NFL: Who Is The Best Receiver Of All Times?

Who is the best receiver of all times?

• Jerry Rice

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • Randy Moss

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Others

Votes: 12 11.9%

• Total voters
Bro you are really too ignorant to comment about football (and I would guess any other sport...for that matter, any subject in general). These parts? Is this forum geograhic specific? And now you expect me to be concerned/offended that you called me a Tool? Wow...you are a piece of work...

Bro you really are a major queer. The only connection you have to the Tailgate is that you are another DAL Cowboys jackass fan that wreaks of self importance. And YES you are concerned and offended enough that you can't resist n opportunity to respond to my posts. ***.

Last edited:

z28Eater

Hemi's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
Easily Rice number 1 but #2 is a different story. Ill say Moss because of how dominate he was but #3 I say Marvin Harrison. How can anyone put Mr.Overrated Michael Irvin ahead of Harrison???!!

Irvin
Games:159
Catches:750
Yards:11904
TDs:65

Harrison
Games:190
Catches:1102
Yards:14580
TDs:128

2001C5

Established Member
Bro you really are a major queer. The only connection you have to the Tailgate is that you are another DAL Cowboys jackass fan that wreaks of self importance. And YES you are concerned and offended enough that you can't resist n opportunity to respond to my posts. ***.
I love it when you resort to third grade name calling...let me get it straight, you can respond to my posts, but I can't respond to yours?

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
Of course Moss was scary. He was probably the 2nd best and most athletic WR of ALL TIME. Saying that Rice wasn't feared is ridiculous. Guy had almost 23,000 yards and 197 TD's. Did opponents think it was one long fluke?

Comparing Moss and Rice on the deep ball isn't an apples to apples comparison either. Remember the 9ers ran the West Coast offense, which ran short and intermediate timing routes, not deep routes. The fact that Rice still hit pay dirt 197 times in that offense is pretty remarkable.

I guess the big thing for me was if you told any defensive coordinator that at the end of the game Rice would ONLY have 4 catches the 49er's would LOSE. Rice needed 8+ Catches to do damage thats why he got so many first downs.

Now if you told a D-Coordinator that Moss would catch only 4 balls, you might still lose. Look at his first game 4 catches 95 yards and 2 scores. a 48 and a 31 yard score.

Rice could never change a game in 1 play.

Rice also had not 1 but 2 HOF QBs...the best Moss had was Culpepper and when moss was past his prime he had Brady...Oh yeah that 07 year with Brady He had the best year by any WR ever. Moss was on a 15-1 team and a 16-0 team. He was part of the two highest scoring teams in league history, 98 Vikings and 07 Patriots.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I guess the big thing for me was if you told any defensive coordinator that at the end of the game Rice would ONLY have 4 catches the 49er's would LOSE. Rice needed 8+ Catches to do damage thats why he got so many first downs.

Now if you told a D-Coordinator that Moss would catch only 4 balls, you might still lose. Look at his first game 4 catches 95 yards and 2 scores. a 48 and a 31 yard score.

Rice could never change a game in 1 play.

Rice also had not 1 but 2 HOF QBs...the best Moss had was Culpepper and when moss was past his prime he had Brady...Oh yeah that 07 year with Brady He had the best year by any WR ever. Moss was on a 15-1 team and a 16-0 team. He was part of the two highest scoring teams in league history, 98 Vikings and 07 Patriots.

That argument is completely absurd. Hypotheticals don't mean anything. Rice averaged 5.1 rec/gm over his career and Moss averaged 4.5. Rice also suffered a torn ACL and MCL and a broken kneecap in his 13th season. He still went on to have 3 more 1000+ yd seasons, 2 more Pro Bowls and 1 more All Pro season. Another testament to how strong his drive and work ethic was. Moss is in his 14th season right now. If he had that kind of devastating injury that'd be it.

The bottom line is, Moss had the potential to be better than Rice, but he didn't want it bad enough.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
That argument is completely absurd. Hypotheticals don't mean anything. Rice averaged 5.1 rec/gm over his career and Moss averaged 4.5. Rice also suffered a torn ACL and MCL and a broken kneecap in his 13th season. He still went on to have 3 more 1000+ yd seasons, 2 more Pro Bowls and 1 more All Pro season. Another testament to how strong his drive and work ethic was. Moss is in his 14th season right now. If he had that kind of devastating injury that'd be it.

The bottom line is, Moss had the potential to be better than Rice, but he didn't want it bad enough.

Rice has some guy named Montana then when he moved on he a nobody named young.

Moss had culpepper and a couple post prime years with Brady. He had horrible QBs in Min and Oakland

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Rice has some guy named Montana then when he moved on he a nobody named young.

Moss had culpepper and a couple post prime years with Brady. He had horrible QBs in Min and Oakland

Moss was 30 when he went to New England, he was not past his prime. Rice had 7 Pro Bowls and 5 All Pro seasons from the age of 30 on. Culpepper wasn't Young, but in his 5 seasons with Moss he averaged 3719 yds and 26 td per season. He was a very productive QB. And Brady is well, Brady.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
Moss was 30 when he went to New England, he was not past his prime. Rice had 7 Pro Bowls and 5 All Pro seasons from the age of 30 on. Culpepper wasn't Young, but in his 5 seasons with Moss he averaged 3719 yds and 26 td per season. He was a very productive QB. And Brady is well, Brady.

and I like how dont mention Moss' Qbs in Oakland...

07 Moss was the best season by a WR ever.

Moss made his team better. Rice could never make his team better. He was a gamer no doubt but he wasnt scary at all. Slow and great hands < Fast, great ups and good hands

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Moss made his team better. Rice could never make his team better. He was a gamer no doubt but he wasnt scary at all. Slow and great hands < Fast, great ups and good hands

You're not even worth arguing with. Rice broke short yardage plays for TD's all the time in the West Coast Offense they ran. You don't get 197 TD's by being slow. Just stop. :nonono:

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
You're not even worth arguing with. Rice broke short yardage plays for TD's all the time in the West Coast Offense they ran. You don't get 197 TD's by being slow. Just stop. :nonono:

Like I said he is a Better Wes Welker. He didnt have top end speed. Hell SHAWNE MERRIMAN ran a faster 40 than rice so yeah he wasnt that fast.

Take away Young and Montana and guess who rice is, Issac Bruce.

Still great, still HOF, but not the GOAT.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Carter should be listed before Moss in my mind! hes payed with shit but got the job done time after time! And im a rival fan!

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member

Sinister, you wouldn't happen to listen to Jay-Z would you? He had a great lyric that would apply to this "debate" you have going with Gadfly.

A wise man told me don't argue with fools 'Cause people from a distance can't tell who is who

Let's look at Moss' '07 season and compare it to Calvin Johnson's '12 season

Moss 98REC 1493YDS 15.2YDS a catch and 23TDS
Johnson 122REC 1964YDS 16.1YDS a catch and 5TDS

And look at arguably Rice's greatest season back in 1995 in his 11th year in the league:

122REC for 1848yds 15.1YDS a catch and 17TDS.

Its all how you look at stats. You magnify Moss' 23 TDs YET Moss hasn't done so amny of these things Rice has done. Moss never had 20.4YDS in a season like Rice did in '88. Moss never broke any of Rice's record with the exception of the 23TD single season marker.

And you have the audacity to suggest that Rice should apologize for playing with Montana and Young? Moss broke that TD record with Brady so what exactly are you saying? Also, you take a swipe at Culpepper yet look at Moss' incredibly productive 6 first seasons in the league which all came under Culpepper.

So your argument is silly at best.

Moss is a could've, should've WR. Rice is a I ACTUALLY DID IT and don't have any excuses WR. :burn:

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

And look at arguably Rice's greatest season back in 1995 in his 11th year in the league:

Its all how you look at stats. You magnify Moss' 23 TDs YET Moss hasn't done so amny of these things Rice has done. Moss never had 20.4YDS in a season like Rice did in '88. Moss never broke any of Rice's record with the exception of the 23TD single season marker.

And you have the audacity to suggest that Rice should apologize for playing with Montana and Young? Moss broke that TD record with Brady so what exactly are you saying? Also, you take a swipe at Culpepper yet look at Moss' incredibly productive 6 first seasons in the league which all came under Culpepper.

Moss is a could've, should've WR. Rice is a I ACTUALLY DID IT and don't have any excuses WR. :burn:

Don't forget Rice's '87 season. 66rec for 1078 yds and 22 TD. He had a TD on every 3rd catch LOL. That's nuts! Nobody feared him though.

Don't forget Rice's '87 season. 66rec for 1078 yds and 22 TD. He had a TD on every 3rd catch LOL. That's nuts! Nobody feared him though.

:lol:

The '87 season was hard to believe.

(Btw, Greg Jennings to the Texans would put some serious fear in every AFC team...)

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned

Compare Culpepper to Young or Montana

Users who are viewing this thread