New Truck for Me

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
This thing is unreal, but I’m coming out of a 04 Lariat. Just a few pictures for now. 18 Lariat, 2.7. I’ll get better pictures later. It’s so quite and smooth it’s stupid. I was up till 11 last night reading and playing. What has amazed me most, the auto start/stop. You can’t feel it or even know it’s working. There’s a button to disable it, but haven’t used it. Cooling seats are awesome. Not sure how I feel about the DRL’s. I’ll probably do the Forscan deal when I get some time.
Overall in 55 miles, home run.
IMG_2305.JPG

IMG_2303.JPG

IMG_2304.JPG

It just started this today.
IMG_2306.JPG

Sent from somewhere

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a great looking truck, Brad. The interior looks REALLY comfortable. I really like the interior colors. They blend well. Enjoy it my friend.

My old '14 Mini Cooper S had auto stop/start. I took some getting used to. I used it for a couple of months and just couldn't get to where I liked it, so I disabled it from that point forward.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
That's a great looking truck, Brad. The interior looks REALLY comfortable. I really like the interior colors. They blend well. Enjoy it my friend.

My old '14 Mini Cooper S had auto stop/start. I took some getting used to. I used it for a couple of months and just couldn't get to where I liked it, so I disabled it from that point forward.
I thought I would hate it Bob. I honestly didn’t think it was working. You literally can’t feel or hear it unless you look at the tachometer. I mentioned it to my wife, she said huh.

M91196

Established Member
Love it.

I have a SCAB , just a 301A XLT, leveled it and that was all that it needed.

Just something to consider.

Forscan is the bomb too.....

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
A guy I work with picked up a 3.5 Lariat Special Edition in a Ruby Red shade. 6.5’ bed and loaded. It’s a reeeaaaally good looking truck.

How’s the towing on the 2.7 compared to the 3.5?

MG0h3

Established Member
All of us at work did the leveling kits on our 15-17 F150s. Only cost like $180 bucks and no alignment needed.

Really changes how the truck looks.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice truck Brad, glad you’re happy with it.

I’ve heard of a lot of mixed feelings on the auto start, haven’t driven one yet

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
A guy I work with picked up a 3.5 Lariat Special Edition in a Ruby Red shade. 6.5’ bed and loaded. It’s a reeeaaaally good looking truck.

How’s the towing on the 2.7 compared to the 3.5?
No idea, this little motor has ass behind it. I haven’t even layed in to it yet. Way stronger than my 5.4. The mileage...
Thank Tony. It’s stupid nice.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Nice truck Brad, glad you’re happy with it.

I’ve heard of a lot of mixed feelings on the auto start, haven’t driven one yet
Thought I’d hate it Jerry, I can’t feel it in all honesty. If I do, it’s a button to turn it off. Usually you can hear the starter, truck twists. It’s really seamless. Maybe they changed shit. If my wife doesn’t know even after I told her, it must work good. Really.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
That color looks great and the two tone interior combo was a great choice. Congratulations

My94GT

Established Member
Great looking truck! We have start/stop in our XC90 and I’m really dissatisfied with how hard it engages at times. It’s a tough lurch. That said it’s not enough I bother to turn it off.

M91196

Established Member
English please, no abbreviations. I know the good to go. In other words, the factory settings?

There is an electronic file, the as built record, of how options and things are configured in the various computers in the truck, it’s a sorta unique record for your vin.

So your making a back up of the data to have in case something weird happens if you make changes.

Popular things include turning off daytime running lights, telling the truck to allow your fogs to be on with your brites, adjusting the speedo to work with larger tires(may not be available on yours) and adjust the TPMS settings if you go to 10ply tires.

F150 forums has a great thread that is really easy to get you started.

Hope that helps!

Also I ceramic coated mine, they are a lot of real estate to wash.....

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
There is an electronic file, the as built record, of how options and things are configured in the various computers in the truck, it’s a sorta unique record for your vin.

So your making a back up of the data to have in case something weird happens if you make changes.

Popular things include turning off daytime running lights, telling the truck to allow your fogs to be on with your brites, adjusting the speedo to work with larger tires(may not be available on yours) and adjust the TPMS settings if you go to 10ply tires.

F150 forums has a great thread that is really easy to get you started.

Hope that helps!

Also I ceramic coated mine, they are a lot of real estate to wash.....
Thanks. I joined those site, but just read. I may attempt the ceramic crap myself.

Users who are viewing this thread