New gauge pod alternative! comments?

TRBO VNM

I'd be in for a dual with the raptor option and color matched in a coupe. I will probably end up with 4 gauges totally and will have to probably use the autometer benzel as well for the other 2.

great work

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Hey guys, I've got a pretty cool update on the project for you. Did an install tonight of the first 03 Cobra convertible pods. The pics I have are too big to post, so I hope it's ok to link to our SVTOA forum where they are posted.

http://svtoa-memphis.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=644

This is a good chance to check out the pods which are very close to the production model (identical for the most part), and the lunar gauges really look good in the pods.

Hope you like them now that you can see them in a terminator; I'm really pleased with the results. Getting pretty close to "go time" on the project, so I'll keep you posted as always.

Thanks,

Alan

Last edited:

bfoley

Established Member
AlanW6 and his partner Mike installed my Pods in my 03 Cobra Vert. I am stunned on how well they look and how clean the install went. There is no comparison to the Autometer Pillar and Alan's. Especially for Verts. I have posted some pics of the work on our SVTOA Chapter board

Alan thank-you very much for putting forth the effort to make a product that isn't available for Verts and looks absolutely magnificent.

http://svtoa-memphis.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=644

Last edited:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Finally, a guage pod for a convertible, looks killer! Can't wait until I can get my hands on one!

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
Those look amazing! Great work and is there any chance on a group purchase? It may have been mentioned already in this thread, but I can't find anything.

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Thanks to all for the compliments. The pods in bfoley's 03 definitely look great in person, and he shot some nice pics of them.

For the question regarding a group purchase:

This is something I'm open to, and anticipate starting one soon. Once my manufactured samples come in, I'll have a finite deadline for shipping availability. It would be best to wait until then before I ask for any firm commitments.

Moderators: What is the proper procedure for a group purchase on your forums? PM me with details if you prefer. I'd appreciate your input.

There are now updated pics of the 03 vert pods on my site: www.speedofsoundllc.com

The raptor option is also coming along. We think we've found a way to mount the raptor in a very cool way. I'll get some pics up as soon as a prototype meets my expectations.

Thanks again for all the kind words and support, it drives me to keep working hard to ensure this product will set the standard for its type.

Alan

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by 03blacksnake
Those look amazing! Great work and is there any chance on a group purchase? It may have been mentioned already in this thread, but I can't find anything.

Count me in on this one. Looking for a triple gauge pod and this is a nice set up. Do you plan on doing triple gauge pods? Sorry I have'nt read the whole post just saw the dual gauge pods. LOL i'm still waiting on jegs to get me my gauge pod but I been waiting for about a month now what's a few more weeks. I'll have to read the whole post but no time now. Let me know when their for sale i'll take a coupe triple gauge pod off your hands. :rockon:

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobraguy01
Still waiting

...and I thank you. Hang in there, my goal is the product will be worth the wait.

New pics are up on the website, showing some wider angle shots of the 03 Cobra vert install. Check them out and let me know what you think. It's at www.speedofsoundllc.com

Thanks,

Alan

Last edited:

Cobraguy01

Behind The Scene
Established Member
Originally posted by alanw6
...and I thank you. Hang in there, my goal is the product will be worth the wait.

New pics are up on the website, showing some wider angle shots of the 03 Cobra vert install. Check them out and let me know what you think. It's at www.speedofsoundllc.com

Thanks,

Alan

Alan, they look awesome. I can't wait till they are done.

bfoley

Established Member
I absolutely love them. As much as I did want a 3 gauge pod It really would have obstructed my vision.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

alan,

can you please check your PM. You told me to PM you and I did a while ago. I resent it thinking it may have gotten lost in the website update.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread