New gauge pod alternative! comments?

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
To the last two posts: check your PM.

For the rest of you guys watching, today was like Christmas and my birthday all rolled into one. The shipment of my gauge pods arrived, so there are now enough to produce my first run. With demand as it is, I anticipate to sell out pretty quickly, but hope to keep manufacturing up to the level of sales so there are no backorder periods. Anticipated shipping date is mid-April to start filling orders.

I'll be at the 40th anniversary event in Nashville in April, and will have some of the pillars there. Due to time restrictions and scheduling, I won't be selling them there but will be happily taking contact information to do so.

You should see some changes to my site soon, and GO time is getting pretty close now. What started over a year ago is now within a few weeks of becomming a reality.

Thanks to all for your continued support and enthusiasm,

Alan

Last edited:

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Alan,
Please PM me when you get the chance. I would like to purchase one as soon as they are available. Thanks!

BLK_03

Established Member
Double pod with raptor light option (or just double pod if that is what is ready for sale, and then add the raptor later) here. I am ready to go!!! Guages are still sitting ziptied on the dash, waiting to be nestled in a warm fuzzy guage pod!!!

Can't wait to get mine!!!

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Time for a quick update for those following the progress of these gauge pods.

I've received approval from the management of this website to sell this product on the boards. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank them publicly for the chance to do so.

At least 2 cars will be in Nashville with my pods. Hopefully, I'll have some production models to view there as well.

In the meantime, I'm torn between starting a new thread or continuing here in order to start taking pre-order commitments. I won't accept any payment until there is product to ship, so there's no problems if manufacturing causes any unexpected delays.

So what do you guys think? New thread, or keep it here?

Thanks in advance,

Alan :beer:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Alan, Why don't you start a thread similar to mjchip's diff. cover brace purchase. Put me down as a definate "yes".

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by plan b
Alan, Why don't you start a thread similar to mjchip's diff. cover brace purchase. Put me down as a definate "yes".
See if a mod will sticky it.
I'm a yes too. :beer:

TRBO VNM

definitely start a new thread and get a sticky. put me down for one and I will want to do the raptor mod....I might be needing it sooner than I thought. :-D

Last edited:

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
I've been following this thread for a while and as of today, "...One two guage pod with raptor shift light here please..." Let me know when you're ready to sell and I'll zag you my payment via paypal, check or credit card!!!

~ Fresh :beer:

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
It looks like I will start a new thread in the next few days to start a pre-order contact list. I'll put a link back to this thread so any questions/comments will still land here. Hopefully, the mods won't have a problem making it a sticky for a little while.

There are no pics of a raptor install to post yet. The raptor mod is proving to be a tricky little thing to get right. My focus is on getting the pods to market right now, but the raptor mods' popularity is pushing me to work harder on getting it done. It's a lot like these pods were; I can see it in my head but can't quite get it right in material. I'm close, so we should see one installed pretty soon.

Thanks again for all the support/emails/etc. I really look forward to working with the mustang community closely and developing products that meet higher standards of quality, ingenuity, and functionality.

Alan :burnout:

adam

Established Member
Alan, Good to hear it's coming along. It was great talking to you about the production process. I am going to put my car in the car show at WFC at Gateway in May, and if I get it in time, I will show your pod and gauges if you would like.

Look forward to getting one soon. Thanks Again for all your work

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Your latest update...

I'm getting ever so close to my shipping time. Still working out some manufacturing details, but it's all definitely in the home stretch. I'd like to say the pods will ship in April, but early May isn't completely out of the question.

I'm going to start the pre-order thread tomorrow. I'll PM a mod and see if it can be made a sticky, which would be great for me if they would allow it. *Edit* Thread will become a sticky, thanks 03DOHC!

We're off to Nashville on Friday for the 40th anniversary Mustang event. I'll have at least one/two cars with pillars installed, as well as a prototype dual pillar pod and some other interesting items to show people I meet. I'll be at the Opryland hotel, and plan to attend the Nashville/Memphis SVTOA meet at Jillians on Friday at 6:30 (this is located across from the Opryland hotel). After that, I'll be at the Saleen party in the hotel (8:30 - ?). If anyone is definitely going to be in the area and want to get together to talk, send me a PM and we'll work it out.

I hope I get the chance to meet some of you at the show. With so many cars there, it may be tough to find me. But if you see these pods in Nashville, the owner of the car will know how to track me down.

Thanks,

Alan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread