New Style Terminator Forum Poll

Which style do you like best?

• I like the new style with specialized forums

Votes: 51 37.2%
  • I like having just 2 forums (talk/tech)

Votes: 80 58.4%
  • Other (please tell us your idea)

Votes: 6 4.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
People are so lazy. :rollseyes

I take it most of the people who responded with "I like everything in one spot" also put every one of their documents they have on their computer in the root of their "My Documents" folder.

Come on folks, if you put the information in the correct category, it will be much easier to find things and the important posts won't end up on page 6 before the end of the day. :idea:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
I think the new forums are working out fine. The Terminator Talk forum actually contains some moderately useful threads for a change...and a topic posted in the afternoon isn't six pages deep by the same evening (where nobody will see it anyway). Just getting the exhaust threads into a separate forum is a huge improvement!!!

I've said it before... If everyone followed some common sense guidelines and searched before posting, I'd be all for one forum. But with the traffic and sheer volume of posts this site generates, it's doubtful a single forum would be as useful IMHO.

By the way...

Which catback, pulley, motor oil, wheels, shifter, CAI, tuner, and toilet paper is the best? And I keep hearing a ticking noise under the hood. Whatsupwithdat??? :p

-Greg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
EXCELLENT!!!

What he said!!!! :wf:

Jimmy :pop:

dougwg

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Dougie did you forget you're a moderator too???????????? :kaboom: ;-)

but I am not a moderator of the forum in question.... therefore I would not be smokin any polls :D :poke:

Fleck 5

Established Member
I think that we should be able search however we want. Set it up like Ebay. In ebay you can go into Ebay motors and do a search for brake rotors. You can also go into the brake rotor section and then do a search. If you weren't looking for anything specific, you could just go into ebay motors and do a search for 2003 Cobra and see what is available in all of the categories. This gives you the options to either look for something specific or just browse in all categories. Half of the time I am in the forums, I am just browsing to see what people are talking about, the rest of the time I am doing research and I am looking for a specific topic.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
Where would you want us to post Interior and Exterior Modification questions. In Terminator Talk? I like it the way it is now very easy everything has its own place, i think thats how it should be.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
SID297 said:
The existing polls have to be dealt(sp) as they come up. I'll look into fixing some of the poll problems though.

How would everyone fell about 4 forums:

Talk
Tech (Hardcore tech such as a comparison of blocks or heads)
How To (Guides on how do mods, irs clunk fix, spark plug install, ect)
CAI, Exhaust, ect forum for all the newbie threads

Anybody up for this idea? I can do this fairly easily.

FordFreak

Established Member
I dont think there should be a tech and a talk. Cause people will still talk tech in the talk. Did that sound right? haha

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like the 2-forum format. Honestly the only two Terminator forums I ever visit are this one and the Drivetrain forum. I'm sure that some of my posts don't even belong here but because this is my main "home" I usually don't stray very far. LOL! I spend 95% of my time on this forum and maybe 5% on the Drivetrain forum.

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
I would strongly prefer only one forum. If I am working on suspension or my engine at a particular time, I will usually only look in those areas. If someone has a question on drive train or something else, I would probably not see it and wouldn't be able to help that person (if I could). This goes the other way, as well. If I need help with something in my drive train and I post my question there, it is much less likely to be seen and answered by someone since the viewership is much lower in each sub-forum.

dougwg

Established Member
CobraBob said:
I like the 2-forum format. Honestly the only two Terminator forums I ever visit are this one and the Drivetrain forum. I'm sure that some of my posts don't even belong here but because this is my main "home" I usually don't stray very far. LOL! I spend 95% of my time on this forum and maybe 5% on the Drivetrain forum.

There you have it folks, Right from the man.

CobraBob spends 100% of his time here on SVTPerformance.com

and he don't even drive a Cobra anymore :poke:

:)

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
The majority are saying that there's too many forums to open and look at...so they just read Terminator Talk. Maybe it's hard to break the old habit of clicking on one forum? :shrug:

Something to consider...

The Terminator sub-forums contain less traffic. Even if you just opened each forum once every other day and only read the first page, you'd never miss a thread! And look at the Terminator Talk forum right now...it's "only" 2 pages deep and we're half-way through the day. :eek: :-D

I would support a scaled down number of forums (Talk, Tech, How To, CAI/Exhaust/Etc)...but I think PlatinumCobra might be onto something...

PlatinumCobra said:
I take it most of the people who responded with "I like everything in one spot" also put every one of their documents they have on their computer in the root of their "My Documents" folder.
:lol1: ;-) :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread