NFL: Who Is The Best Receiver Of All Times?

Who is the best receiver of all times?

• Jerry Rice

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • Randy Moss

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Others

Votes: 12 11.9%

• Total voters
T.O a cancer according to who? I don't care how the media portrays an athlete. T.O NEVER had off the field drama and he was a team player. T.O production can not be denied period. He's a better route runner than Moss, he actually blocks downfield and he never took plays off like Moss. I think moss just plays/played football because he was good at it and not because he loved the game. He's basically the Tracy Mcgrady of the NFL, had the potential to be the greatest but didn't put in the work. He's still a top 5 reciever tho.

Calvin can and I think will be top 5 all time but it's WAY to early to put him there. He could have a career changing injury next year and his production could fall off. Let his career play out then place him where he needs to be.

And my bag, Irvin. On my list 3-5 can be reordered how ever you'd like and I'd probably agree.

You make a good case. I think people forget just how good T.O. was and how Moss couldn't and didn't do a lot of the things T.O. Too many took what happened in that one year in Philly and blew it out of proportion. And at the rate Johnson is going, he could end up being greater than Moss. Moss' first 6 years in the league were pretty insane though. Only Rice was better.

canibus

Established Member
TO is a cancer to a locker room. Ask the 49ers. He singlehandedly destroyed that locker room, in the end even mariuchi got canned. Garcia was solid and TO couldn't stand him. I really wish the Yorks would have kept Garcia and let TO walk. I guess it wasn't enough leaving the team, he then went on to claim Garcia was gay. Yeah great dude he is. **** TO, it's not surprising he ended up on reality tv.

cobrakon

Established Member
I voted rice but imagine if moss had played with joe montana and steve young.

Planter

Banned
T.O a cancer according to who?

to his teammates, to his QB, to his coaches, to his owner, to the team, to the goal (reaching the Super Bowl). that man could eat a lockerroom up faster than a fat woman allowed to run loose in an old country buffet.

he didn't get in trouble off the field, but he did have that attempted suicide debacle in Dallas where he od'd on some pills.

he killed many a team's chemistry, destroyed many team's playoff runs, and drove everyone nuts that was on those teams. guys couldn't wait to get rid of him. he was to the NFL..............

well...what I am to SVTP. :lol1:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
TO is a cancer to a locker room. Ask the 49ers. He singlehandedly destroyed that locker room, in the end even mariuchi got canned. Garcia was solid and TO couldn't stand him. I really wish the Yorks would have kept Garcia and let TO walk. I guess it wasn't enough leaving the team, he then went on to claim Garcia was gay. Yeah great dude he is. **** TO, it's not surprising he ended up on reality tv.

to his teammates, to his QB, to his coaches, to his owner, to the team, to the goal (reaching the Super Bowl). that man could eat a lockerroom up faster than a fat woman allowed to run loose in an old country buffet.

he didn't get in trouble off the field, but he did have that attempted suicide debacle in Dallas where he od'd on some pills.

he killed many a team's chemistry, destroyed many team's playoff runs, and drove everyone nuts that was on those teams. guys couldn't wait to get rid of him. he was to the NFL..............

well...what I am to SVTP. :lol1:

And still, his production can't be denied.

Planter

Banned
And still, his production can't be denied.

no one is arguing that you stupid ****. but stats alone don't get you anything and everything and a free pass.

on the field, off the field, in the lockeroom, professional life, personal life...all plays a factor.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Jerry Rice, obviously.

But Irvin makes a strong case for being #2. His highlight videos are just ridiculous.

2001C5

Established Member
What portion of "NFL: Who Is The Best Receiver Of All Times?" don't you understand? Oh, I see... it's not the answer that YOU want… Go ahead, ignore the FACTS…

Like I said, "Next question"?
He dominated his era, I get that...what you choose to ignore is the FACT that a player from the 30-40s is no where near the athlete/player of modern times.

CobRoush-00

Established Member
You make a good case. I think people forget just how good T.O. was and how Moss couldn't and didn't do a lot of the things T.O. Too many took what happened in that one year in Philly and blew it out of proportion. And at the rate Johnson is going, he could end up being greater than Moss. Moss' first 6 years in the league were pretty insane though. Only Rice was better.

I agree with some of the comments regarding T.O and Moss. However, I would say these two guys were very TALENTED. Now if they had combined their talents with their work ethics consistently, they could have been better than Jerry Rice. But it wasn't the case. Looking back at Rice's career, he was everything these guys never were. Therefore, Jerry Rice to me, is the best of all times.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
no one is arguing that you stupid ****. but stats alone don't get you anything and everything and a free pass.

on the field, off the field, in the lockeroom, professional life, personal life...all plays a factor.

Yeah cause every player in the HOF was great in all those areas, right?

canibus

Established Member
I consider TO to be top 5, i just don't agree with the post that says TO was portrayed as a villain by the media and therefore was given a bad reputation. TO is a POS, media of not.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
T.O was made to be the scape goat for Dallas problems, has things gotten better since he left?

I also feel he had a legit beef with Philly/Mcnabb, T.O wanted a new contract and wanted Mcnabb who was the "leader" of the team to back him. Mcnabb claimed he didn't like getting involved with other players contract negotiations, then it was time for Westbrook (i think thats who it was) to get a contract then all of a sudden Mcnabb speaks up for him? I would have blasted his ass too. T.O risked his career in that superbowl for Philly and played great while doing it.

You really don't know what you are talking about. You bring so many things into this that have nothign to do with T.O. as a player on the field. You're actually starting to sound like 2001C5 right about now. You should shut it down for 2013 already.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Chris Collinsworth.

Jerry Rice even said himself that Moss was a better athlete with more physical gifts than he had, but Moss would never outwork him. If Moss had Rice's drive and work ethic there's no doubt in my mind he would have been the greatest of all time, but he didn't.

2001C5

Established Member
You really don't know what you are talking about. You bring so many things into this that have nothign to do with T.O. as a player on the field. You're actually starting to sound like 2001C5 right about now. You should shut it down for 2013 already.
You better hope Planter sticks around...he keeps you from being the biggest idiot on here.

CobRoush-00

Established Member
Chris Collinsworth.

Jerry Rice even said himself that Moss was a better athlete with more physical gifts than he had, but Moss would never outwork him. If Moss had Rice's drive and work ethic there's no doubt in my mind he would have been the greatest of all time, but he didn't.

Bingo! You hit the nail right on the head.

Users who are viewing this thread