member
So, who else besides me is really impressed with the CM showing? The little 68mm running 8.70's? WOW! Beef, do u think the blower can compete with the current rules? I know its way early and you havent gotten yours ironed out yet, but the turbo car ran 157 i think?

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Nice meeting you Steve. We'll have to set that race up for a later date..

yeah man same!!!! Race weekends are always tough for after hour meets too. Always late by the time we leave the track. Ill be out that way in the next few months so can we set something up. :beer:

03Steve

Established Member
I was watching the news reports on the CM class all weekend. I wish I could see a video of the race between Terry and Richard. From the numbers it looks like Terry tree'd him, white car came around for a bit, then Terry pulled him hard past the 1000'.

CPRsm

Yeah Kelley, gave the wifey a surprise vacation for her birthday. Wasn't able to get away for long though. Was able to watch Chris and another customer make a pass before having to head back north. Saturday was the last full day I was there so the family wasn't too keen on me staying all day lol.
My names el diablo. It's like Spanish for a fighting chicken. SHAKE AND BAKE!!
That just happened.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Yeah Kelley, gave the wifey a surprise vacation for her birthday. Wasn't able to get away for long though. Was able to watch Chris and another customer make a pass before having to head back north. Saturday was the last full day I was there so the family wasn't too keen on me staying all day lol.
That just happened.

I wish to god I had a video of someone climbing in and out of my back seat!

NickSezz

Established Member
I was watching the news reports on the CM class all weekend. I wish I could see a video of the race between Terry and Richard. From the numbers it looks like Terry tree'd him, white car came around for a bit, then Terry pulled him hard past the 1000'.

Rich got treed!

cm3.jpg

Bud

Established Member
That just happened.

You suck, should have gave me a call man!

I connected with a lot of people this weekend, but didn't get to meet you. Congrats again.

:poke: update your sig :)

Bummer I didn't catch you while out there. Head to BG this fall and we will see you there! Sig updated!

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This was a great weekend IMO. I personally got to meet a lot of people on this forum and had great convo's with other racers.

I have to give credit to Terry though for his car. With a good converter, it's going to be a very deadly contender!

The C/M class is going to be a huge success this season and future years to come I think. Once everyone irons out their set ups. I see it a mid 8 second class all day.

With our set up, we had some issues but like everyone else, time will solve that. Our nitrous car's first pass was this weekend. The total 4 we made was an improvement every time as well as a new learning curve. Our first pass the Magnafuel pump started to fail. 2nd was some adjustments needed to be made with the Big Stuff 3 stand a lone. 3rd, the spray didn't didn't hit out of the whole and the last pass a damn vacuum cap blew off the manifold so all the spray leaked out. What was funny about that, that was our first real pass in the car for the full 1/4. Nothing impressive though. But all in all, we had fun and it felt great to be on the racing side again of these events. We are going to do some more testing before GA.

Also, we are using a temp motor. Our built motor set up was not completed in time so we took the motor out of our 2011 which is NOT designed for this set up. So without the spray, the car made less power not to mention the converter was designed for a lot of spray. This motor also had stock heads & cams but were locked out. We wanted to make this race as well as collect some data.

We want to be more active and actually get back to what we started our business off of. But again, takes some practice and time.

On another note. I finally got to see the CPR kit in person. Big turbo! LOL But you can see the work that was put into it. The car it was on is very nice too and congrats on the 9.8 pass.

In conclusion to all of this. It was a lot of fun and gave us the kick we needed. To the guys from Hellion, Strickly, Coons, and Terry, looking forward to a season with you guys and to have some fun!

I want to give a personal thanks to Tim from MPR, the guys from Nitrous Express and Afco for all their help!!!!!

thanks

should be a fun season

So, who else besides me is really impressed with the CM showing? The little 68mm running 8.70's? WOW! Beef, do u think the blower can compete with the current rules? I know its way early and you havent gotten yours ironed out yet, but the turbo car ran 157 i think?

was a great showing by them, no doubt. I didn't really expect any less though, you have an already built chassis. a $20,000 efi system, etc...

as far as being competitive, no doubt, imo. just the converter change alone, i think puts us 8.9's to 9.0.s

the pass against rich where i was able to get it to 4500 and go a 1.51 60'. the car picked up 4 tenths. there should be .2 or better with a good converter in the 60 which is going to be good for .3 to .4 in the 1/4.

we are still 200lbs heavy as well. we'll get there, just not as easily without unlimited funds

i'm still more worried about the n20 cars once they get sorted out. rich went a 9.11 with only 1 stage, and 180lbs heavy. once he gets it dialed in it should be nasty.

bbr's car is at weight, probably a few hundred pounds under, lol. so if the tuning gets sorted out, again, same thing

that was probably the best race of the weekend. .045 margin of victory. Rich wasn't even sure who won the race when we pulled off. I knew i was ahead by a hair being on the right side though.

with the car leaving harder, i was able to cut a good light. .046 on a .400 pro tree. rich had a .15 something. i knew i had the jump, but then he came flying around me with a 1.30 or so 60'. the car charged hard on the big end though, and i think his fuel pump gave him issues and the car laid down a bit.

was a pretty exciting race.

Last edited:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
yeah... we had to add some weight to make it 2915lbs LOL Should also give a big thanks to SPORTS AUTHORITY for some weights.

Again though.... Really excited for this season!!

phil h

Established Member
Much respect for all of you guys running this class. Headsup racing is hard to do with the time and money involved. Beef, 200 lbs will help a ton, so with that being said and a new converter the little vortech otta do just fine. Good luck to all, I will try and swing by at the georgia race and talk to you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread