Next design for the Mustang?

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Since the future looks bleak, ford oughta just say screw it and offer a “wild stallion” edition. Think Mopar “jail break” but ford allows you pick SRA IRS | 3 different engines | bring back the last 10 years of color | more interior colors | etc etc.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
2006 to 2009. The C5 Z06 was about 50-54 if you got every available option for them.
No.

2006 zo6 starting was $65,800,

2009 zo6 msrp starting was about $75,000

You are referring to the base vette that was $52k starting price in 2006.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Since the future looks bleak, ford oughta just say screw it and offer a “wild stallion” edition. Think Mopar “jail break” but ford allows you pick SRA IRS | 3 different engines | bring back the last 10 years of color | more interior colors | etc etc.
Lol maybe if there 1968/1969. When you could actually build your car to spec.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah when I had my 03 I too had those thoughts of how heavy it was but damn, nothing like now. Sold it in’15 and decided to just keep the classic Mustangs.

My 03 felt heavy, drove heavy, was heavy. I spent far too much time and money trying to improve it. Maybe that's why I never really drove it?

My GT350 feels and drives like a much smaller, lighter car at any speed. It's a well balanced, very fun car to drive right from the factory.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
My 03 felt heavy, drove heavy, was heavy. I spent far too much time and money trying to improve it. Maybe that's why I never really drove it?

My GT350 feels and drives like a much smaller, lighter car at any speed. It's a well balanced, very fun car to drive right from the factory.
Man I would love to drive a 350.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
You, and a lot of other folks, @aoc racer. I've always preferred the GT-350 over the GT-500 in that respect.
Me too. I think the 15-20 GT350’s are the best looking Mustangs in this century (excluding the 03-04 Cobras) there is just a simple intimidating presence about them. (Referring to the Cobra that is).

Last edited:

Adower

Established Member

Ive sat in a 13/14 gt500, gt350R, boss 302 and to me the SN95 cobras seem to feel much smaller than those I listed above. Could be me though.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The GT350R is a very well balanced car. The sound at 8,200 rpm is to die for. Very nimble and acceleration is very good. You find yourself driving hard just to hear that engine at full chat.
The biggest problem with that car is having enough road to use it.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Mustang brand is going to die a slow death. By removing the V8 in any future models and transitioning to hybrid, all electric, or smaller turbos to me just kills the history and branding of the model for my age group. I guess the younger kids will get used to the new trends and embrace it. Glad I got my 350R to drive until I get put in the ground......

q6543

Established Member
They're in the mid 70s already, it's not hard at all.
Barely an inconvenience.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I hope Ford did their homework. But seeing the performance cars they are rolling out with... maybe not a ****ing chance!

But yea, I hope Ford does a leap like what Chevy did going from the Zeta to Alpha chassis. Huge leap going from gen 5 camaro to gen 6.

I hope F does this going from S550 to S650. If not the consumer loses, just like with the challenger, despite making a ton of sales. That car had no weight drop and was only good at one thing, roll racing slower stock cars. LOL

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I hope Ford did their homework. But seeing the performance cars they are rolling out with... maybe not a ****ing chance!

But yea, I hope Ford does a leap like what Chevy did going from the Zeta to Alpha chassis. Huge leap going from gen 5 camaro to gen 6.

I hope F does this going from S550 to S650. If not the consumer loses, just like with the challenger, despite making a ton of sales. That car had no weight drop and was only good at one thing, roll racing slower stock cars. LOL

Meh,

If Ford does what GM did the Mustang is dead. GM jumped the shark, consumers do not want high-performance sports cars. They want Muscle Cars.

Dodge has proved that for the last 7 years.

From my perspective, Dodge is the only one supporting the consumers.

GM was chasing metrics and numbers. Ford was dreaming about being BMW, Dodge was to broke to try and tell the customer what the should want and had to just give people want they actually want.

It sucks how heavy the LX cars are. You can't even pull weight out of them like old Fox/SN cars. Dropping $3,000 and gutting a Challenger will save you like 50lbs...

Users who are viewing this thread