New Netflix Series "Dear White People"

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
A simple Civics lesson would alleviate the majority of you guys' strawman arguments. "The government doesn't have money! The people do! Herpa derp!" I'm not even going to try to peel that onion. Just refer to the first statement in this post. SMH

Also, how many Jews were killed during the Holocaust? How many Africans were killed or died just in the Middle Passage during slavery? I shouldn't even have to refer to how many were murdered and brutalized while on U.S. soil. And if the government was fighting against slavery for the first 85 years of this country's existence, why was slavery even a thing in the first place?! That was just a stupid response. Hell, Abe Lincoln said in his own writings that if there was a way he could preserve the Union without freeing a single slave, THAT'S WHAT HE WOULD DO! He was a stone cold White supremacist, evidenced by his own writings. More ignorance of history on your parts.

In short this reply is "I have no counter arguments or basis for my claims, but rabble rabble rabble!".

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
A simple Civics lesson would alleviate the majority of you guys' strawman arguments. "The government doesn't have money! The people do! Herpa derp!" I'm not even going to try to peel that onion. Just refer to the first statement in this post. SMH

Also, how many Jews were killed during the Holocaust? How many Africans were killed or died just in the Middle Passage during slavery? I shouldn't even have to refer to how many were murdered and brutalized while on U.S. soil. And if the government was fighting against slavery for the first 85 years of this country's existence, why was slavery even a thing in the first place?! That was just a stupid response. Hell, Abe Lincoln said in his own writings that if there was a way he could preserve the Union without freeing a single slave, THAT'S WHAT HE WOULD DO! He was a stone cold White supremacist, evidenced by his own writings. More ignorance of history on your parts.

Quick google search.

Jews during holocaust: Estimated to be 6 Million
Blacks during middle passage: Estimated to be 2 Million

The method in which most jews were killed is probably more horrific IMO. You nor I have the facts of how they died, but, we can only imagine.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member

You're correct that HE did say that. But of course you cherry picked that part of his statement to try and prove your point which isn't surprising.

This is the the whole open letter to Greeley:

The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free. Yours, A. Lincoln.

Basically, his number one priority was saving the union. End of story. It does not mean he was a white supremacist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zemedici

Established Member
You're correct that HE did say that. But of course you cherry picked that part of his statement to try and prove your point which isn't surprising.

The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free. Yours, A. Lincoln.

Basically, his number one priority was saving the union. End of story. It does not mean he was a white supremacist.

Get outta here with that logic sir, there's no place for that here.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Honestly, every Africa American alive today should thank God their ancestors were slaves.

Slavery is what brought them here and has given them a life style that is better than 80% of the world.

Without Slavery, they would still be in Africa, exposed to incomprehensible poverty, disease, war, famine, genocide and modern slavery.

They should also be pissed off at England, Colonialism and their own African cousins for creating Colonial Black Slavery in the first place.

Even with all then racism of the 20th Century, they and their European counter parts, as Americans, got to avoid two World wars being fought in our own neighborhoods.

What is worse, 50 years of Jim Crow or 10 years of having your cities bombed into oblivion and being rounded up and systematically exterminated by an invading army?

It's basically said 9 in 10 women aged +10-80 between Russia and east Berlin ended up being rapped by the rolling Red Army.

Wide spread poverty and homelessness lasted well into the 50's for many in Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Coiled03

Established Member

Sent from my SM-G900V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

C-Tidda

Established Member
I'm not thankful at all for slavery. I understand Africans had sophisticated trading systems, were literate, traveled the globe, and built some of the biggest empires known to the world all before the transatlantic slave trade even occurred. So no I'm no thankful at all, that shit is like a spit in the face to any African American with a damn spine if you ask me.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Yea, Corbic... I have to agree with C-Tidda on that one. That's a little messed up.

There are way easier ways for people to get the benefits of being in the US... like sneaking over the US/Mexico border at 2:30 AM out in the middle of the desert. LOL

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not thankful at all for slavery. I understand Africans had sophisticated trading systems, were literate, traveled the globe, and built some of the biggest empires known to the world all before the transatlantic slave trade even occurred. So no I'm no thankful at all, that shit is like a spit in the face to any African American with a damn spine if you ask me.

You do realize the slave trade existed in Africa before white-men showed up, right?!

You do realize those "trade/empires" existed solely in North Africa right?

You do realize everyone's potential ancestors could have been Slaves, right?

Should we be demanding apologies from Mongolia and Italy? Egypt and Syria?

Slavery is one of the oldest forms of human culture and economies.

Over the centuries it just evolved, in both justification and practice.

In encourage you to read up on the Russian Empire and the legal difference between Slaves and Serfs.

You also know Brazil didn't abolish slavery until 20 years after the US, right?

I stand by my point....

Being born today in the US is a ****ing gift from God. We are living in a society where our poor live better lives then the aristocracy of Medieval Europe or even the ****ing Roman Empire.

So rather then crying about being brought here in chains, take pride in the suffering your ancestors endured to get you to this point in life and be grateful for their sacrifices.

C-Tidda

Established Member
I never said anything about the white man in my post you quoted. I never said the white man created slavery.

West Africans were involved in the Trans-Saharan trade you speak of. They traded gold, ivory, salt and cloth, for North African goods such as horses, books, swords and chain mail.

Have you heard of the Mali Empire or Songhai ? Or maybe even the one in Ghana?

Yes I knew about Brazil.

Users who are viewing this thread