New Truck for Me

Coiled03

Established Member
OK, yeah. FORScan is pretty fn awesome. Took all of about 10 minutes after backing up the modules to disable the double honk, turn on fogs, and high beams, and add seat/steering wheel icons to the climate screen on Sync.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Is that for 6 months or a year? Just the truck? Any kids on the policy?
A year. No kids
OK, yeah. FORScan is pretty fn awesome. Took all of about 10 minutes after backing up the modules to disable the double honk, turn on fogs, and high beams, and add seat/steering wheel icons to the climate screen on Sync.
Laptop Greg?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, got my new insurance statement for this thing. It over doubled. Something is wrong. I can understand the collision going up, but not everything else. Called my kid who’s my agent. He’s gonna look into it. From $565 for the 04 to $1,145.WTF?
Damn,........I wish I paid that much for my 2016 truck!!! lol
I pay over 1,500 a year. Clean driving record and no accidents. Insured with Liberty Mutual and I have great coverage. Plus, it's bank owned.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Insurance seems right unfortunately.

I know my 2015 F150 is almost twice as much as my cobra was to insure....

**** I’m gonna have to double check with State Farm they said it would only be $120’more a year than my 08 Fusion. I’m looking for one. What did you end up with trim and such?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zemedici

Established Member
I got a platinum, but the agent said the increases were due to aluminum body being so much more costly to repair....fwiw

@svtfocus2cobra any truth to this?

**** I’m gonna have to double check with State Farm they said it would only be $120’more a year than my 08 Fusion. I’m looking for one. What did you end up with trim and such?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M91196

Established Member
Damn,........I wish I paid that much for my 2016 truck!!! lol
I pay over 1,500 a year. Clean driving record and no accidents. Insured with Liberty Mutual and I have great coverage. Plus, it's bank owned.

That’s what you get for having to live in the exclusive 508/617/978 area code part of the world
My 2016 F150 SCAB is $688 per year in the redneck 413.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s what you get for having to live in the exclusive 508/617/978 area code part of the world
My 2016 F150 SCAB is $688 per year in the redneck 413.
HA HAAAAAAAAAAA
I guess so. Plus, like I said, it's Liberty Mutual, so I think they're on the higher side of pricing.
Plus, the bank still owns the truck and I have crazy coverage on it.
May I ask whom you insure with?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
A year. No kids

Very similar to mine, '16 3.5EB King Ranch. I pay $1062/yr. I actually just changed to Progressive as I was paying more elsewhere but for FAR less coverage. Just the bare minimums on everything. Now I'm pretty maxed out with coverage plus uninsured motorist, rental car, and a lower deductible for $360 less per year.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I got a platinum, but the agent said the increases were due to aluminum body being so much more costly to repair....fwiw

@svtfocus2cobra any truth to this?

No, not really. If you are comparing say a steel bedside replacement to an aluminum one the steel one is sometimes more expensive with parts prices and labor so they are very close. What they are probably basing it off of is the frequency of parts replacement when involved in an accident. You are going to be far more likely to have to replace a panel on an aluminum bodied vehicle than a steel one so averages in repair costs will be driven up that way, but the repair costs in general are very much the same.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Good looking truck. Not sure how anyone keeps a tan interior truck clean...
My old one was similar. No big deal.
BTW, this thing is unreal. So very pleased with it. So damn quiet, tight. The steering is different, Electic I guess. By the truck, I’m getting 23.9 city since the refill and trip reset. I’m gonna hand calculate this one. I don’t drive hard and trying to see what I can get. Hit 325 miles today.
The few times I hit lightly, this little motor has some ass.

Coiled03

Established Member
My old one was similar. No big deal.
BTW, this thing is unreal. So very pleased with it. So damn quiet, tight. The steering is different, Electic I guess. By the truck, I’m getting 23.9 city since the refill and trip reset. I’m gonna hand calculate this one. I don’t drive hard and trying to see what I can get. Hit 325 miles today.
The few times I hit lightly, this little motor has some ass.

You get your FORScan up and running yet?

M91196

Established Member
HA HAAAAAAAAAAA
I guess so. Plus, like I said, it's Liberty Mutual, so I think they're on the higher side of pricing.
Plus, the bank still owns the truck and I have crazy coverage on it.
May I ask whom you insure with?

Sorry missed this, Quincy Mutual is my company and I have full coverage due to a loan and the required coverages for my car allowance thru work, I am not a true SVTP baller.
I am accident free and step 99? I believe...no tickets for years.
We insure a 12 fusion that my 17 & 18 year olds drive and that costs over 2k with them as drivers....

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
STOP saying FORscan.

I laugh a little every time I read it.

IMG_1478.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread