New Truck for Me

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
We are turning this cool truck thread into an insurance derail......Part of the benefit of being a MAhole, the socioeconomic factors play into your rate schedule. If you live in Charlestown with a 2014 Mustang GT your going to pay a lot more than I do with a 2014 GT since i live in a back holler town between Sturbridge and Springfield. Full coverage is $782 for me on mine, we are essentially the same age and driving record. When relatives got jobs and moved inside 495 they often “garaged”their cars at their relatives house as a huge savings. Of course that’s not legal and I don’t promote that behavior. We are a commonwealth of laws, just ask the MSP.
lol
I live out in the suburbs, in the Walpole/Foxboro area. It's a pretty well to do area and getting more expensive by the week.
You couldn't pay me to live in Charlestown, even though I grew up in Rossi. (Roslindale.)

Stanger00

Established Member
I drove a 2018 F150 XLT crew 4x4 with 5.bro, rented from enterprise and the start/stop was pretty seamless on that too. But I learned if I braked firm and let up to a light drag to a complete stop the thing would stay running. I also would wait for it to shut off and lift peddle to creep and brake to a stop and it would stay running. Had to do that because it didn't have rear vents and 100* weather with m my 5 month old in the back seat. I didn't have time to learn how to shut it off, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Do the suicide doors go 180* and is the floor flat when you fold the rear seat up?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
IMG_2333.JPG

IMG_2339.JPG

Sent from somewhere

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s a good thing insurance is being discussed. Imagine how expensive this repair is going to be? Watch out for those cats 03cobra#694
IMG_3680.jpg

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
The double cab on my sierra is ufgarbage. Its barely usable and with the transmission hump nothing sits right. The wife wants an ext cab since crew cabs are being used as family haulers by soccer moms

M91196

Established Member
The double cab on my sierra is ufgarbage. Its barely usable and with the transmission hump nothing sits right. The wife wants an ext cab since crew cabs are being used as family haulers by soccer moms

FWIW I have a SCAB just like the OP, I was coming off a regular cab and didn’t want the 4 door, thought it was too big.
But using the suicide doors has been a PITA for me since I use an airport parking facility every week that’s not spacious. Having to open both doors in tight spots (pulling luggage) is not as convenient as the mini 4 door would be if Ford made it. Alternatively getting in and out as a rear passenger is easier if you have the clearance to open the door. If I still had small kids I’d never want the suicide door hassle.
That’s the only thing I would think twice about for me next time I buy a truck, full 4 door might be a better fit for me.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
FWIW I have a SCAB just like the OP, I was coming off a regular cab and didn’t want the 4 door, thought it was too big.
But using the suicide doors has been a PITA for me since I use an airport parking facility every week that’s not spacious. Having to open both doors in tight spots (pulling luggage) is not as convenient as the mini 4 door would be if Ford made it. Alternatively getting in and out as a rear passenger is easier if you have the clearance to open the door. If I still had small kids I’d never want the suicide door hassle.
That’s the only thing I would think twice about for me next time I buy a truck, full 4 door might be a better fit for me.

I don’t understand why ford hasn’t done the mini real door like Dodge and GM yet.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member

I had the suicide doors on prior trucks and loved them. Im probably gonna bite the bullet and go crew cab

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It’s a good thing insurance is being discussed. Imagine how expensive this repair is going to be? Watch out for those cats 03cobra#694
View attachment 1509494

But up until that major accident the Aluminum is going to be way more dent resistent. We had one getting a new bedside so we took a small sledge hammer and hit the other end of the bedside that wasn't damaged. Wasn't a full force swing but a swing that would easily damage steel. The hammer just bounced off with repeated hits. To damage it you have to really concentrate the force into a small area. Door dings are far less likely to happen unless someone is pushing their door right into the body line of your truck.

There's just a lot of tradeoffs. I know you are just joking with the photo but the cost of the accident in your photo would be comparable if it was a GM or Ram and the Ram and GM wouldn't hold up any better in the same type of accident. There is a very small window of situations and impacts where the F150 is inferior which is what drives up the insurance costs. There are millions of these trucks on the streets which equates to plenty of claims making the F150 more expensive on average.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Toyless

Established Member
I've had 2 extended cabs and refuse to ever do that again...Crew is the way to go for sure. Getting someone in while in a parking spot is just ridiculous.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Damn it i really want that truck. Is there air vents in the back of the console?

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
My XLT SCAB has vents that run within the center console and exit in the back along with a 12v port. Not sure what a truck with a front bench seat has.

Sweet mother of pearl. Im looking at some STX package trucks that are marked down to 32-33k. I want the 5.0, but those go for 34k and up.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
We toured the Rouge plant yesterday...and now I need one of these trucks. They are just plain awesome. I can see how Brad wanted one bad enough to drop a big pile of coin on it.

Now where did I stash that extra $50k?

Users who are viewing this thread