NFL: Who Is The Best Receiver Of All Times?

Who is the best receiver of all times?

• Jerry Rice

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • Randy Moss

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Others

Votes: 12 11.9%

• Total voters

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Bingo! You hit the nail right on the head.
Exactly what I was going to say.

What makes Rice the greatest WR of the NFL is that he drove himself to be great. He didn't just sit around, take a shitty attitude about it, and try to let his skills carry him. That is what happened to TO and will likely happen to Dez Bryant if he isn't careful. A cocky arrogance will hurt you in the long run...ask Chad Johnson. :lol1:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Jerry Rice, I watched a documentary on the guy, he didn't take a vacation the first 10 years of his pro NFL career. Can you imagine that? 10 years with no vacation, I mean he probably had some light work days but still put in work EVERYDAY.

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
If you literally blurt out the words "I play when I want to" and actually do that then later on say that you're the best EVER! C'mon people aren't stupid, they're going to look at your body of work when you got the ball and when you did not Randy.

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

CobRoush-00

Established Member
I heard an interesting story regarding Randy Moss.

The Bears were going to draft Moss way back when. He told Bears recruiters that Walter Payton was his hero so the Bears setup a breakfast for Moss and Payton to meet at a well known restaurant local to me.. Moss was a no-show which was the main reason they never drafted him.

Randy Moss picks his five best NFL players ever - NFL.com

Time For Bears To Roll The Dice And Gather Moss - Chicago Tribune

Those are the major reasons why Moss cannot be considered the greatest. Having talents is one thing. Lacking work ethics is something else. They work hand in hand. Don't get me wrong, I like Moss as a player, but his ego is bigger than his work ethics.

I heard an interesting story regarding Randy Moss.

The Bears were going to draft Moss way back when. He told Bears recruiters that Walter Payton was his hero so the Bears setup a breakfast for Moss and Payton to meet at a well known restaurant local to me.. Moss was a no-show which was the main reason they never drafted him.

Randy Moss picks his five best NFL players ever - NFL.com

Time For Bears To Roll The Dice And Gather Moss - Chicago Tribune

Wow I never heard that.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
Rice is who I voted for. Moss' arrogance really kills it. Chris Carter created a monster out of him. Moss is a great receiver, but damn can't stand his attitude, same goes for T.O. what a jackass he is.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
If you're talking about GOAT from a work ethic and consistency basis then its Jerry Rice my a mile. No question about that. :read:

However, if we are purely talking talent and athleticism then Moss is the most dangerous deep threat reciever in NFL history. Think he had like 23 TDs in a single season. :uh oh:

Moss on his best day vs Rice on his best day and Moss will get more TD catches. On the other hand he might not show up the next sunday while Rice will show up week after week and season after season.

tortoise vs the hare

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I thought Randy's favorite team was Dallas? Isnt that why he always performed so well against them?

If you're talking about GOAT from a work ethic and consistency basis then its Jerry Rice my a mile. No question about that. :read:

However, if we are purely talking talent and athleticism then Moss is the most dangerous deep threat reciever in NFL history. Think he had like 23 TDs in a single season. :uh oh:

Moss on his best day vs Rice on his best day and Moss will get more TD catches. On the other hand he might not show up the next sunday while Rice will show up week after week and season after season.

tortoise vs the hare

Interesting argument. I was very fortunate to see Rice play for most of his career with the 49ers. I have never seen a WR turn a 10-15yd pass on a crossing pattern, into as many TDs as Rice did. He was sensational on those and was amazing how he made defenders miss. I've never seen Moss do a lot of the things that Rice did. Moss had great talent and athleticism but he certainly lacked some of the ability of Rice. They're neck and neck in ability and athleticism.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Interesting argument. I was very fortunate to see Rice play for most of his career with the 49ers. I have never seen a WR turn a 10-15yd pass on a crossing pattern, into as many TDs as Rice did. He was sensational on those and was amazing how he made defenders miss. I've never seen Moss do a lot of the things that Rice did. Moss had great talent and athleticism but he certainly lacked some of the ability of Rice. They're neck and neck in ability and athleticism.

I disagree. Like I said before, Moss is the superior athlete. He just didn't have the work ethic and consistency game in and game out that Rice did. Rice himself believes it.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member

Moss is 6' 4" and reportedly ran a 4.2 in the 40. With that unique mix of speed and size he's just unstoppable on deep routes. Dante Culpepper is about 260lbs of muscle and has an arm that could send a ball into low orbit. Even he couldnt overthrow Moss.

Jerry Rice is smaller and slower but has great hands.

Moss is 6' 4" and reportedly ran a 4.2 in the 40. With that unique mix of speed and size he's just unstoppable on deep routes. Dante Culpepper is about 260lbs of muscle and has an arm that could send a ball into low orbit. Even he couldnt overthrow Moss.

Jerry Rice is smaller and slower but has great hands.

That's just it though, that's been Moss' primary bread and butter play. Go deep. Use his size to his advantage to go and get the ball. Rarely has he ever gone over the middle and juked defenders and scored long TDs by faking guys out. And Rice did that over and over again throughout his career. Its incredible how many times he did that. So Moss really has been a one trick pony whereas Rice could go over the middle or beat you deep. And Rice may not have run a 4.2 but man his playing speed was fast on game day.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
Rice is the GOAT

now Moss is the most feared and gifted WR to ever play. He changed the game, Rice did not. ALso Rice had HOF QBs throw to him, Moss had 2 years of Brady (he broke Rice's TD record for a season) and a couple of Games with Farve (where he caught farvres 500th TD)

now if Moss had been drafted with the another player from that draft, Manning they would have been the best qb, wr combo ever and moss would could have beaten Rice.

BEst Wrs of all time top 5

1. Rice
2. Moss
3. T.O.
4. Irvin
5. Carter

Honorable mention
Issac Bruce, Lynn Swan, Tim Brown, Marvin Harrison

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I thought Randy's favorite team was Dallas? Isnt that why he always performed so well against them?

Moss loved Dallas and they PROMISED him they would draft him but his off the field stuff scared them away because they dealt with Michael Irvin. In fact on draft day Irvin called Moss to apologize.

P60

Established Member
Lol @ people putting TO in there top 5 of alltime,While he was very physically gifted he was know to drop a lot of passes.

Users who are viewing this thread