Next design for the Mustang?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
How is it that you can have zero intention of buying a new Mustang regardless of what the S650 is but maintain a strong opinion on what it should or should not be? No customer defined the 64 1/2 Mustang.

Ford owns and defines the brand, if you don’t like a Mach e being called a Mustang there were 60K paying customers who did.

What was once an enthusiast site is now a herd mentality ‘let’s all agree we don’t like whatever Ford is doing‘ mob, all while Ford sales and stock are approaching a company record.

A 121 year old company can manage to change with the times yet many on this board can’t get past 1979 to 2004.
Unfortunately in those 121yrs ford has almost gone bankrupt multiple times with investor bail outs to keep them a float. They were very lucky in 2006 to get alan mulally that actually saved ford from go bankruptcy during the crash of 2008.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
How is it that you can have zero intention of buying a new Mustang regardless of what the S650 is but maintain a strong opinion on what it should or should not be? No customer defined the 64 1/2 Mustang.

Ford owns and defines the brand, if you don’t like a Mach e being called a Mustang there were 60K paying customers who did.

What was once an enthusiast site is now a herd mentality ‘let’s all agree we don’t like whatever Ford is doing‘ mob, all while Ford sales and stock are approaching a company record.

A 121 year old company can manage to change with the times yet many on this board can’t get past 1979 to 2004.
Yeah. Let’s all agree with whatever Ford does no matter what. Much better. Everyone on here should just shut up and get in line. This forum should not be for opinions.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

How? Well, because we can.

SVTP is still an enthusiast site. We all have opinions, including you. If you don't like some of our opinions/thoughts on Ford products, well, you're just going to have to live with it. SVTP is as great as it is BECAUSE its members share their opinions and thoughts openly.

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

SVTP continues to be the great enthusiast site it has always been. Actually....it gets better and better! By the way, @Mackie, you're complaining that SVTP USED to be an enthusiast site. Apparently you're not much of an enthusiast because you've only had 156 posts since September 1, 2002! That works out to 8 posts a year. :unsure:

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
The GT350’s from the S550 platform really charge me up. The Performance Package appearance also look nice. That being said I’d really like to see a smaller body Mustang for the next generation. That ain’t happening though.

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
The GT350’s from the S550 platform really charge me up. The Performance Package appearance also look nice. That being said I’d really like to see a smaller body Mustang for the next generation. That ain’t happening though.
I hear that. Was out in the shop yesterday, peaked at the 03. The car is tucked away most of the time, in the back.

Kinda gazed at it, new Mustangs sure are longer, wider, and heavy. Weird to say heavy coming from a 03 Cobra owner. Remember when these came out, everyone was complaining about the weight. Haha!

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
I hear that. Was out in the shop yesterday, peaked at the 03. The car is tucked away most of the time, in the back.

Kinda gazed at it, new Mustangs sure are longer, wider, and heavy. Weird to say heavy coming from a 03 Cobra owner. Remember when these came out, everyone was complaining about the weight. Haha!
Yeah when I had my 03 I too had those thoughts of how heavy it was but damn, nothing like now. Sold it in’15 and decided to just keep the classic Mustangs.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Whatever it ends up looking like, they need to find a way to bring in younger buyers, because the current ones continue to get older and older.

DoneItDeliberate

Established Member
I really dislike the current trend of manufactures having a line up of cars all with similar shaped grille/headlights/bumper. A Mustang should share zero styling with any other Ford product, it should be unique.

My least favorite corporate front end has to be the Toyota/Lexus predator face. My GF has a Lexus Prius with a predator face and it is awful.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
I would think weight loss would be a priority for Ford. Lighter weight makes it seem like more power to offset stupid EPA regs. It would also handle better and get that almighty increased gas mileage.
I don't design cars or pay Fords bills
So mine is a wish.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I would think weight loss would be a priority for Ford. Lighter weight makes it seem like more power to offset stupid EPA regs. It would also handle better and get that almighty increased gas mileage.
So mine is a wish.
Typically with new requirements for safety standards vehicles have continued to gain weight. So i would say that is not likely and with EV as the future weight isn't the biggest concern yet.

DoneItDeliberate

Established Member
So mine is a wish.
Not sure why the Mustang doesn't have an aluminum unibody with a plethora of carbon parts on it yet. Chevy stuffed the C6 Z06/ZR1/Grand Sport with carbon body parts, Ford should do the same.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Not sure why the Mustang doesn't have an aluminum unibody with a plethora of carbon parts on it yet. Chevy stuffed the C6 Z06/ZR1/Grand Sport with carbon body parts, Ford should do the same.
Sure that currently exists. At over 100k.

DoneItDeliberate

Established Member
Sure that currently exists. At over 100k.
It shouldn't be 100k. If GM can build 60K C6 Z06s then Ford can build affordable Mustangs with composite body parts and an aluminum unibody. Ford is already building aluminum body trucks, shouldn't be difficult to swap the Mustang from steel to aluminum. The hood, roof and decklid could all be made from lightweight composites to keep weight down and performance up.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
It shouldn't be 100k. If GM can build 60K C6 Z06s then Ford can build affordable Mustangs with composite body parts and an aluminum unibody. Ford is already building aluminum body trucks, shouldn't be difficult to swap the Mustang from steel to aluminum. The hood, roof and decklid could all be made from lightweight composites to keep weight down and performance up.
When was the last year 60k zo6? 2004?

Users who are viewing this thread