New Mustang Release

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Some of you guys are spoiled. Complaining about the littlest shit that you would probably be all giggly over if it were in your driveway. If you don't like the design then that's one thing, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but bottom line is people love the tech and just like every other brand Ford is doing the same. The tech isn't unreliable as far as the basics go. This tech has been around for decades now and it is solid at this point; it's running on Unreal Engine of all things. It's the special functions and features, the ones they use to grab headlines that are new and untested, that end up being unreliable. I've been using Ford Sync for the last 8 years and can't think of a single issue that has brought the system down where it was unusable.

Designs are one thing and everyone has a vision of what they like, but it seems like people are nitpicking as usual for no reason. Within 6mo to a year the entire tide will change the other direction.
Ford Sync is shit. Have yet to try Sync 4 myself but heard is no better than Sync 3 which isnt great. Sync 4 is still running on BB QNX. Had Sync 1-3 on different cars. Not unreliable? Year 2022 and Ford cant get a damn back up camera right without getting a damn blue screen on the new Explorer's.

Its slow, buggy, crap UI and can be unresponsive at times. I have it on my 20 Explorer with the portrait screen, IDK what Ford was thinking with this. There's a reason why Ford is slowly moving from Sync and onto Android.

Chevy improved much more than Ford in that department but the best is Dodge's UConnect UI skin.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Ford: Reveals new Mustang
Me: Gets comfortable with the fact that my GT350 and my wife's GT will be the last new mustangs we ever buy.
Also me: Starts saving up for a 911

Good luck, a lot of Porche drivers have the same plan.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Ford Sync is shit. Have yet to try Sync 4 myself but heard is no better than Sync 3 which isnt great. Sync 4 is still running on BB QNX. Had Sync 1-3 on different cars. Not unreliable? Year 2022 and Ford cant get a damn back up camera right without getting a damn blue screen on the new Explorer's.

Its slow, buggy, crap UI and can be unresponsive at times. I have it on my 20 Explorer with the portrait screen, IDK what Ford was thinking with this. There's a reason why Ford is slowly moving from Sync and onto Android.

Chevy improved much more than Ford in that department but the best is Dodge's UConnect UI skin.

I've never had any issues with mine. I've used just about every UI in all the common brands and Ford's is not as bad as you think, but I've heard it's been buggy for people. I feel like I tend to get lucky with the Fords I buy because I rarely ever have issues with them.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I've never had any issues with mine. I've used just about every UI in all the common brands and Ford's is not as bad as you think, but I've heard it's been buggy for people. I feel like I tend to get lucky with the Fords I buy because I rarely ever have issues with them.
I tried them as well, the UI on my Cadillac is smoother and faster but I still preferred the Dodge one.

I just think Ford abandons Sync in general fast, Sync 2 was moved on too quickly as well. Sync 3 dropped app link, already fired/let go most of their devs for it. Love their vehicles and options, just hate their Sync.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I tried them as well, the UI on my Cadillac is smoother and faster but I still preferred the Dodge one.

I just think Ford abandons Sync in general fast, Sync 2 was moved on too quickly as well. Sync 3 dropped app link, already fired/let go most of their devs for it. Love their vehicles and options, just hate their Sync.
...and their quality.

I have a Mazda CX-9 I bought new in 2007, it's survived 175,000 miles, carting my family all over the country, teaching 4 teenagers how to drive, and many years on college campuses and it still is a reliable low rust Wisconsin vehicle.

My 3 Fords all have random interior, exterior, and mechanical parts just break for no reason at all and all three have hard to explain rust and corrosion. I have Sync 2 and 3 and both lack responsiveness.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member

Can agree that Dodge's UI works pretty well. Easy to connect to and pretty easy. I always felt that Nissan/Infiniti was one of the worst to deal with. Just confusing.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
...and their quality.

I have a Mazda CX-9 I bought new in 2007, it's survived 175,000 miles, carting my family all over the country, teaching 4 teenagers how to drive, and many years on college campuses and it still is a reliable low rust Wisconsin vehicle.

