Next design for the Mustang?

rborden

Established Member
There’s not much in the way of discussion about what the body style appearance for the next generation of Mustang will be or when it will come out.

I’d be lying if I said I liked the 2015 to current mustangs appearance. I’m ready for a change. This current design is played. Honestly it’s just hideous but that’s just my opinion.

Anyone have any spoilers of what the next Mustang looks like or will look like? Any idea when it will hit dealerships?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
There’s not much in the way of discussion about what the body style appearance for the next generation of Mustang will be or when it will come out.

I’d be lying if I said I liked the 2015 to current mustangs appearance. I’m ready for a change. This current design is played. Honestly it’s just hideous but that’s just my opinion.

Anyone have any spoilers of what the next Mustang looks like or will look like? Any idea when it will hit dealerships?

I need to create a new sub-forum for it.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Fuel economy standards will dictate what we get. Even though hybrids die with the upcoming bans, it will most likely be one.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
I think the retro styling that has been in place since 2005 is long in the tooth. The mustang is so iconic that coming up with a complete clean sheet design is a big gamble. Ford knows this. I would personally love to see a modern day fox body. At the rate we're going, anything with a V8 is a big win. I haven't heard anything about the rumored 7.3L finding its way into the mustang. Likely not going to happen with the current administration and eco wackos.

cobracide

Established Member
iu

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would love to have a 2019 Bullitt Edition. But with an 10R80 instead of the schtick.

That being said, I have heard rumors of an AWD Hybrid. I have heard rumors of a 6.8L version of the Godzilla.

It will be interesting to see what is truth and what is fantasy.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Honestly,

It's hard for me to get excited about any mustangs newer than the 04 cobra. I like the power they make, but prefer the body lines of the older stuff.

Might make an exception for the 13-14 Shelby....

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I've read they are shooting for an epic sports car design; One that kids want on posters on their bedroom wall. It will have a V8/6M for the entire 8 year run. Probably the last of the V8 Mustangs.

q6543

Established Member
Reality check... they're 2 years behind on the bronco launch, they're gonna be 2 years behind on the lightning launch

Ford can't get parts to make the cars that are already in production... I think the s650 gets pushed back a few years.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I don't think you're going to be getting one till 2025 at minimum. Especially with all the shit going on in the world right now within the industry and the economy.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I wouldn't mind picking up a new Mustang if they made it a little less fem looking and more macho, make the Tremec standard, and it dropped about 400 lbs.

Actually I'll save the $60k+ and buy a low mileage '12 Boss in Yellow Blaze or Competition Orange. That is a real Mustang. Or I wouldn't mind having a '11-'12 GT500. The 5.4 just sounds so bad ass.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I don't think you're going to be getting one till 2025 at minimum. Especially with all the shit going on in the world right now within the industry and the economy.

+1

Sales are comparatively minuscule compared to the real money makers in their lineup. Those will continue to get the lions share of the focus.

rborden

Established Member
Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread