New record for the quickest 11-14(15) stock motor coyote on the planet - 9.12@150

corepwn

Established Member
Lol that was totally my fault. I rushed to the lanes and forgot to write the N/T and by the time I noticed the incrementals being displayed on the scoreboard, it was basically too late. At least it was only a 9.8 they showed ;)

Haha fair enough, I thought it was a 9.3-4 though! Must've heard wrong :)

pierce88

Established Member
That is absolutely crazy. I think there is a lot to be said about you tuning it yourself in that you can constantly address small issues before they can become larger ones... I can't even imagine the volume of data logs you have to support that tune at this point.

Congrats Man.

-Pierce

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
That is absolutely crazy. I think there is a lot to be said about you tuning it yourself in that you can constantly address small issues before they can become larger ones... I can't even imagine the volume of data logs you have to support that tune at this point.

Congrats Man.

-Pierce

Thank you. Every dragstrip pass is datalogged, saved, and analyzed. The engine tune up has been good for awhile now and I actually found that part much easier than tuning the 6R80. That is where the majority of my time is spent--making changes and tweaks to the shift points and the manor in which the transmission shifts. It is a fun and rewarding journey though, that is for sure. I believe I'm on tune revision #249 or something as every time I make a small change, I save a new tune so I can see what works and what doesn't.

Haha fair enough, I thought it was a 9.3-4 though! Must've heard wrong :)

An 8 and a 3 look very similar on the scoreboards ;) That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :burnout:

CSG

Established Member
I heard that one of Larry's cars with the on3 did 8.9 or 9.0 on the stock motor. I think it was a diff one than the one you are referring to with the 9.3 pass.(his first on3 setup) He doesnt post much, I heard the info from some local peeps. Yours is definitely the fastest I've seen posted. Let us know if it goes/how long it holds! Do you have stock OPG? Whats it shifting at?

Edit: could be hearsay about Larry's car so ignore my info. I haven't seen any proof and you know how second hand info is..

:bowdown::thumbsup:

I believe that was after Travis bought the car and put an Aluminator in it. Larry was driving...

HONDASAKI

Established Member
Congrats man! Those times on a stock long block are impressive and also very brave! Its cool to see someone push it that far!Good job man. How's the HP Tuners working out for ya? (obviously pretty good) Easy to use? Not too many "bugs"

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I believe that was after Travis bought the car and put an Aluminator in it. Larry was driving...

Ah. I had 3rd hand info that it was on the stock block. Thanks for clearing that up.

Crazy the power these are holding.

corepwn

Established Member
If I hadn't already invested in the SCT PRP and the X3/X4 handhelds, I'd definitely move to HPTuners.
The forums are actually helpful when troubleshooting tuning issues where as the SCT folks are much less so, and I like the interfaces much better through HPT as well.

Justin, how much boost are you pushing through this for these passes?

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Congrats man! Those times on a stock long block are impressive and also very brave! Its cool to see someone push it that far!Good job man. How's the HP Tuners working out for ya? (obviously pretty good) Easy to use? Not too many "bugs"

Thanks. I love HPT. I used it to tune my 08 corvette that I had before the mustang so it was nice to see them get on board with the coyote platform. Their tech support and forums are second to none. My only gripe is the delay in their releasing of the datalogger. I'm so sick of the SCT one and it annoys me that I'm forced to use it.

JTS_7

Established Member
Couldn't believe my eyes. Mr. N/T posted a slip and some info on his car.

Lol jfwy. What an achievement, you deserve it man all that testing at the track. Hopefully everything holds together for the next chapter.

Don't worry, HPtuners scanner is just two more weeks out. LOL, soon enough.......I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Torchy

Established Member
Awesome OP! How much boost so I can know what I can turn mine up to haha

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
That's a bit amount lower than I was expecting. Can't beat that turbo efficiency!

Ya, I'm not sure what power it's making but I'm sure its close to or north of 800whp to go 150mph. I don't want to turn it up any more as I know it's already on borrowed time.

Users who are viewing this thread