My 3 Fords all have random interior, exterior, and mechanical parts just break for no reason at all and all three have hard to explain rust and corrosion. I have Sync 2 and 3 and both lack responsiveness.

Go on Mustang6G and say "I wish my new 45-50 thousand dollar Mustang had the build quality and fit and finish of a 28 thousand dollar Mazda" and they'll say that'll add too much to the cost of a new car. Apparently you can have horsepower or build quality, but not both, is what I'm told.

I love my car but at this point, considering I've owned Fords for literally half my life, I'm now pretty used to having to fix what they were too cheap to do themselves. Like centering/squaring up the rear sub frame.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I have never used the sync system in my car. Never will.
I mean you cant completely avoid it in new cars. Its tied to some of core functions of the car.

I always enable Android Auto the second I get inside my car but thats only for spotify, navigation and voice commands. A/C for rear seats, radio functions, massage seats functions, etc, need to be used with Sync.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Weird hearing Dodges UI is so good, my brother in law had a 2021 2500 for like 6 weeks. The UI was very buggy, slow and car play barely ever worked (it also had to be plugged in manually). His new 2022 F350 automatically connects carplay, the screen is lightning fast and it never bugged even once over the last 2 days I spent in the truck. It seems like a huge upgrade. Maybe there is a fresh software update that makes it work. That was the only UI I've been impressed with that wasn't Tesla or Volvo.

I also have a friend who had a 2019 Dodge 2500 and the only complaint he had was the UI, he sold the truck and downsized to a 2010 F150.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
If the AM radio works and my phone calls go though, life is good, LOL. My 2016 F150 and 2019 Lincoln Nautilus always work fine.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Doesn't sound too bad actually. Soon enough they'll be running around sounding extra obnoxious and raspy, though. Maybe if it retains the OEM mufflers it would still be okay with longtubes and a catted midpipe.

Regarding Sync 3, I've got annoyances rather than major issues:

-Bluetooth audio automatically connects about 1/4 of the time. This goes in spurts where it'll work fine for a couple days and then crap out again. It'll try to connect for a minute and then tell me the device isn't available so I go through the steps to connect it and then it finds my phone right away. Other times when I fire up the vehicle, it'll just go straight to the radio.

-Very rarely the screen will turn blue when I shift into reverse. Hasn't happened in a while so now that I'm mentioning it, it's sure to happen today. lol

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
OT but the Uconnects have been great minus the one in our Wagoneer. 10" screen(or 12") and it's glitchy. Shame cause going back to 2014(SRT Jeep) never had one issue with their systems till the Wagoneer.
Never had any issues with the Syncs outside of the Sync 2(?) which was in the 13-14 Raptor. Bluetooth issues mainly.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Maybe it is all the additional features that slow it down like back-up camera and all the additional luxury items that my FiST doesn't have. Only issue I have is if I'm driving and my phones BT is off and if I turn it on then the car can't connect unless I turn it off and back on and then it will automatically connect. I've always thought that was probably a safety feature as they don't want you fumbling around trying to connect it while driving.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Maybe it is all the additional features that slow it down like back-up camera and all the additional luxury items that my FiST doesn't have. Only issue I have is if I'm driving and my phones BT is off and if I turn it on then the car can't connect unless I turn it off and back on and then it will automatically connect. I've always thought that was probably a safety feature as they don't want you fumbling around trying to connect it while driving.

If your phone has been paired in the past... when you turn it on while driving, you should just click on the phone icon, then the name of your phone and it'll connect while you're driving. I just did this in my 2017 F-350 this weekend.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
If your phone has been paired in the past... when you turn it on while driving, you should just click on the phone icon, then the name of your phone and it'll connect while you're driving. I just did this in my 2017 F-350 this weekend.

Mine won't do that. It will try and then says it failed. I have to turn the car off and back on for it to reconnect. If my phone BT is on it connects right away every time when I turn the car on. It's only when my phone BT is off and then on that there is an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread