New gauge pod alternative! comments?

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
45 days is the estimated time quoted to me by the manufacturer to assemble the tooling, send me off-tool samples to approve, and produce my desired amount. So, in other words, the clock has already started.

I can't wait to get these on the market; and am enthusiastic the quality will be unmatched. You guys have been great offering your support and feedback.

Been looking at the 2005 mustang, and really look forward to getting my hands on one to develop pods for that model. I plan to visit the nearest auto show asap to see a production model.

Somewhat off topic:

If any mods are watching this thread, I have PMed the site owner with a question regarding the process to become an authorized vendor on this site, and have not heard a response. Please PM me with any details so i may legitimately offer these through your site.

Thank you,

Alan

aaron775

Great looking gauges! Definately different and distinct! What about a similar offering like these ones for Fox bodies? Just a quick suggestion :) Good luck :beer:

Tim Lester

Established Member
Juiced-03 I like your look. Were did you get all the parts for that type of set up? How hard to install?

Thanks Tim

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Tim, I'll answer for Juiced03, since I don't know if he checks this thread regularly. The dash bezel he is using is available directly from Autometer. It is designed to replace the OEM bezel.

Aaron, thanks for the compliment. Since I drive a fox body I have given plenty of thought to mounting gauges in our cars. Take a look at what I did in my personal vehicle (below). FYI, I'm working on a gauge mount for the center AC vent which is TRICK! Plan is for two gauges with AC, three gauges for AC delete cars.

Thanks,

Alan

foxpod1.jpg

ntechnic

Established Member
Also watching and eagerly anticipating.

I went to the LA Auto show yesterday, but the '05 was debuting at Detroit. They said it would unveil at LA today.

Figures.

aaron775

Originally posted by alanw6

Aaron, thanks for the compliment. Since I drive a fox body I have given plenty of thought to mounting gauges in our cars. Take a look at what I did in my personal vehicle (below). FYI, I'm working on a gauge mount for the center AC vent which is TRICK! Plan is for two gauges with AC, three gauges for AC delete cars.

Thanks,

Alan

foxpod1.jpg

That looks awsome, way better then the other alternatives out there!:beer:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
45 days is the estimated time quoted to me by the manufacturer to assemble the tooling, send me off-tool samples to approve, and produce my desired amount. So, in other words, the clock has already started.

28 more days? :D

BLK_03

Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
28 more days? :D

My guages are ziptied and sitting on the dash,
waiting (enter cricket chirping here)

28 more days of ......being a .........ricer.........can't .........
hold on....... much............... longer.........

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Hang in there guys....

I've now reached the part of the process that is killing me. The wait. My manufacturer is making the tooling now, and I expect samples in the next couple weeks. If they meet my approval, I'm going to run about 500 pillars to start off. It's a small number, but it's a start. Should they sell well, it will be faster to produce more. It's the tooling of the molds that is taking time. The odd shape is a challenge, since the undercut does not allow a simple "plug" mold to work.

It really makes me feel good to know you guys are watching the progress. I hope our finished product so far exceeds the other options that it's a no brainer.

I ask for your continued support and patience, and look forward to starting a new thread soon that says: New gauge pods are a GO!!

As always, feel free to ask any questions about this or other custom items you can't find a good alternative for. The gauge pods are just a start, there will be more to come...

Alan

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
Hang in there guys....

I've now reached the part of the process that is killing me. The wait. My manufacturer is making the tooling now, and I expect samples in the next couple weeks. If they meet my approval, I'm going to run about 500 pillars to start off. It's a small number, but it's a start. Should they sell well, it will be faster to produce more. It's the tooling of the molds that is taking time. The odd shape is a challenge, since the undercut does not allow a simple "plug" mold to work.

It really makes me feel good to know you guys are watching the progress. I hope our finished product so far exceeds the other options that it's a no brainer.

I ask for your continued support and patience, and look forward to starting a new thread soon that says: New gauge pods are a GO!!

As always, feel free to ask any questions about this or other custom items you can't find a good alternative for. The gauge pods are just a start, there will be more to come...

Alan

Good job Alan, keep it up. I hope to pick up a pillar when I get back from the Desert! (around Oct)

Later
Jess

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Price. Good question. As my expenses are becoming more clear, I'm able to determine a closer estimate to the price of the a-pillar pods.

My target is to stay under $100 for the full pillar. I've seen most of the full pillars run from 60-70 bucks. These products are covers meant to go over the stock pillar, not direct replacements as mine will be. Mine will mount with OEM clips and mounting posts, so a stock fit and look are acheived.

I'm probably going to offer the pillars in a few states of trim. A base pillar will be available (almost certainly in black) and the option for a dyed pillar will run a little more. I'm also in the process of becoming an Autometer vendor, so there may be discounts when purchased loaded with your choice of gauges.

Realistically, I'm looking at 89-99 dollars. Price should not exceed this number, but could also be less provided my expenses in manufacturing don't get out of hand. It has been a costly process so far, but I expect to generate a return on my investment over time and volume, not by overpricing a small number. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Hope this helps, and i'll let you know more as I do.

Alan

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Will you post a new thread when the pillars are available?

predator

Established Member
Originally posted by SnakeBit
Under $100 and I'm in. Deal on guages and I'm in all the way.

What he said! Waiting for the 3 gauge/raptor option. Not much talk of this lately.....is the raptor included in the pillar still an option?

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
The first production models will be dual pillars. The triple pillar simply does not look good enough, and is somewhat visually distracting.

The raptor option is still being designed. I've got a few rough prototypes laying around, and will post pics to determine a favorite when the time is right.

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread