New Netflix Series "Dear White People"

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
stock-photo-one-brazilian-black-man-walking-saluting-handshake-on-white-background-146351282.jpg

Does your wife find it weird that you have all these pics of black men reaching for a hand shake saved to your cpu lol?
understand the meaning? Let's not go to intellect here okay Derrick...please don't even try to be condescending after trying to make a blatantly condescending statement not condescending. You sir are an ignorant person & I would destroy you with stats...you want to make this a black & white matter? explain how, if adjusted to a 1:1 ratio of black to white in America...Why would blacks make up more than 70% of welfare? Wanna keep going? You gonna throw out that whole oppression crap right? Want to bring up black on white killings? or how about the percent of violent crimes committed by the blacks? I mean the numbers aren't in your favor...but system oppression this & blah blah. Let's look at every majority black city in the states & please explain their conditions for me...I'm sorry you're an old fart that experienced some crap as a child, but times have changed my friend. Put your "black & proud" bumper sticker on your car & enjoy your life.
Here we go with the skewed stats to make a point. I say take all people off of ANY kind of government entitlement programs and see who it effects more. I think you'd be surprised.

ill bite.

could it be because 72% of black children are raised in single-parent homes?

https://newsone.com/1195075/children-single-parents-u-s-american/
I've said this before and I'll say it again. The way they classify people as being raised by a single parent is problamatic. If you live with your GF and have kids together, thats considered a single parent household, but is it really?

Let's raise the stakes, black fathers are just as involved in their childrens life than fathers of other races. Sometimes more.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2015/05/the-cdc-has-debunked-the-absent-black-father-myth

dofjqcj9vavmypsdlqju.png

What does that have to do with what he asked?

Sent from my iPhone somewhere in Mexico

I was wondering that too.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Eating meals daily and "asking about their day" is raising kids?

Laughable at best.

Broken homes are a major root cause of future behavioral problems in kids and young adults.

The real crime is the left's burial of this problem which further oppresses the very group of people Democrats profess to protect.

Anyone with kids knows how difficult it is let alone maintaining a marriage.

It takes a selfless person to make it happen....

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
Does your wife find it weird that you have all these pics of black men reaching for a hand shake saved to your cpu lol?

Here we go with the skewed stats to make a point. I say take all people off of ANY kind of government entitlement programs and see who it effects more. I think you'd be surprised.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The way they classify people as being raised by a single parent is problamatic. If you live with your GF and have kids together, thats considered a single parent household, but is it really?

Let's raise the stakes, black fathers are just as involved in their childrens life than fathers of other races. Sometimes more.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2015/05/the-cdc-has-debunked-the-absent-black-father-myth

dofjqcj9vavmypsdlqju.png

I was wondering that too.
"In similar situations"

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Let us just sum up the topic of the thread.

Could the show on Netflix be deemed racist without it being a reach?

Possibly

Do we think that news, entertainment, and media sources are trying to capitalize on events and people's emotions?

Oh yea!

Am I going to drop Netflix?

No, I just move along.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Fortunately, I just do a quick Google Image search, then copy and paste.

She wouldn't find it comical lol

Zemedici

Established Member
Fortunately, I just do a quick Google Image search, then copy and paste.

She wouldn't find it comical lol

she should! hahaha

what's worse is trying to explain something like that to her, I've done that with Tanya a couple times, and now just laugh to myself at what I see on this forum. :D

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
LMAO..

This is the guy who wrote "Dear White People" for Netflix..

And to top it off, he tweeted "F*** White People" When Trump won the presidency. Has this guy looked in a mirror? He might be the whitest guy on the planet. Blue eyes an all. This image is taken from his Twitter account and is his avatar. So, in turn, this movie is not even being written from a black person's point of view.

jack-moore.jpg

His actual photo.. Note...Doesn't actually have blue eyes.. LOL

CwwD5tgVEAE1Q5n.jpg

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
The actual important question to Netflix is why we have to wait until Halloween for Stanger Things 2

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Ah now I get it!

So if I go to the bank and ask for a $500,000 business loan, and have income / numbers to support it, I'll get it.

Meanwhile, if a black guy goes in with the SAME credentials, he will not get the loan?

My god. What an awful scenario.

Too bad it only exists in your fantasy land. I dont remember seeing a 'what race are you' question the last time I filled out loan / financial paperwork. It seems everyone's money spends the same way.

It's not a fantasy. That scenario literally happened to me. It wasn't for $500K, though. Years ago in my youth, I went to the bank to get a tiny loan to help with my fiance's and my wedding. I told her to stay in the car while I run in and apply. I was denied on the spot. We never even left the parking lot when I sent my [white] fiance' in for the exact same loan. She comes out a few minutes later with a check and loan terms. We were both young. Neither of us had credit history. I had a longer employment history and higher income. I was denied. She was approved. What was the difference between us?

During my internships I worked hard and kept busy every minute I was at the job. I asked for more responsibility/work, found my own work and if there was nothing for me I would sweep the floors of the building. My bosses and others around the companies took note and I quickly stood-out from the other interns. Was that an unfair opportunity?

You literally swept floors and were handed a gift wrapped job, but you don't see how that would be unfair to somebody coming from the outside?

I don't know what century you guys are from but the better candidate always obtains the job over lesser qualified candidates. Many things can account for picking one over the other but ultimately that is what it comes down too. Both these comments seems like excuses for failure to me and that you both have massive chips on your shoulders about it and are looking for something to blame. (Side note: before you commenting back with bullshit lifetime achievements about this or that: Save it. No one cares on an open car forum)

But i think everyone here can see it. You both don't like white people. If i were going to guess its probably because a white person said or did something that was actually racist. And there is a good chance it happened more than once. So you both demonized an entire group of people for it.

But here is the thing, every race on this planet have ignorant members among them that simply do not like other races based on culture stereotypes or some other aspect that they feel justifies their behavior. Demonizing an entire group of people for a small minority makes you both just as ignorant and part of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accuses us of being bitter failures with chips on our shoulders. Tells us not to prove how we're not failures. Awesome! LOL

My ancestors came over here as indentured servants. And my great grandmother is full Cherokee. But you know what? That wasn't me. I don't blame the long dead for any issues I may have now. I just do the best I can to be the best I can.

I swear if one more person tries to make the FALSE equivalency of indentured servitude to slavery...!!! That's literally as stupid as:

Person #1: OMG!! My foot just got chopped off!
Person #2: Well, I stubbed my toe! So we've suffered the same!

SMH

I'd gladly buy GT Premi, KingBlack, 2KBlack a drink and listen to why their view point is what it is.

No the hell you wouldn't! All you've ever done is launch attacks at me out of left field. I've never once even mentioned you by name or implication, but you seem to always have something to say about me. And if you think these kinds of dumbass exchanges are the only times I post, perhaps you should travel around the forum more. Do you really think I have nearly 3000 posts only from having to deal with your ilk with this stupid ass shit??

... I'm for unity, desegregation, etc. Black, white, etc. aren't skin colors anymore, it's a mindset..if you don't think a certain way based off of your color, you're not that color...

That's got to be the steamiest pile of horse shit I've ever seen. Do you also think gender is a mindset?

My only privilege is that I was privileged to have great parents..a hard working father & a nurturing mother. That's my privilege..& statistically speaking, you can call that my white privilege since whites are more privileged in the sense that a larger percentage of us have fathers. ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/08/...lack-dads-are-doing-the-best-of-all.html?_r=0

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/5/13/1383179/-The-absent-black-father-myth-debunked-by-CDC

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/20/opinions/arnold-black-fathers/

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I swear if one more person tries to make the FALSE equivalency of indentured servitude to slavery...!!! That's literally as stupid as:

Person #1: OMG!! My foot just got chopped off!
Person #2: Well, I stubbed my toe! So we've suffered the same!

SMH

The only person who has made an equivalency to that is you. I never said my ancestors were like slaves. You put those words together in your own racist head. So, at what point in your life were you a slave?

I am sick to death of people trying to make me feel sorry for them because of something I had no hand in doing. I don't feel sorry for you. I pity the fact that you are stuck in this cycle of oh poor me though.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
It's not a fantasy. That scenario literally happened to me. It wasn't for $500K, though. Years ago in my youth, I went to the bank to get a tiny loan to help with my fiance's and my wedding. I told her to stay in the car while I run in and apply. I was denied on the spot. We never even left the parking lot when I sent my [white] fiance' in for the exact same loan. She comes out a few minutes later with a check and loan terms. We were both young. Neither of us had credit history. I had a longer employment history and higher income. I was denied. She was approved. What was the difference between us?

When was this?
What was your reason for getting denied?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I've been denied on a loan on the spot too when I was in my 20's. And that was for only $20k. And I had collateral to back it up. It happens. Move on to another bank. My reason for being denied was lack of credit history. I was in and out of the bank in about two hours.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
When was this?
What was your reason for getting denied?

I laid out all the variables. We both were young with no credit history. I had more income and a longer work history. I was supposedly turned down because I didn't have a [long enough] credit history. Neither did she! What was the difference?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I laid out all the variables. We both were young with no credit history. I had more income and a longer work history. I was supposedly turned down because I didn't have a [long enough] credit history. Neither did she! What was the difference?

It's actually a female thing. My wife was always able to get better loans and credit cards then I was, and she only worked part time and is 3 year younger than me. It's the same reason why life insurance rates are less for a woman than they are men. They just use the stupid tables that show averages of who is likely to live longer for that. Banking, I am sure it is something similar.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread