New record for the quickest 11-14(15) stock motor coyote on the planet - 9.12@150

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
After a good amount of testing and tuning and constant tweaking of miscellaneous parts, I believe I've reset the record for the quickest stock motor coyote for an 11-14 (15) chassis.

The car is a 2014 GT Premium 6R80
  • 100% stock long block
  • 100% stock 6R80
  • Stock 3.15 gears with Truetrac diff - stock axles
  • Hellion Twin Turbo kit with Precision 6266 vband turbos
  • Circle D converter
  • Fore return style fuel system (dual 465s) with ID1000 injectors
  • BMR suspension to include UCA, LCA, and K member
  • Viking shocks
  • E85 fuel
  • Self-tuned using HPTuners

Thanks to my wife and crew chief for always being by my side, Kelly@BMR for the helpful suspension advice, and friends and family for the encouragement.

Thanks to Eric@hptuners for the advice and troubleshooting when minor bugs were discovered. This guys knows his stuff and is always willing to help, even after hours and on weekends. He's a big asset to the industry.

Thanks to wbt, eric@jpc, and others for the same--these are good friends and tuners to have in your corner when you run into things that make you go hmmm. There are a lot of different aspects in tuning these computers and its very helpful to have other like minds in the field who you can bounce ideas off of and troubleshoot problems.

There's more to come..

Here are a few pictures and a video of the 9.13 pass at the 2015 NMRA season opener at Bradenton Motorsports Park

[youtube_browser]5hIHWRuvIEo[/youtube_browser]

matu1_zpsfntugpcw.jpg

killshot1_zpsryw4svju.jpg

adriana2_zpsgfyb2xyh.jpg

burnout_zpsrtlfppbx.jpg

adriana1_zpsr89jibcu.jpg

killshot2_zpseu3qn0n9.jpg

nmra1_zpsaeuiqzwx.jpg

9.12timeslip_zpsfpat4lmw.jpg

9.13timeslip_zpsqizealxf.jpg

Last edited:

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
Congrats on the record!

So I'm assuming you have new internals ready to go for when the inevitable happens?
How many passes do you have on this setup already? Impressive for stock Internals for sure! Are you surprised it has been holding up?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Congrats on the record!

So I'm assuming you have new internals ready to go for when the inevitable happens?
How many passes do you have on this setup already? Impressive for stock Internals for sure! Are you surprised it has been holding up?

Thanks. No internals ready to go. It's definitely on borrowed time but we'll see how she holds up. The car went 9s the first time out on the turbo setup and converter back in November. I haven't counted yet but I would assume I have 60-90 9 second passes on the car since then and I don't know how many street races.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Awesome man! VERY impressive. What does it dyno(if you know?)

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Awesome man! I belive there is a faster pass on the stock motor but still VERY impressive. What does it dyno(if you know?)

I've never dynoed it. I just street and track tune it. There have been higher trap speed cars than my 150 pass, but I don't believe anyone has been quicker in an 11-14. Larry (stretchb) went 154mph on his 9.3 pass. Ronnie went 8.9@155 in the new edge swapped convertible.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I've never dynoed it. I just street and track tune it. There have been higher trap speed cars than my 150 pass, but I don't believe anyone has been quicker in an 11-14. Larry (stretchb) went 154mph on his 9.3 pass. Ronnie went 8.9@155 in the new edge swapped convertible.

I heard that one of Larry's cars with the on3 did 8.9 or 9.0 on the stock motor. I think it was a diff one than the one you are referring to with the 9.3 pass.(his first on3 setup) He doesnt post much, I heard the info from some local peeps. Yours is definitely the fastest I've seen posted. Let us know if it goes/how long it holds! Do you have stock OPG? Whats it shifting at?

Edit: could be hearsay about Larry's car so ignore my info. I haven't seen any proof and you know how second hand info is..

:bowdown::thumbsup:

Last edited:

corepwn

Established Member
I knew it was in the very low 9s area Justin, but 9.1s@150 on stock internals is an absolutely amazing accomplishment. I'm super jealous. Congrats, and thanks for sharing! (I know you're generally pretty hush hush on this stuff Mr. N/T)

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I knew it was in the very low 9s area Justin, but 9.1s@150 on stock internals is an absolutely amazing accomplishment. I'm super jealous. Congrats, and thanks for sharing! (I know you're generally pretty hush hush on this stuff Mr. N/T)

Thank you. I'm putting my grudge racing on hold for the time being since I know I've been pushing the limits of this stock motor and it's only a matter of time before it let's go. I would hate to have big money on the line and lose the race as a result of the stock motor giving up the ghost. I have one last goal with the car as she sits, then it will be time to think about the next chapter. Stay tuned :)

Thats unreal. what rear tires setup is that?

Mickey pros on SVE gloss black 15x10s.

Congratulations! Nice that your tuning it yourself also. Must be very gratifying.

Indeed it is, thank you

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I guess we'll just have to wait for the officals at BMP to accidentally slip up again! ;-)

Lol that was totally my fault. I rushed to the lanes and forgot to write the N/T and by the time I noticed the incrementals being displayed on the scoreboard, it was basically too late. At least it was only a 9.8 they showed ;)

Users who are viewing this thread